2024 NFL free agency: Ranking available salary cap space for all 32 teams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I wouldn’t be mad.
But I’m also trying to look at guys who are younger, based on history & what Jourdan has mentioned.
Yeah I think I'm trying to account for pick 19. Like sign a one year vet and hope a Latu falls to 19. Or something. Options are slim it seems.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Seems like our cap space keeps dwindling. Today listed as 37M on OTC. I can't detect what changed. Went from 48 to 43 then 39, now 37. All on the last 7 days. I realize the first drop was due to Robinson...not sure what else changed.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Seems like our cap space keeps dwindling. Today listed as 37M on OTC. I can't detect what changed. Went from 48 to 43 then 39, now 37. All on the last 7 days. I realize the first drop was due to Robinson...not sure what else changed.
Cap right now is fluid and sites like sportrac and OTC don’t have all of the info, but that being said I don’t see where either site is reflecting the carry over from ‘23, which I believe was over 7 mill.

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It’s amazing to me how certain franchises keep their fan base engaged by almost perennially….
-Owning a top 5 pick
-Having a ton of cap room
-Signing high profile FA’s
-Churning thru QB’s

It feels like a strategy to never win shit, yet get talked about constantly on ESPN as a team with loads of potential. Fans eat it up too.
J-E-T-S... JETS, JETS, JETS!

dang

Legend
I trust Spotrac much more than OTC. I can’t see the breakdown on OTC to validate net cap space.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I trust Spotrac much more than OTC. I can’t see the breakdown on OTC to validate net cap space.
I was incorrect, Sportrac does reflect the carry over from ‘23 and estimates the cap space around 43 mill

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Cap right now is fluid and sites like Sportrac and OTC don’t have all of the info ...

Absolutely ...
Good to have a sense of the Rams' current Salary Cap space but probably not necessary to be overly focused.

As of this morning, OTC has up-dated to reflect Shelton's opt-out, and has the Rams with $40.9M in cap space. Spotrac has not yet up-dated and has the Rams at $43.6M.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Absolutely ...
Good to have a sense of the Rams' current Salary Cap space but probably not necessary to be overly focused.

As of this morning, OTC has up-dated to reflect Shelton's opt-out, and has the Rams with $40.9M in cap space. Spotrac has not yet up-dated and has the Rams at $43.6M.
Isn’t there a 30 million dollar raise to the cap? Or doesn’t that kind VJ in this year?

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Isn’t there a 30 million dollar raise to the cap? Or doesn’t that kind VJ in this year?
Ah man, there have been so many posts about it, I can't re-hash it here.

Cap took a big jump; and, most importantly, the two sites referenced reflect that cap increase.

Spotrac Rams or Over the Cap Rams. Type either in your browser and the Rams page comes up.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I know we won't put more cap value in that WR group but...

"Sup Mike."
~ Rams

WestCoastRam

Legend
Giants need receivers bad.
oh totally, but I think they can grab one of the many good receivers in this class and be fine... of course, even better with Evans. Evans just has so much to offer a rookie as a safety blanket in a way that a rookie receiver couldn't exactly.

Think he'll have a robust market.

Sure sounds like not a big market for Fields though from reporters at combine.

Also, tons of chatter about how much available vet QB options at backup in FA.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If I'm a team drafting one of these rookie QBs or Carolina, I'm throwing the kitchen sink at Evans.
Reason I posted that tweet is because he wants a stud QB throwing to him. Not a lot of those left...

WestCoastRam

Legend
Reason I posted that tweet is because he wants a stud QB throwing to him. Not a lot of those left...
Totally, but lots and lots of money can have a way of changing things.

Oddly, so much this offseason seems to rely on the Kirk Cousins sweepstakes. Truly amazing what this guy has been able to accomplish in FA and most likely will this year.

WestCoastRam

Legend
Also, Russini reporting that the one area where teams will probably take advantage of the extra cap space is...\

Dun DUN DUUUUUUUN...

... signing a vet backup QB if they don't have one.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Totally, but lots and lots of money can have a way of changing things.
There is going to be a limit I think in his case. He is a Hall of Fame wideout. Dude wants money but he's gonna get that regardless so he's prioritizing legacy (top QB plus SB being the goal spells that out).

So any team with a rookie QB is gonna have a hell of a time convincing him even with top money offers. Now I don't know what the map looks like if you were to figure out how many teams have a top QB plus cap space to go get him. I wonder about that one. I'd like to see him with a few QBs. He'd kill it with Stafford of course. But also Stroud I think would be incredible as a pairing. The QBs who have the balls to look deep and arms to get it there in particular would magnify the shit out of his ability.