2017 full 7 rd ROD Mock Draft: Completed

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Unless we find someone like Alan next year, there may not be another ROD draft. As we can all see, it's a pretty big job and requires some dedication.
I don't have a problem with trades, they are a pre-draft & draft day reality, but CAP and the lopsided nature of a few of these trades could/should be voided by an independent commissioner, which makes the job even tougher. Honestly, i'm not sure Alan was given this veto power, but it might be included in the next go-round. Perhaps another independent and knowledgable poster who isn't playing a GM could be appointed to consult with the Commissioner on these trades. jmo.

Understood. I realize that I'm doing a lot of the lopsided trades, and for that, I apologize.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
With the 50th pick of the 2017 NFL Draft the
View attachment 19055
Tampa Bay Buccaneers select
Zay Jones (WR) East Carolina
View attachment 19056

Zay Jones lining up across from Mike Evans should be a matchup nightmare for defenses. Happy to see him sitting here at the 50th pick. Jameis Winston should be a happy camper as well having Leonard Fournette, Zay Jones along with Mike Evans and Desean Jackson as his playmakers.

View: https://youtu.be/W0S2Uziz4U8

View attachment 19057
Bucco Bruce has given his...
View attachment 19058

@Mojo Ram (Denver Broncos) are on the clock
@Riverumbbq (Washington Redskins) are on deck

Great pick T-REX!! Glad you didn't take the WR I want! You nailed a good one!
*4.45-40
*36.5 Vert
*133.0 Broad jump
*4.01 short shuttle
*and a 133.7 SPARQ
He's going to make a name for himself in the NFL!!

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I don't know but I think a late round 5th round pick for Tony Romo was pretty close. I would of tried a 6th round pick but I didn't have one. It wouldn't surprise me too much if Houston wouldn't do close to the same.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
I don't know but I think a late round 5th round pick for Tony Romo was pretty close. I would of tried a 6th round pick but I didn't have one. It wouldn't surprise me too much if Houston wouldn't do close to the same.

No doubt there have been some excellent and fair trades, most of them imo, but there have been a couple that probably should be reviewed. jmo.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
In a " For Real signing" the Vikings just signed FA Vet WR Nick Trusdell, 6ft 6 / 255! I guess the Vikings don't need to Draft another WR!! So I don't have to worry about Trading up for one!(y);):rolllaugh:

Edit; In the report they called him a WR, But I think he's actually more of a TE! He came from the arena league, but had some NFL experience!

Last edited:

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
It's not even about not liking trades. I've been talking to other GMs, and though I'm the only one piping up, many others aren't happy with all of this. Some of us participate for a realistic mock draft. Not a single trade made, aside from picks for picks, is even remotely close to realistic, nor even fair. Perhaps we should do a playful mock and a serious mock next year. Because those of us that wait all year for this, are massively disappointed with how unrealistic this mock has become.

Whoa, my 7th round pick for Ethan Westbrooks trade was realistic.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Unless we find someone like Alan next year, there may not be another ROD draft. As we can all see, it's a pretty big job and requires some dedication.
I don't have a problem with trades, they are a pre-draft & draft day reality, but CAP and the lopsided nature of a few of these trades could/should be voided by an independent commissioner, which makes the job even tougher. Honestly, i'm not sure Alan was given this specific veto power, but it might be included in the next go-round. Perhaps another independent and knowledgable poster who isn't playing a GM could be appointed to consult with the Commissioner on these trades. jmo.

As always, I'm willing to be commissioner. I was planning to be before Alan took over. I'll never be as good as he is, but I should be able to run it.

These are things we can definitely discuss though. I think there's always ways to make it better, and it sucks that some people aren't happy, especially with how much time a lot of us put in to this.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
As always, I'm willing to be commissioner. I was planning to be before Alan took over. I'll never be as good as he is, but I should be able to run it.

These are things we can definitely discuss though. I think there's always ways to make it better, and it sucks that some people aren't happy, especially with how much time a lot of us put in to this.

Which is why I think that player trades for anything should be banned. Trades should be purely picks. The only reason I'm doing player trades is because they're legal right now.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Which is why I think that player trades for anything should be banned. Trades should be purely picks. The only reason I'm doing player trades is because they're legal right now.
Then again we don't have the Time to make Player Trades for Draft picks like they do 'Pre-Draft' in the real world all the time.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

I'll have to treat ya like Goodell gets it at the draft and find various video's of people booing and hissing at somebody.

Alan

Legend
TheDYVKX with a proposal:
As always, I'm willing to be commissioner. I was planning to be before Alan took over.
It's perfectly OK with me if you want to take over now. There will be no bad feelings towards you at all. I only said I'd do it because no one else wanted to and I was asked. Something that I believe I said in an earlier post. :)

Let me know.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
In a " For Real signing" the Vikings just signed FA Vet WR Nick Trusdell, 6ft 6 / 255! I guess the Vikings don't need to Draft another WR!! So I don't have to worry about Trading up for one!(y);):rolllaugh:

Edit; In the report they called him a WR, But I think he's actually more of a TE! He came from the arena league, but had some NFL experience!

Right after you trade everything away for the rights to move up for a TE. Your luck Dave lol.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Right after you trade everything away for the rights to move up for a TE. Your luck Dave lol.
If you remember, the same thing, Kind-of, happened to me last year! I started making GREAT picks for Philly, and then they Traded Bradford and screwed me up!! "Karma I guess!!"(y):LOL:

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
It's perfectly OK with me if you want to take over now. There will be no bad feelings towards you at all. I only said I'd do it because no one else wanted to and I was asked. Something that I believe I said in an earlier post. :)

Let me know.

C'mon man, after all that ROD money our GM's pitched in for that diamond studded gold watch for your going away present, ... you'd abandon us now ? I knew you were a closet Patriots fan. :wtf:

Alan

Legend
Riverumbbq reminding me of my bribes:
C'mon man, after all that ROD money our GM's pitched in for that diamond studded gold watch for your going away present, ... you'd abandon us now ? I knew you were a closet Patriots fan. :wtf:
I wouldn't be abandoning you guys as you'd have a capable replacement. Then again, I'm perfectly happy continuing on as is because I like talking to all my old friends. Though mainly I just listen. It's good to know that nothing has changed. here. :LOL:

Yes, it's true, I am a secret Cheatriot fan. I hadn't wanted to come out of the closet yet though. So thanks for that. :help:

:LOL:

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay

Let me know.

If you don't mind, I'd rather you do it. You're the best there is Alan! I can do it in any future iterations if you don't want to be a part of them, but right now I'd like to take advantage of a great commish. Not often you get one of those!

RamsFlash80

Pro Bowler
Seems Mojo Ram has er, ah, ... lost his Mojo.

lost-mojo.jpg