2017 full 7 rd ROD Mock Draft: Completed

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I don't think it will be too much longer until someone snatches him up!!

Gandalf

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It's not even about not liking trades. I've been talking to other GMs, and though I'm the only one piping up, many others aren't happy with all of this. Some of us participate for a realistic mock draft. Not a single trade made, aside from picks for picks, is even remotely close to realistic, nor even fair. Perhaps we should do a playful mock and a serious mock next year. Because those of us that wait all year for this, are massively disappointed with how unrealistic this mock has become.
The trade pretty much sucks, but really the only pick changing hands is #196. The rest of the trade is outside of the draft and doesn't really matter in our game. Pretty much a waste of time as far as we are concerned.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
A waste of time? We are doing a mock draft on a football message board.

In future years I think we keep letting GMs play GM. So someone trades their entire roster for a pick - whats the harm? Does it make it less realistic? Maybe but we have seen real GMs make moves that could never have been predicted - some of these moves work out better than others.

As long as people are acting in good faith, let them play.

Having said all that - some of these trades are kinda rediculous.

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny

In future years I think we keep letting GMs play GM. So someone trades their entire roster for a pick - whats the harm? Does it make it less realistic? Maybe but we have seen real GMs make moves that could never have been predicted - some of these moves work out better than others.

Preach!

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
On a more serious note, I'd like to sincerely thank @Alan (The Commissioner) for his hard work on putting together and maintaining these draft threads for all our enjoyment over the last few years. A lot of hours are put in to keep this draft board flowing and up to date, and he does it with humor and good will. I also want to thank @TheDYVKX for offering to take over this process next season (hope you know what you're getting yourself into). I'm sure this transition will be handled as professionally as the one we witnessed at the Presidential level. :ROFLMAO: Er, ... anyway, as always, it will be a privilege to be a part of next years draft with either of you two leading the way. Thanks guys !

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I'll make my pick soon. Was ready all last night and this morning but nothing moved here.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
I'll make my pick soon. Was ready all last night and this morning but nothing moved here.

Thank God, I've been sitting in the on-deck circle for over 8 hours while the crowd has been tossing beer bottles at me ... empty ones. I'm sooooo thirsty, someone please have mercy.

Gandalf

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

I thought we are doing a mock draft. Trading a player for a player doesn't play into a mock draft. I have read 100s of mock drafts and nobody is including player for players trades. If you want to trade players for players, hire new coaches, and raise the price of popcorn that's up to you I guess.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
With the 52'nd overall pick, Washington takes CB Chidobe Awuzie, Co.

A little earlier than I might have preferred, but didn't think he'd make it to my 3'rd round pick. jmo.

@Gandalf - You are up

@shaunpinney - You are on-deck

Last edited:

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
I thought we are doing a mock draft. Trading a player for a player doesn't play into a mock draft. I have read 100s of mock drafts and nobody is including player for players trades. If you want to trade players for players, hire new coaches, and raise the price of popcorn that's up to you I guess.

Popcorn prices are on the way down in KC.

Mock drafts are meant to reflect reality - and while some of the trades we are seeing have no basis in reality - the ability to trade players is a real thing. Of course, there are cap considerations that we really can't make a part of this thing and those considerations have more to do with player swaps than anything - but still ... popcorn prices are falling.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
I still see some guys I have rated as first round talents availabld. Still talent to be had!

SierraRam

Recreational User
With the 52'nd overall pick, Washington takes CB Chidobe Awuzie, Co.

Oh man! I was hoping he'd sneak through. He's going to be very good and can play anywhere on the backend. Plus, he went to my old high school in San Jose CA... about 30 years after me

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Man, my guy is still there. I just know one of the next three picks will pull the rug out from under me!

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Oh man! I was hoping he'd sneak through. He's going to be very good and can play anywhere on the backend. Plus, he went to my old high school in San Jose CA... about 30 years after me
I was originally hoping to land him with my first pick in the 3'rd round, just wasn't sure he'd get there, so I jumped at the earlier opportunity since I had to give up one of my starting CB's following a big trade. Now it will be Josh Norman on one side and Chidobe on the other.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
All these recent picks have been very solid players. Nice work guys.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
with the 54th pick of the ROD Draft the New Orleans Saints select
110114ksu_osu_br25%20(2).JPG

Jordan Willis, edge defender, Kansas State
A deep class of edge rushers adds another strong name to the list as Willis has had a dominant season for Kansas State. He’s beat up on opposing right tackles, rushing off the left side on 96.8 percent of his rushes, but the production is difficult to ignore. Willis uses strong hands and a variety of moves to rank fifth overall as a pass-rusher at 89.5 while posting the top grade against the run at an identical 89.5. Willis didn’t come completely out of nowhere as he had a strong 2015 season, but he’s taken his game to a new level and even in a deep class, Willis will garner more notice.

usatsi_9915526.jpg

OVERVIEW
Long-time Kansas State head coach Bill Snyder called Willis "the epitome" of Kansas State football. That's high praise from a Hall of Fame coach who has led the program all but three years since 1989. Willis earned that praise with his play on the field and attitude off of it. He was the Big 12 Defensive Player of the Year in 2016 and also garnered third-team Associated Press All-American honors, as he made 52 tackles and led his team with 17.5 tackles for loss and topped the conference with 11.5 sacks. Big 12 coaches and media inexplicably left Willis off their all-conference teams in 2015, even though he started every game and made 15.5 tackles for loss and 9.5 sacks, while forcing four fumbles (tied for ninth nationally). Willis started each game for the Wildcats as a sophomore, as well (25 stops, 6.5 for loss, four sacks). The Kansas City Star All-Metro pick as a high school senior played in nine games (his one tackle was a sack) his first year in Manhattan.

STRENGHTS
Good eyes vs. zone read; sees mesh point clearly. Quick responder once he diagnoses the action. Excellent change of direction ability to stay in the hunt. Finishes tackles, rarely allowing runners to escape grasp. Pursuit will not stop until the whistle blows. Proficient with hands. Hands are strong and control the action. Well-schooled with excellent stack-and-shed ability. Good strength in base and plays with adequate contact balance. Stays clean setting edge while spying into backfield. Uses blockers' forward lean against them, sends them tumbling forward. Arm over is a pet move that gives him early wins. Track-stance pass rusher who comes out of the blocks with decent burst to the edge. Hard worker. Productive in sacks and forced fumbles over final two seasons at KSU.

WEAKNESSES
Straight-liner mover. Very deliberate as a pass rusher. Shows rush moves early and rarely deviates from original track. One-speed rusher lacking dynamic qualities to turn corner for tight loops. Could get flattened in the rush arc due to hip tightness. Timing of hands need work as he tends to shoot prematurely, opening himself up to counter moves. Rarely makes tackles redirect inside with sharp counters. Tackles often come at angles. Might need to move to outside linebacker on next level.

BOTTOM LINE

Productive three-year starter who plays with desired motor from whistle to whistle. Willis is a stack-and-shed edge defender with good play strength and quality hand work at the point of attack. He will need more creativity to be an effective NFL pass rusher, but he should be able to earn a roster spot and work his way up the pecking order in either a 3-4 or 4-3 scheme.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
@Riverumbbq - you took my guy!!!

Excellent pick I have him rated in the top 20 on my board, such a twitchy CB, if he can control his hands downfield he's going to be a star at CB

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
@Riverumbbq - you took my guy!!!

Excellent pick I have him rated in the top 20 on my board, such a twitchy CB, if he can control his hands downfield he's going to be a star at CB

I'd say you recovered pretty quickly. (y) Willis is a top prospect with outstanding measureables. Nice pick.