2023 Rams - What will they look like (Will we recognize them?)?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

SeminoleRam

Pro Bowler
Name
PaceRam
I can only guess after this very disappointing season the Rams will be making a lot of changes during the offseason?! In addition to losing players to Free Agency and trades I am guessing the Rams will be letting go of some of the players and probably a few coaches as well. Going to be very interesting what some of the Rams veteran players (Stafford, Donald, etc) decide to do.

We may not recognize the 2023 Rams!

ljramsfan

Pro Bowler
Name
LJ
I really can see a scenario where AD retires after this year. Stafford, depending on the offseason recovery, we will know what his decision is.

I think Van is traded and Higbee (while I like him) he is no Travis Kelce or Andrews on the Ravens and needs to be traded. Tutu, Skronek (sp), Kupp, and Powell will still be here. Allen Robinson will probably be here because of his contract.

Find a very good LT via FA and then draft another tackle in the 3rd round.

The 2nd round should be a QB. Stafford may play for one more season or two, but you have to get your guy to groom.

Wolford and Perkins need to go. Go get a good backup. Andy Dalton knows the offseason from his time in Cincy.

Find a bruising back for Williams and Akers.

I am sure there is a lot more, but that is what I have.

P.S.: This offseason, they need to get Vic Fanigo as a Defensive Coordinator/Consultant and get rid of Morris

Tano

Legend
I really can see a scenario where AD retires after this year. Stafford, depending on the offseason recovery, we will know what his decision is.

I think Van is traded and Higbee (while I like him) he is no Travis Kelce or Andrews on the Ravens and needs to be traded. Tutu, Skronek (sp), Kupp, and Powell will still be here. Allen Robinson will probably be here because of his contract.

The 2nd round should be a QB. Stafford may play for one more season or two, but you have to get your guy to groom.

Wolford and Perkins need to go. Go get a good backup. Andy Dalton knows the offseason from his time in Cincy.

Find a bruising back for Williams and Akers.

I am sure there is a lot more, but that is what I have.

P.S.: This offseason, they need to get Vic Fanigo as a Defensive Coordinator/Consultant and get rid of Morris
From previous posts, highly doubtful a very good LT becomes available in FA.

We are pretty much stuck with Jackson/Noteboom

I did like how Jackson played but I think he needs to gain some weight back that he lost during the offseason.

I like Rams

Hall of Fame
There have been quite a few changes over the time McVay has been Coach. Just look at the roster now compared to when we went to the super bowl in 2018. So this isn't really that unfamiliar of territory.

I do think there is a good possibility we see some gut wrenching moves ie: Donald and/or Stafford due to retirement. Stafford I can see being done with football all together. But with Donald, if his main concern is being closer to family, and he does want to retire after this season, I dont think it hurts running by the thought of him being able to still play and be near family by being traded to Pitt (if they are for it). That would help us immensely with gathering some picks.

All together I don't think it's doom and gloom for us. We have found some keepers on our depth who I feel can add to next year. And if we can keep a healthy roster, we are back to being a playoff team again.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame

I did like how Jackson played but I think he needs to gain some weight back that he lost during the offseason.
I wouldn't say we are stuck with those 2 as it's also very plausible for them to look at the trade market for a LT as well. Whether that leads to something is another story. I know if re-sign Ty Nshke (probably misspelling his name lol). Gonna be interesting to see what the Rams prioritize in the off-season.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
The salary cap is gonna make things tough. Good offensive linemen are too valuable for teams to let walk. We're gonna have to find a couple decent vets but finding guys like Whitworth and Saffold isn't likely.

I do like Jackson more than Noteboom for left tackle. We know Noteboom is injury prone. Not sure about Jackson. His injury gives me pause. Whatever they do they need to do better with the depth on the line. Injuries will happen. They need to be better prepared.

A'Shawn Robinson, Greg Gaines, Matt Gay, Brandon Powell will all be free agents. There are more but these are the guys I think they need to focus on bringing back. But I don't know about the money thing. Not sure they can bring them all back.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
There have been quite a few changes over the time McVay has been Coach. Just look at the roster now compared to when we went to the super bowl in 2018. So this isn't really that unfamiliar of territory.

I do think there is a good possibility we see some gut wrenching moves ie: Donald and/or Stafford due to retirement. Stafford I can see being done with football all together. But with Donald, if his main concern is being closer to family, and he does want to retire after this season, I dont think it hurts running by the thought of him being able to still play and be near family by being traded to Pitt (if they are for it). That would help us immensely with gathering some picks.

All together I don't think it's doom and gloom for us. We have found some keepers on our depth who I feel can add to next year. And if we can keep a healthy roster, we are back to being a playoff team again.
No to trading Donald

Tano

Legend
I wouldn't say we are stuck with those 2 as it's also very plausible for them to look at the trade market for a LT as well. Whether that leads to something is another story. I know if re-sign Ty Nshke (probably misspelling his name lol). Gonna be interesting to see what the Rams prioritize in the off-season.
That's possible but unlikely.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
That's possible but unlikely.
I honestly hope they just look at every reasonable route to improve that position. However I think, which could also be way off, that they should focus on beefing up the middle of the line big time, but that's just me. Elgton Jenkins would be high on my list.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
There's one LT in free agency that would qualify for this and will likely get either a franchise tag or like $22+ million. It's conceivable if we recoup bonus money in your scenario from AD and Stafford retiring plus even trade Ramsey.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
You obviously didn't read what I said.
I read it but I wouldn't even consider it at all. Rather he finish out his contract with us. That's why I said no to trading Donald. If Donald retires or forces his way out, that's another thing although I doubt he'd force his way out.

I like Rams

Hall of Fame
I read it but I wouldn't even consider it at all. Rather he finish out his contract with us. That's why I said no to trading Donald. If Donald retires or forces his way out, that's another thing although I doubt he'd force his way out.
You misread what I said. I said IF Donald WANTS to retire, then run trading him to Pitt by him.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
You misread what I said. I said IF Donald WANTS to retire, then run trading him to Pitt by him.
I still wouldn't, if he retires, he retires. If you read what I said, I want him to retire a Ram (ok my bad thought that's what I put, but that's what I was thinking......fucking brain hahaha.) Fuck Pittsburgh, if he's retired he can go home at that time. Side story, I have a die hard Steelers fan I work with that wants Donald to play for them so bad so I don't want him to get that satisfaction ok lol

I like Rams

Hall of Fame
I still wouldn't, if he retires, he retires. If you read what I said, I want him to retire a Ram (ok my bad thought that's what I put, but that's what I was thinking......fucking brain hahaha.) Fuck Pittsburgh, if he's retired he can go home at that time. Side story, I have a die hard Steelers fan I work with that wants Donald to play for them so bad so I don't want him to get that satisfaction ok lol
Trust me, I'm selfish too and want him to retire a Ram. But this season has been a disaster and would be an even larger one if Staff retires. We would desperately need the picks if that were to happen. So as much as I don't want Donald going to Pitt, it would be what's best for the team if we were going to lose him regardless.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Trust me, I'm selfish too and want him to retire a Ram. But this season has been a disaster and would be an even larger one if Staff retires. We would desperately need the picks if that were to happen. So as much as I don't want Donald going to Pitt, it would be what's best for the team if we were going to lose him regardless.
Honestly I think I'm going to stay that selfish part for me because arguably the greatest D lineman ever will have only played in horns. We'll see what they do though since you never know with this front office.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon

Afternoon Tano,

Is it your opinion that the Rams will have positive full health availability of both LT's Noteboom & Jackson for the 2023 season? If Noteboom is healthy (IMO that highly questionable) what do the Rams have with him?

Noteboom is by a large amount the most injured starting LT in the NFL the last 4 seasons. It was reported just before he tore his Achilles in October that Noteboom was leading the NFL in QB pressures. Due to the salary cap hit Noteboom will certainly remain on the payroll even if he is PUP'd in 2023 or lurking on the bench as a reserve.

IMO Jackson's availability in 2023 is also questionable. How do you see it?

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Afternoon Tano,

Is it your opinion that the Rams will have positive full health availability of both LT's Noteboom & Jackson for the 2023 season? If Noteboom is healthy (IMO that highly questionable) what do the Rams have with him?

Noteboom is by a large amount the most injured starting LT in the NFL the last 4 seasons. It was reported just before he tore his Achilles in October that Noteboom was leading the NFL in QB pressures. Due to the salary cap hit Noteboom will certainly remain on the payroll even if he is PUP'd in 2023 or lurking on the bench as a reserve.

We don't have enough information to know anything about Jackson.

The blood clot thing isn't a simple yes/no question, from what I've read. We'll see.. but I think the timeline of diagnosis will give them a good idea by the Draft whether they need to focus on getting a potentially starting LT. If he's fine.. he's the starter next year, imo.

Tano

Legend
Afternoon Tano,

I will be perfectly frank with you

No clue on Jackson/Noteboom's availability

We may be down to 3rd 4th and 5th string LTs again

I just can't see us getting out of this predicament until the 2024 draft when we will have a first round draft pick again.

If Stafford and Donald do not come back next year, I see a rebuilding year next year as well.