2016-Rams trade up to #1 (old thread)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
As other have said, if this was the plan all along, why didn't we push a little harder on any free agents since we now have no picks to help the offense with?

The WRs and TEs on this roster will not scare anybody. Who is our new QB going to throw to?

We're also a run first team built around Gurley. That is a huge price to pay for a guy handing of the football so often.

I hope we make a run at Boldin. If you have a rookie QB, get him a veteran receiver that knows how to move the chains. He isn't anything special but he is solid and reliable. He'd be a good bridge option for a year or two, until we can actually make a sizeable upgrade to our pass catches.

Maybe they are banking on Quick and Bailey both bouncing back from their injuries?

I will say this: with an accurate QB, I think Tavon Ausin is going to go to a whole new level. Don't under-estimate that and what it will do for our offense and WRs. He has a small catch radius. A QB accurate enough to consistently hit him in stride will unleash what might be our biggest weapon.

T-REX

"King of the tyrant lizards"
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Excited and disappointed at the same time. Hope it works !

Me too, mixed feelings about this. Let's hope Snisher knows what they're doing, I have faith :cool:

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Dafuq?! Worst move of the Snisher era.
I just woke-up, and saw this! My question is, Is their a second source, verifying this!? I want to be sure it's NOT BS!!?!
If It's True ....
GO RAMS!!
addon.jpg

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
It will all be worth it if in 2 years our QB is matured and ready to take next step. 2018 we have all of our picks (as of now) and draft the next Torry Holt to pair with Wentz/Goff. 2019 the Rams go to the Superbowl. They have a thing for going to the SB every 20 years on the 9's (79', 99', 2019???).:mrburnsevil:

ItsonTavon

Rookie
Name
Erick
Lane Kendricks might be our TE #1 He can block that's for sure.. We have to take either a WR or Defense for that 3rd pick.

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
All I can say is, I hope Wentz is worth it. A franchise quarterback is definitely worth it. But is Wentz a franchise quarterback? I hope they're right. That is a lot to give up for a guy who's going to be handing off a lot.
Now I hope P. Lynch is a total bust. We could have had him for ***much*** less.

bluecoconuts

Legend
I'll take it, I've been high on Wentz, just didn't think we would get him obviously. A lot to trade up for, but good. Top 3 QBs are likely off the board in the top 5-10, maybe even Top 4. Rams knew they needed to jump before someone else did.

Fatbot

Pro Bowler
Free agency isn't over, I'm betting a WR is going to come available that's going to be a perfect fit. #neverBoldin :puke:

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
I didn't think much of either QB prior to watching more film (highlights mostly I admit), but I really like both. I think I prefer Goff actually.....

lockdnram21

Legend
Top defense + Top running game + Uber talented QB? Ask the Patriots and the Seahawks how that formula turned out. Cheer up, boys. Our days of suffering are over!
I think our defense want be as good and we still don't have a receiver. Better hope we find Antonio brown in the 4th or hope for Quick again