3 reasons to watch Oregon

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
I like Mariota, don't think he's completely ready for the NFL yet but given some time to develop he could be amazing. Royce Freeman is a stud at RB, but we shouldn't have any RB needs for a long time, so it doesn't affect us as Rams fans, just exciting to watch.

I'd love to get Helfrich in as an OC for this team, he's incredibly creative like Chip Kelly.

Slappy967

Starter
I want Dana Holgersen to be our next OC but I like what the Ducks do as well. Just feel he is the guy who can gameplan the best around Austin/Bailey since Schotty has no clue.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
As much as I like to second guess Shottey, and I do - bringing in a brand new flashy OC means that we start over with a brand new offense. Brand new for Greg Robinson, for Tavon Austin, for Brian Quick, and for Sam Bradford (or whoever is under center).

We may be better off with continuity.

The other thing I wonder about is this... How much of the conservative nature of our offense is on Shottey and how much is on Fisher?

If you are the OC and the head coach tells you - priority one is no turnovers and priority two is score points, are you really to blame for being über conservative?

Same line of thought applies to Bradford and his tendency to check down - the blame we toss around for watching the most conservative offense in the NFL may be misplaced.

Slappy967

Starter
Well I watched a fair bit of Schottey when he was OC for the NY Jets and offensively they looked like we look........only with playoff appearances.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I know every one here's opinion of Schottey is probably correct, But I'm going to Wait a couple of games before I decide to jump on the band wagon!

JTurner

As much as I like to second guess Shottey, and I do - bringing in a brand new flashy OC means that we start over with a brand new offense. Brand new for Greg Robinson, for Tavon Austin, for Brian Quick, and for Sam Bradford (or whoever is under center).

The other thing I wonder about is this... How much of the conservative nature of our offense is on Shottey and how much is on Fisher?

If you are the OC and the head coach tells you - priority one is no turnovers and priority two is score points, are you really to blame for being über conservative?

Same line of thought applies to Bradford and his tendency to check down - the blame we toss around for watching the most conservative offense in the NFL may be misplaced.
Seems to have worked for Philly bringing in a whole new offense. Why would it not work for the rams too? No risk equals NO REWARD.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Seems to have worked for Philly bringing in a whole new offense. Why would it not work for the rams too? No risk equals NO REWARD.

Again
Can you please capitalize the name of our team -- it's the Rams with a capital R
When I post on your favorite team I always capitalize 49ers
Regardless of how much I hate your favorite team

JTurner

Again
Can you please capitalize the name of our team -- it's the Rams with a capital R
I am not sure what your point is? I am not a niners fan and have been a rams fan since the 60's. Are you really trying to pick a fight or something? What have I ever said that would lead you to believe I am not a fan? Because of their losing ways that I am frustrated about and point out? Seriously man, not cool.

JTurner

Again
3. Verbal Assaults. This is a friendly forum, an information exchange, and a place to agree to disagree. Personal attacks will NOT be tolerated.
  • Expressing any racisms or derogatory remarks will be assessed and appropriate actions will be taken.
  • Sarcastic baiting (e.g., "Do you even watch football?") is prohibited.
  • Avoid dismissive stereotyping, such as labeling another poster (i.e., hater, apologist, homer, etc).

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay

This is true. But Chip Kelly's offense isn't all that complex - it's just fast. And notice that he has his old QB under center - giving them some familiarity.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
I am not sure what your point is? I am not a niners fan and have been a rams fan since the 60's. Are you really trying to pick a fight or something? What have I ever said that would lead you to believe I am not a fan? Because of their losing ways that I am frustrated about and point out? Seriously man, not cool.

gBGKxFq.gif

StevenG-BR

Rookie

What if the Rams hire an Oregon coach as OC and draft Mariota? The rest of the offense would have to adapt, but our QB would already be mostly up to speed, which would be a huge plus (although, I'm sure the coach's NFL playbook will differ some from the Ducks playbook).

And Bradford having to learn a new offense? I'm not worried about that. Why avoid a positive coaching change for a quarterback who only plays 50% of the games? The Rams need to approach 2015 as if Bradford is already on IR, since he clearly can't be counted on to stay healthy. If he rebounds is career, that's great. Don't count on him being the starting QB in 2015 though...we cannot afford that assumption.

JTurner

This is true. But Chip Kelly's offense isn't all that complex - it's just fast. And notice that he has his old QB under center - giving them some familiarity.
I just know that phillys offense works and ours does not. If the nfl is truly a copycat league like the experts claim then why dont we do the same? Seems logical to do or is Schotty too stubborn to change?

JTurner

What if the Rams hire an Oregon coach as OC and draft Mariota? The rest of the offense would have to adapt, but our QB would already be mostly up to speed, which would be a huge plus (although, I'm sure the coach's NFL playbook will differ some from the Ducks playbook).

And Bradford having to learn a new offense? I'm not worried about that. Why avoid a positive coaching change for a quarterback who only plays 50% of the games? The Rams need to approach 2015 as if Bradford is already on IR, since he clearly can't be counted on to stay healthy. If he rebounds is career, that's great. Don't count on him being the starting QB in 2015 though...we cannot afford that assumption.
Agree, agree, agree.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
I just know that phillys offense works and ours does not. If the nfl is truly a copycat league like the experts claim then why dont we do the same? Seems logical to do or is Schotty too stubborn to change?

I'm not sure Jeff Fisher would go for the up tempo - completely a 180 from what he wants to do. And I'm not sure our personnel is a match either. But yeah, it works better than what we have been doing.

JTurner

You may be right on this and I was reading an article about when Sam came into the league and he was taught to get rid of the ball quickly and that was why all the short passes etc. I was think about that when I was watching the broncos game last week and they timed Manning and how quickly he got rid of the ball. It was like 2 seconds and it was gone. The only difference was Manning had more to show for his quick get rid of the ball than we did.