2020 Atlanta Falcons Defense

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
That's a lot of math and shit bro. :zany:

All I know is talent trumps all. And this D has talent.
100% Look at the Seahawks when they were on top of their game. It was all talent, a very simplistic Cover 3 Defense and they were called the Legion of Boom. I don't care what kind of Defense the Rams run as long as we are top 5. With Players Like Donald, Robinson, Floyd, Williams, Ramsey and Fuller. There are at LEAST 6 pro-bowlers on this D. Maybe more if a couple more players step up. No reason we shouldn't be a top tier Defense in 2021.

CoachAllred

Hall of Fame
Yes and I've always been in his corner. The guy's a great head coach. Just having, or trying to have, a conversation here that the hire schematically is not too good.
I know you have always been in his corner, and I hope my response in no way implied that you weren't.
You just seemed pretty worried about the marriage.

IMHO Don't think his past plays into this at all. other than a learning curve.
Morris Wants to learn, run the Fangio system or he would not have come here.
His Tampa2 days are over, because he is smart enough to see where the future
of NFL defense is heading. Again JMHO.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
Would you say McVay's record in hiring DC's is pretty good?
In my opinion he has been 2-0 in his hires.
Wade was the perfect hire for a young McVay and then he goes out and hires Staley
a guy that was considered an unknown at the time, but McVay knew he wanted to run
the Fangio Defense and went out and found a up and coming coach and That turned out better than anyone imagined.

Mcvay is very aware of the most affective defenses in the league and I am almost certain that he understands
the Fangio defense inside and out by now. That's part of his genius..
Morris will be running the defense in the exact way that McVay wants him to.
Morris is also a very educated coach having coached both sides of the ball.
Morris and McVay will come together and run a very smart defense.

I have 0 worries. Rams D will be very formidable and will combine with an offense that will allow our D
to play under less pressure than before.
RELAX BRO WERE GOOD
Hell of a write up by the way!! :beer2:
It is still easy to worry about. I think yeah, McVay won't let him fuck it up. Then I think, I really don't know. Then I worry.

CoachAllred

Hall of Fame
The good news; Morris has a lot of football experience.

But, yeah… it’s not only a new scheme… he needs to “call the game”. Which means having a feel for it.

Morris has some catch-up work to do.
Absolutely. But everything that I have heard about him from the player interviews is that he is a very high energy, very intense coach.
Sound familiar? :giggle:

IMO. A personality match is far more important in the long run than a "schematic history" match.
Morris and McVay have a long history together, So McVay would have a very good idea about

The ability and desire of Morris to not only learn the Fangio D , but also his ability to run it.
If I'm Morris, I'm thinking that learning to run this defense is a huge career, momentum boost.

Learning curve? Yep, but I feel it's just gonna get better as the season goes.

I have no doubt McVay knows this defense inside and out.
How many offensive HC's' would be capable of this? Most rely on what ever system a new DC hire brings with him.

Maybe I'm a Homer, I don't give a flip. I'm drinking whatever kool-aid our HC is pouring.