2016-Rams trade up to #1 (old thread)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I can't wait till Wentz sits on the bench for the first 8 games because he's "not ready" and we go 3-5 and then Wentz comes in the second half and goes 5-3 and his arm gets ripped off in the 4th quarter of game 16.

What's wrong with you? The minute he or Goff or whomever puts on horns, you don't say that about them (unless they sign Greg Hardy, then his arm should be ripped off in the first game of the season at Century Link Field by an actual Seahawk and dumped in the sea where it's eaten by a shark).

Now go sit in the corner and think about what you might have done...potentially hexing the Rams. And if you did jinx the QB, well...you're grounded!

RamzFanz

Damnit
Well, I should know by now that Snisher will do exactly the opposite of what I think they will.

Let's hope we didn't just get RG3ed.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Word was what sealed this trade was Fisher and Snead having a VERY private workout with Carson Wentz in North Dakota.

No equivalent workout for Goff is believed to have happened.

So, that tells us only a little. It tells us that they had the information after to trade up. We know from what Tennessee said that the Rams apparently sweetened the pot to make the trade.

So, based on deduction, what may have happened? Well, either more likely, the Rams went up there, REALLY liked Wentz, and decided that with Cleveland looking to go Goff and the Eagles sniffing around for the #1, it was probably for Wentz. Either way, the private workout cinched that he's their guy. Then, in order to play ball with the league, he pulls a JT and either lies or hints about Goff.

OR... They go to ND and the workout is...meh. The workout cinches that the only QB with that #1 is Goff. Cleveland wants Goff and the only way to get him is to trade ahead of them. They sweeten the pot and Tennessee accepts the offer. They tell a few people about Goff because the narrative is that it's Wentz and Snisher is playing ball with the league.

Personally, I think the first is more likely if for no other reason than Wentz has just slaughtered every test and workout including the Senior Bowl, Combine, Pro day, and interviews as well as whiteboard and scheme stuff since the start of this process. So the idea that Wentz blew it with Snisher is possible...,but not probable.

Since we KNOW Fisher is a stone liar this time of year (didn't I just post something about him using the media?), I'm not buying the "I just heard the Rams want Goff" stuff when they went to actually privately work out Wentz and after that workout, they finalized this trade. That looks more like "holy cow, we HAVE TO HAVE THIS KID!"

I dunno what the future holds as I've said umpteen times, but deductive reasoning lends me to believe it's Wentz.

Btw, if they had worked out Goff and not Wentz, I'd be saying the exact same thing in reverse. This isn't a post about who I like better. At all.

Picked4td

Pro Bowler
Word was what sealed this trade was Fisher and Snead having a VERY private workout with Carson Wentz in North Dakota.

No equivalent workout for Goff is believed to have happened.

So, that tells us only a little. It tells us that they had the information after to trade up. We know from what Tennessee said that the Rams apparently sweetened the pot to make the trade.

So, based on deduction, what may have happened? Well, either more likely, the Rams went up there, REALLY liked Wentz, and decided that with Cleveland looking to go Goff and the Eagles sniffing around for the #1, it was probably for Wentz. Either way, the private workout cinched that he's their guy. Then, in order to play ball with the league, he pulls a JT and either lies or hints about Goff.

OR... They go to ND and the workout is...meh. The workout cinches that the only QB with that #1 is Goff. Cleveland wants Goff and the only way to get him is to trade ahead of them. They sweeten the pot and Tennessee accepts the offer. They tell a few people about Goff because the narrative is that it's Wentz and Snisher is playing ball with the league.

Personally, I think the first is more likely if for no other reason than Wentz has just slaughtered every test and workout including the Senior Bowl, Combine, Pro day, and interviews as well as whiteboard and scheme stuff since the start of this process. So the idea that Wentz blew it with Snisher is possible...,but not probable.

Since we KNOW Fisher is a stone liar this time of year (didn't I just post something about him using the media?), I'm not buying the "I just heard the Rams want Goff" stuff when they went to actually privately work out Wentz and after that workout, they finalized this trade. That looks more like "holy cow, we HAVE TO HAVE THIS KID!"

I dunno what the future holds as I've said umpteen times, but deductive reasoning lends me to believe it's Wentz.

Btw, if they had worked out Goff and not Wentz, I'd be saying the exact same thing in reverse. This isn't a post about who I like better. At all.

must have missed that? what was said?

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
At least we won't have to watch the draft after the 1st pick . I hope they no what they are doing.

A55VA6

Legend
Best case scenario, Wentz and Goff both end up being good and we have 1 of them. That's my hope.

The Ramowl

Starter
I am really happy about this, it is a risky move, but that defense won't be there forever and we need to get things going now. I still think, as many, that we were an average QB short of making the playoffs, here we come.

Ramatik

Starter
Truth is we had to take a chance. Im not convinced the franchise QB is in this draft but I hope I am wrong. I think Goff and Wentz can be both very good QBs though and that may be enough to get us over the hump. Personally I would of explored trying to trade for Garoppolo or Glennon but I can see why they went this route too.

I dont get the Redskins suck thing though. If they suck, what are we? I also think they are in a position in which they can win again next year and be consistent. What they did was not stupid, it may not have worked out the way they hoped but if its stupid its only because RGIII didnt work out.

If we get a RGIII or Bradford so be it. We are not winning with Keenum or Mannion so a bunch of draft picks dont help if we have no QB. Yes it was a lot but at some point they had to take a gamble on a QB, they are not winning without one.

Okay, but a Franchise #1 QB is not needed to win a Superbowl. Fisher/Snead better think this guy is a Franchise QB. If we get an RG3 or Bradford this will be a major blow. A setback. Blew it. We have won with Keenum. Maybe we could have won with Mannion. Hopefully the new kid makes up for all the loss. If he didn't it's not an "oh well". Fisher and Snead will lose their jobs.

And the Redskins stink. They are not a good team. If the Rams were in that Division, they'd probably have won it the last couple of years. The RG3 thing set them back. It was stupid. Because it didn't work out. See how that works.

IF you win... you're a winner.

If you lose... you are stupid.

Sorry, I don't make the rules.

I just have to enforce them.

Ramatik

Starter
Is he a sure thing? No. No one ever has been.

Is he worth what we gave up? Undoubtedly.

We now have a QB - we are one of the 'haves' and no longer one of the 'have nots'.

Let's be honest. We don't know if we have a franchise QB.

We don't know if he's worth it.

We hope we're not have nots. We are definitely not haves.

With all that said, whichever guy they pick will be the one that I wanted all along.

And Fisher/Snead are geniuses.

Ramrocket

Hating 49ers and Seahawks from afar
Name
Rod
so im guessing they can announce the pick now right ? or at least soon

I believe so, but if they don't, it lends credence to the theory that Snead is looking to screw the Browns for a pick to trade back to 2. I love a good conspiracy theory. :)

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
They can announce and sign the pick right now. But they're probably also holding off on announcing the pick for many reasons, mainly that while they haven't announced it people are talking to and about the Rams.