OFFICIAL 2023 Draft

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Sorry not sorry. All the charm the draft had got sucked all out over the past couple years.

Such an overrated process.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
View attachment 58733

Mocked that without any trades and trying to match value to pick. I would take this in a heartbeat and it's not necessarily the best possible draft result.
One reason I am not fan of these Draft Simulators is that they are often poorly up-dated.

For example, Jarrett Kingston is not even in the 2023 Draft Class. He's playing at USC in 2023.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
My favorite part of draft season, and I'm as guilty as the rest of us are, is thinking we know what McVay and Snead think the roster needs. We see it every year and we're likely to continue seeing it that they have a different take on our roster than us.
I agree 100%. Based on the past 4 or 5 drafts, I think it's proven to be a huge divide there. So why would anyone believe the consensus of Ramsnation in any way is going to reflect what Snead and McVay do?

LA_Rams_#29

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
LA Rams 29
I really like Charbonnet. But with limited resources inside the top 100 is that a need and where will he be available...?
Isnt Cam Akers a.free agent? If he is RB is a need

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Isnt Cam Akers a.free agent? If he is RB is a need

No, ... Akers won't become a free agent until after the 2023 season is completed.

LA_Rams_#29

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
LA Rams 29
No, ... Akers won't become a free agent until after the 2023 season is completed.

So then a later.round.Rb will be the way to.go

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
So then a later.round.Rb will be the way to.go

I tend to agree with this. We did lose Darrell Henderson mid-season and Malcolm Brown is now a free agent, our depth going forward isn't much, so I've got us taking two RB's, one in the 5'th and one in the 6'th of this next season's upcoming draft. jmo.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Draft the center from Minnesota. Our o-line needs upgrading and our offense couldn't run for shit most of the year. He's the highest rated run blocker. I'm sure most of us agree that our offense was our weakness last year. Let's help keep Stafford upright because if we can't, our season will be shot. This guy will start from day 1 if we choose him as Allen can't stay healthy.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

Top NFL Draft expert on Bryce Young: ‘If I’m a GM, I’m scared to death of drafting him’​

Adding to that worrisome narrative about the 2021 Heisman Trophy winner was elite NFL Draft expert Todd McShay. The ESPN analyst has spoken with Young in person and lauds his impressive abilities as a quarterback. Even comparing him to a smaller version of 2022 NFL MVP Patrick Mahomes.
However, even he could not deny that Bryce Young’s size should be a major concern for any general manager considering drafting him.

“He’s special. He’s different. He has the poise, the presence in the pocket, the playmaking, and everything else you want. I absolutely love Bryce Young. I would bet on him. … [But] if I’m a GM, I’m scared to death of drafting him.”

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

Rams QB of Future? Hendon Hooker 'Can Do Everything' for Sean McVay, Says Draft Expert​

The Los Angeles Rams have multiple options at quarterback heading into next season.

Despite retirement speculation, Matthew Stafford is set to start for the team in Week 1. Baker Mayfield provided a spark for LA after a sudden arrival last season and could be Stafford's backup if he doesn't end up elsewhere. But should he remain a Ram, coach Sean McVay would have a luxury with Mayfield as an option if the aging Stafford gets hurt again.

This makes drafting a quarterback far from a priority in April's draft ... but what if there was a fit that LA couldn't pass up on?

Enter Tennessee Volunteers quarterback Hendon Hooker, who NFL Network draft expert Daniel Jeremiah believes could "do everything" for McVay.

“I really like Hendon Hooker,” Jeremiah said on a conference call. “I think he is a good player. I think he can do everything that Sean McVay wants to do. I think you start with accuracy and decision-making. He can move around, so you are going to be able to use all that stretch boot. He is going to be very comfortable doing that. He can think the game really well.”

Hooker, who was a Heisman-level talent this past season for Tennessee, tore his ACL in November and seems unlikely to be ready for preseason snaps. Due to this, he could almost certainly be available for LA's first pick of the draft at No. 36 overall.

Burning a second-round pick on him would mean the Rams would have to be blown away by him during the draft process as he prepares for the season that he's unlikely to be 100 percent for.

A poised passer who keeps the ball safe and has shown some underrated dual-threat ability, Hooker already played like a seasoned vet during his five years at the collegiate level.

Hooker, even in a season where the Heisman hype continued to mount on him, stayed cool and threw just two picks while tossing 27 touchdowns and a career-best 3,135 yards. The season before, he had just three interceptions compared to 31 passing scores.

This wasn’t a one-time thing either. Even before Hooker got to Knoxville, he was keeping the ball safe with the Virginia Tech Hokies, as he tossed just seven combined interceptions across three seasons with the program.

Add that to the fact that he had 25 rushing touchdowns in his collegiate career, and the Rams wouldn't be taking too much of a second-round risk on a quarterback that would've been talked about as a first-round talent if not for his injury.

Should the Rams snag Hooker with their first pick, they'd be showing the willingness to stay patient and invest their future at quarterback in him. And if he really can do "everything" for McVay - like eventually win LA another Super Bowl - than why would the Rams pass him up?

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member

Top NFL Draft expert on Bryce Young: ‘If I’m a GM, I’m scared to death of drafting him’​

What is funny is that it's news that a sub 6 foot QB isn't gonna be the top pick. When he was surrounded by elite talent on that offense. This one wasn't hard to see coming. Just wait until they measure his ass at the combine. His slide was inevitable we just have a bunch of rubes in the media who can't see shit.

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
If we're looking for an ILB I REAAALLLLLY want my guy Jack Campbell in R2. Dude is a wrecking ball and singlehandedly beat Minnesota for us this past season. Large, lanky, and can make plays in coverage. Just a mean MOTHERFUCKER. Something that we need.

GettyImages-1237228107-2048x1365.jpg

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
If we're looking for an ILB I REAAALLLLLY want my guy Jack Campbell in R2. Dude is a wrecking ball and singlehandedly beat Minnesota for us this past season. Large, lanky, and can make plays in coverage. Just a mean MOTHERFUCKER. Something that we need.

View attachment 58973
I really like his game and think he'll be an excellent pro. But prepare yourself for disappointment because no chance we take an ILB in round 2. Rams seem all-in with Jones and will probably be looking for impact at other spots.

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
I really like his game and think he'll be an excellent pro. But prepare yourself for disappointment because no chance we take an ILB in round 2. Rams seem all-in with Jones and will probably be looking for impact at other spots.
Oh I'm prepared. Next guys on my list mid round are Riley Moss, and Sam LaPorta. Because, Iowa.