3 reasons to watch Oregon

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

PhxRam

3. Verbal Assaults. This is a friendly forum, an information exchange, and a place to agree to disagree. Personal attacks will NOT be tolerated.
  • Expressing any racisms or derogatory remarks will be assessed and appropriate actions will be taken.
  • Sarcastic baiting (e.g., "Do you even watch football?") is prohibited.
  • Avoid dismissive stereotyping, such as labeling another poster (i.e., hater, apologist, homer, etc).

4. PISS OFF. GOOD BYE

Orchid

Starter
Name
Obert
I'm not sure Jeff Fisher would go for the up tempo - completely a 180 from what he wants to do. And I'm not sure our personnel is a match either. But yeah, it works better than what we have been doing.

Totally agree. Fish had first opportunity with Mc Nair and then Young you to go with the read/veer option. Imagine either of thase 2 Qbs in that type of QB.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I don't think Mariota will be a good NFL QB. I don't think he will even be the first QB drafted next year. Mariota is a first, sometimes second read QB that runs at the hint of pressure. He moves outside of the pocket too readily. He has already been injured and in the pros will likely get beat up.

Oregons head coach is a relatively new HC isn't he? Is he really ready for the NFL?

Teams will catch up to Chip Kelly's offense too. They always catch up to the new trends.

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
4. pee pee OFF. GOOD BYE
ROTFL THAT JUST TOPPED OFF THIS THREAD!

on the subject of OC... I'd love to geta new OC as creative as the Duck OC, Schotty in my eyes doesn't cut it... to predictive and amatuerish IMO

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
This is true. But Chip Kelly's offense isn't all that complex - it's just fast. And notice that he has his old QB under center - giving them some familiarity.
Which QB
Foles AZ
Sanchez USC
Barkley USC............Did you mean from same conference Pac 12 as where he coached Oregon

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Did Foles go to Az? Oops, I could have sworn he was Oregon. Nevermind then - nothing to see here.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
Did Foles go to Az?
I like the up tempo myself 12 but it is diametrically opposing the philosophy of Fisher.
Yeah Foles was at AZ while Barkley a 5 star recruit was at USC and a guy named Andrew Luck was at Stanford. The Pac 10 was loaded. Foles played in the shadows of the other 2 higher touted recruits but every time he went head to head he more than held his own. I don't claim to be a QB guru but it was obvious Foles had some of that " it" factor along with talent. I had pretty high confidence in his ability to play at the NFL level.

UCLA vs Texas is about to start.
I have to admit to be a homer here and am curious to see UCLA develop, I have not been overly impressed so far. On the other side of town USC has looked better than advertised.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I like the up tempo myself 12 but it is diametrically opposing the philosophy of Fisher.
Yeah Foles was at AZ while Barkley a 5 star recruit was at USC and a guy named Andrew Luck was at Stanford. The Pac 10 was loaded. Foles played in the shadows of the other 2 higher touted recruits but every time he went head to head he more than held his own. I don't claim to be a QB guru but it was obvious Foles had some of that " it" factor along with talent. I had pretty high confidence in his ability to play at the NFL level.

I have to admit to be a homer here and am curious to see UCLA develop, I have not been overly impressed so far. On the other side of town USC has looked better than advertised.

Yeah, agreed on both counts. Hundley just got hurt too, damn.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

No such thing. The issue Foles had was pocket presence. Chip Kelly seems to have coached him out of it. Foles didn't feel and react to pressure well in college and he isn't a very mobile QB which made it worse in college. But always had the arm and size.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
Like I said jrry I am no guru as they are often wrong anyway. Foles has succeeded everywhere he has been , I don't see a problem there, sometimes it is just an accumulation of intangeables and a competitive spirit that brings success. Not all believe well I do.

209RamsFan

Fisher has a history of being very concervative...look what he did with the Titans....run the ball with EG and Defense led by the Freak.