OFFICIAL 2024 NFL Trades, cuts, free agency, and more

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Jesus. Hunter will probably want $50M per year if he's the only top edge on the market.

Dotson will probably be looking for $20M now. Or more if he was already at twenty.

Philosophically I'd rather ink a guy who is at or near the top of his group class than overpay for some mediocre bastard. The old "why not pay a little more for the best" type argument. Then fill the rest with young kids who are hungry and have the right team mentality. But this is going to be a very interesting FA window, particularly in the early going.

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame

Don't know about anything about Mason Cole but the Steelers let Doctson go too and we gained hugely from that. Anyone see this guy play or know anything about him? Is he worth a look, to see if maybe the Steelers got another one wrong with their OL evaluations? We have an opening at center with Allen gone...

PARAM

Hall of Fame
Huh? Was he a 2023 starter for them? No - he was a backup. Many had him 3rd string. If you go back to steeler boards and videos at the time of the trade, most were happy to ship him off. They did not like him the year before. They were thrilled to even get some draft comp back for him.

Now fast forward to his performance with the rams and he was great. But it’s revisionist history to say that back at the time of the trade. Again, read or watch steeler info at TC and the trade. They wanted this backup gone. Twist it any way you want. But at 2023 season (not 2022) - he was a backup at best.
Twist it? I didn't say he was a starter in 2023. In fact I said, "they acquired Seumalo to replace him". YOU said "he couldn't even crack the starting lineup" despite his starting 4, 9 then 17 games for Pittsburgh. Who's twisting things? Where I come from if you start 4, 9, then 17 games, you've "cracked the starting lineup".

Of course "they", "some" said and obviously you "heard" he wasn't a quality starter. But he "cracks the Rams starting lineup" and the OL looked very good.

Truth is, I don't know how good or bad he might be going forward. But I'm not gonna disparage the guy after his 12 games here.

Ram Ts

Hall of Fame
Twist it? I didn't say he was a starter in 2023. In fact I said, "they acquired Seumalo to replace him". YOU said "he couldn't even crack the starting lineup" despite his starting 4, 9 then 17 games for Pittsburgh. Who's twisting things? Where I come from if you start 4, 9, then 17 games, you've "cracked the starting lineup".

Of course "they", "some" said and obviously you "heard" he wasn't a quality starter. But he "cracks the Rams starting lineup" and the OL looked very good.

Truth is, I don't know how good or bad he might be going forward. But I'm not gonna disparage the guy after his 12 games here.
lol ok. If it makes you feel better then go with that. I said what I said - not my fault some want to get into a silly argument instead of actually reading what the person posts. I’m not interested in wasting further space in something dumb.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I would bring him in, sit him down, and see where his head is at, then work him out. Corners can fall off quick and he is 30. But his demise was very fast, and it makes me wonder if something was up with him vs that staff and whether we could perhaps squeeze a year or two out of him.
I keep reading fans say good riddance to Howard. He was good but it's been a major fall from that per Phins fans. Scares me a lot when fans shit all over a guy and he is suddenly cut and sent to free agency.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
Considering how many Higgins style receivers are in this draft, I’m surprised by this.

I guess Boyd will be free to sign elsewhere if he chooses
I'm not surprised at all. They can't let a young talented WR walk for just a comp pick which would be max end of 3rd round. There are certainly teams that would be willing to offer their 1st+ for him right now.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I'm not surprised at all. They can't let a young talented WR walk for just a comp pick which would be max end of 3rd round. There are certainly teams that would be willing to offer their 1st+ for him right now.
I guess the huge cap increase has helped with the decision.

I could imagine that many teams will now want to franchise tag their top free agents.