2016-Rams trade up to #1 (old thread)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Come on guys. Enuff with the grammar corrections. :rolleyes:

200.gif

200.gif

bomebadeeda

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bome
I know some don't like the "amount" we gave up. But every year we get about 5-7 guys who make the team (from the draft). Basically our draft this year was going to be, maybe, finding a QB or WR which would make the team better. But now we have a chance at the best QB. So essentially this draft was going to be about depth and special teams and it still might.....we just get our QB as well. And I'm tired of being the "youngest" team but having a mediocre record. We have the bases covered. We just needed that one last piece. And I applaud our front office in going out there and taking the chance. Even if it doesn't fly (which I don't think the QB play this year will be the difference in most games........). Our offensive line should be stronger this year. The core of our defense is still there. And we have the Gurley man as a bell cow and Tavon as a gadget player. I like this move.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I believe so, but if they don't, it lends credence to the theory that Snead is looking to screw the Browns for a pick to trade back to 2. I love a good conspiracy theory. :)

I thought that myself but seems risky ... Browns may just up and take "our" guy out of spite

I've read the commish has asked the Rams to not announce to drum up interest/suspense in the draft .... I do kinda likes the not knowing

Sportsed

Pro Bowler
Wentz has just slaughtered every test and workout including the Senior Bowl, Combine, Pro day, and interviews as well as whiteboard and scheme stuff
This is the impressive thing about this guy, he's from a small school but as the process goes along he continues to excel. I don't think it's going to take too long before he's not only ready to play, but as a/the leader of the team. They gambled on Gurley last year and remember there was a lot of WTF on the board then, that turned out great. We are desperate for a qb, no need to be settlers, we needed to be proactive and we were. It was a lot to give up, but I would rather try to win than just sit back and "hope" we can win with the qbs on the roster now.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Well,,, I just read through all 21 pages. Emotions are high... some of us love it, some of us hate it.

Here in the Selassie Casa... my oldest son HATES the trade. LOL Me,,, I don't claim to KNOW how this whole thing will turn out. I do know that it's fucking exciting as hell to be a Ram Fan right now. None of us have a crystal ball that actually works. I know I'm going to enjoy the anticipation of the pick. Snead said that he wasn't gonna say who the pick will be till 4/28... I'm gonna feel like a kid waiting to open his presents until then.

I have the feeling that the Football Gods are going to bless us with this one. They've certainly made us suffer for a very long time... we've EARNED some serious blessings ffs !

I can't wait to get a new QB. My QB Envy is finally going to be cured !!!

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
Well I'm ready to order my Tunsil jersey , :yess:

JUMAVA68

Starter
Name
Manuel
To many premium picks to give up so they better hope they pick the right QB.They should've at least kept a 2nd round pick this year or the 3rd next year.This was not Snead by himself this has Fisher written all over it and his love for Tenn.Sorry but that's how I see it he brings their players over when others were better.And now he gives away the farm, the animals and the property for 1 pick.So let's hope Wentz or Goff are all that because this is huge and failure as they say is not an option.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That Giants comparison is not even close.

Manning had a pedigree on another level of either Goff/Wentz, competed at the highest level, neither of these QBs would even be considered in the same universe as him as a prospect. 2004 was one of the greatest QB draft classes ever.

Not to mention what they paid for Manning was CONSIDERABLY less. They gave up a 3rd in 2004, a 1st in 2005 and a 5th in 2005. Not 1 first, two seconds and two thirds

to counter, the top draft pick cost huge money back then. to give up draft picks and huge money at the same time is different than just giving up draft picks now. having a cheap qb for 5 years will help the rams keep their premium talent for that period and their qb after 5 seasons because no other premium rookies are up for fa that season.

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion
to counter, the top draft pick cost huge money back then. to give up draft picks and huge money at the same time is different than just giving up draft picks now. having a cheap qb for 5 years will help the rams keep their premium talent for that period and their qb after 5 seasons because no other premium rookies are up for fa that season.

The value of the top picks in the draft definitely increased after the rookie wage scale was implemented.

nighttrain

Legend
what if we make a deal with the Browns, they want ''wentz not Goff, i am in the Goff camp, recoup some picks from the Browns and take Goff
train

RAMSinLA

Hall of Fame
The Rams just rebuilt the Titans...maybe Fisher wants to go back to Tennessee and wants a winner to return to. :ROFLMAO::D:p:LOL:

nighttrain

Legend
If Keenum is traded, then who will play QB this year? Prior to today, most experts were saying that Goff/Wentz should sit a year and develop before playing.
are you a closest Cowgirls fan? otherwise you sound like a troll
train

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
Okay, but a Franchise #1 QB is not needed to win a Superbowl. Fisher/Snead better think this guy is a Franchise QB. If we get an RG3 or Bradford this will be a major blow. A setback. Blew it. We have won with Keenum. Maybe we could have won with Mannion. Hopefully the new kid makes up for all the loss. If he didn't it's not an "oh well". Fisher and Snead will lose their jobs.

And the Redskins stink. They are not a good team. If the Rams were in that Division, they'd probably have won it the last couple of years. The RG3 thing set them back. It was stupid. Because it didn't work out. See how that works.

IF you win... you're a winner.

If you lose... you are stupid.

Sorry, I don't make the rules.

I just have to enforce them.

I'm guessing you misread my first paragraph and if you didn't then I have no idea what your point is in your first paragraph lol.

Stinks is open to interpretation I guess. I think there a good team, not great. But the roster is in good shape and I only see them getting better. I disagree the Rams would of won that division, I mean Washington beat us pretty good last year....so they won and are winners, Rams lost so they must be stupid. As you said you only enforce the rules.