2020 Injury Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

London_Ram

Rookie
Out for about 6 weeks and on the NFI list. Could have been a lot worse.

Screenshot_20200909-212550_Samsung Internet.jpg

Psycho_X

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Out for about 6 weeks and on the NFI list. Could have been a lot worse.

View attachment 38838

A couple questions from this,im guessing that means he had surgery since we drafted him? If worried about infection I’d think it’d have to have happened this summer. Infection chances after surgery are usually low after a few weeks and almost nonexistent months later. So wonder what that was for.

And wonder what is wrong now. Need some cleanup surgery on the knee by chance? Man we just got rid of Gurleys mystery knee and picked up a new one.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Nah. It was probably a symptom or set of symptoms that could have indicated some lingering infection which can happen.

They don't all go ham the moment they're left unattended, especially among the freakish athletes that comprise pro sports teams... except Baseball... no sport that has had solid players like John Kruk and Greg Luzinski can claim to be fully comprised of athletes whereas in football, soccer and hockey, even kickers and goalies have to display sufficient athleticism (no kicking Sheldon Coopers, for example).

Anyway, I digress.

I've had these issues at the Dr before where the symptoms COULD be a number of things, but they always check the most serious thing first...which is both prudent and can be unnerving.

Worst case scenario was that he had a lingering infection which might have required further surgery or an invasive round of antibiotic intervention (which woulda screwed his digestion all to hell, liking causing weight loss as a result of the antibiotics killing the good gut fauna) or both.

So yeah, w/e they're doing, the fact that it's not a lingering infection is 100% great news.

I expect him to be back, get some rookie reps and then be able to step up next season... which was always gonna be the case with Floyd and Ebukam in front of him and since it's unlikely either will be here next year, I'm sure he'll get his turn as well as Jachai Polite and the rest of the OLB depth chart.

Ram Ts

Hall of Fame
I wonder if posters on Saints-on-demand are complaining about wasting a 1st round pick on this Ruiz guy who can’t even stay healthy and get on the field? :unsure::p

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
If Brandon Graham and Vinny Curry are both out, that's a HUGE hit to their DL.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon

Rams going with 10 OL'ers on the master roster initially & 2 on the Practice Squad was a very good decision.

Most all teams OL always seems to be decimated by midseason through-out the NFL. I have been an advocate of increasing the amount of OL'ers maintained ready to play by the Rams.

I really like what the Rams have done this season with the OL & its numbers. My only desire is for the Ram to invest future salary cap $$$ in good solid veteran OL'ers in the near future.

Last edited: