2024 NFL free agency: Ranking available salary cap space for all 32 teams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Also, Russini reporting that the one area where teams will probably take advantage of the extra cap space is...\

Dun DUN DUUUUUUUN...

... signing a vet backup QB if they don't have one.
Probably will also mean more teams will likley carry 3 QBs. The vet back up and a drafted rookie.

WestCoastRam

Legend
Probably will also mean more teams will likley carry 3 QBs. The vet back up and a drafted rookie.
I don't see anyone taking on Zach Wilson as a backup but can see him as a developmental number 3. I don't think you can trust him to win you a game but I think a team who's willing to carry 3 might stash him. I don't like the kid at all. He sucks. But sure sounds like there are coaches who liked him coming out who might at least want to get their hands on him for a couple bucks and see what happens after a year.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim

Given the cost, I'm not expecting Rozeboom, Tyler Johnson or Jonah Williams to get tender offers.

Too expensive. They would become free agents but could still be re-signed. Happened with Travin Howard. Would like to see Jonah Williams back for DL-depth.

Big questions seem to be with the other two Restricted Free Agents ... Hoecht and Alaric Jackson.
2nd round tender on Hoecht seems high but as an undrafted free agent, he could be lost with merely an original round tender. With Jackson, also an undrafted free agent, it's either a 2nd or 3rd round tender.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
I don't see anyone taking on Zach Wilson as a backup but can see him as a developmental number 3. I don't think you can trust him to win you a game but I think a team who's willing to carry 3 might stash him. I don't like the kid at all. He sucks. But sure sounds like there are coaches who liked him coming out who might at least want to get their hands on him for a couple bucks and see what happens after a year.
I didn't mention Wilson...I could hopefully see Wentz here and a rookie.

I wonder if the Rams think Milton is workable and they take a flyer on him earlier than some would expect? With 153 & 154, they may use one of those picks on a reach...a guy they like, but a little earlier than most would draft the player. You use one of those because you don't want to lose the guy.

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
I would like to see the Rams keep both Hoecht and Jackson but would like to see Hoecht replaced as a starter and be more of a backup and see If Jackson could play inside while upgrading at OT. I don't see Dodson coming back unless he is willing to play for less than what his market value will be. I would like to see the Rams have a plan at backup QB and if Milton is there in the third round, he could very well satisfy this need. I believe with the coaching he would receive under the Rams staff he could very well develop and blossom.

WestCoastRam

Legend
I didn't mention Wilson...I could hopefully see Wentz here and a rookie.

I wonder if the Rams think Milton is workable and they take a flyer on him earlier than some would expect? With 153 & 154, they may use one of those picks on a reach...a guy they like, but a little earlier than most would draft the player. You use one of those because you don't want to lose the guy.
Yeah more of a tangental point that I looped him in on as it relates to keeping 3 QBs. Wilson, alone, probably has a better arm than any of the guys not named Milton later in the draft. I just wouldn't want him as a number 2 as I don't think you can trust him to win a game.