2016 Predictions

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
6-10 if the play calling doesn't change and 9-7 at best with Keenum .

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
A fair report, but I think just a little conservative. Maybe your unconsciously trying to Low-ball expectations! Bottom line, I think we Finish with a 11-5 Record Minimum!(y);):D

Kinda got that result backwards, doncha think?

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
6-10 if the play calling doesn't change and 9-7 at best with Keenum .

If they beat 7-9, I'll be amazed. Their schedule just doesn't appear to support your expectation,..but hope is always a good thing. :football:

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
OK-we are into the last week of preseason and the team we saw last week (starters and 2nd stringers) is the 2016 Rams. As a 40 year Rams fan...Here are my thoughts on how the season will transpire:
  • Rams will stick with Keenum as long as they are winning. My gut tells me after 6 to 8 games, the Rams will be .500 after a 2 game loosing stretch and it will be time to hand over the team to Goff.
  • The defense will have its best year of the Fisher era. They have the talent to be a top 5 unit if the weak CB position can be held down by Gaines.
  • The offense will be improved, but far from dynamic. I expect Gurley to gain between 1,700 and 1,900 yards.This will open up the passing game and the new comers; Higbey and Cooper will help create more space for either Gurley running the ball or the QB to find more open receivers. I expect the unit to fall somewhere between 15-20th in most categories.
  • The team will field 5-6 pro bowlers in 2016. Donald, Hecker, Gurley will be back and Quinn, Tree and Tru will be added. There my be some others that breakthrough in Austin, TJ and Barron.
  • Fisher and Snead will produce enough to be retained. The Rams will toy with a playoff spot all season and with an eventual transition to Goff, the arrows of progress will be pointing into the right direction.
  • I am going with a 9-7 record with some breaks possibly leading them to a 10-6.
  • After one of the most amazing off seasons (Move, Trade, Hard Knocks), the season will be one of the most satisfying ones in a long time!!

I'll have what he's drinking.....:rolleyes:

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If they beat 7-9, I'll be amazed. Their schedule just doesn't appear to support your expectation,..but hope is always a good thing. :football:
Been a fan for over 40 years and every year I hope for the best but for some reason this year I have a bad feeling . It wouldn't surprise me if they struggle against a bad 49ers team . I have no faith in Fisher anymore

TexasRam

Legend
I have us at 6-10.

Worst WR crew in football. The rookies show promise but WR always takes a few years. The box will stack against the the run because of our anemic predictable passing attack.

Secondary is lacking coverage depth. If Trumaine or EJ go down it will be impossible to cover NFL Wr's. Joyner, Sensabaugh and Roberson will all be out of the league in Two years. Garbage.

Coaching. Greg Williams is in the plus column but ultimately Fishers inability to change his offensive approach will result in the same as last year. Bottom of the barrel pass game.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
i predict the rams will go 7-9 . then fisher will get a contract extension and then the rams will go 7-9 again next year

Athos

Legend
With the offense still looking mediocre and a limited QB, I foresee 7-9.

Careful of that Whiner game. Screams arrogant trap game loss just like it was to end last season with a whimper.

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
Careful of that Whiner game. Screams arrogant trap game loss just like it was to end last season with a whimper.

I see it the same way. Rams give up 350yds to future hall of famer Gabbert, and Hyde gashes our run D for 150, as they finish 1,2 in Offensive Player of the Week honors.

...then I wake up screaming, roll over sobbing uncontrollably while I clutch my Warner jersey.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Rams offense will be shockingly improved, and will finish around 15th in scoring. Improvement will come from Gurley in the passing game, Tavon having a huge season, and Britt/Kendricks improving under the new offensive staff.

Spruce will start and play well in the slot from the opener on through the season.

Rams defense will be known as the fastest in the league. They're a little weak on the back side but their up front speed and skill will carry the unit to a top 10 points against rank.

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
Maybe the Rams could forfeit the entire season and have a year round extended practice schedule???...

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Why did they draft Goff?......easy..........desperation. :rimshot:FWIW, my money was on Wentz, but what do I know?

Regarding weak arms, there's a guy in KC named Alex Smith that seems to have done OK without one.

The real question is when do they finally dump the Fisher (minnow) and his minions? My money's on 2017 (with any luck).l :fuelfire::help:

Keenum can't throw the deep ball and the Rams have tried to use the deep pass the last two years and many potential TDs ended in field goals because he can't throw far enough , accurately enough.

I like Fisher but he needs an OC that he can give the reigns too. Turner could have been that guy. I agree that Fisher's desire to have his hands in the offense is his greatest shortcoming

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
Having seen what I've seen under Fisher...
Best Case: 10-6 [no major injuries to key players] (Living on a Prayer)
Worst Case: 6-10
Probable Case: 7-9
I said the total distraction of moving the team to LA, plus moving the team 2 more times within LA, Hard Knocks, no immediate upgrade to the WR corps, a very thin LB corps, and Fisher not inspiring the team to win will lead to another sub-par year. Talk is cheap in this league.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

todd gurley has been in for one series. result - td.

rams starting dline has been in for a couple of series. result - opposition went nowhere.

prediction. 16 and 0.

Bruce2980

Starter
If you believe the Ram D and Gurley do all that, how can you limit them to 9 wins? If they do all that 12 or 13 wins is what they will end up with. They will control the clock, average over 20 points a game.
Hey, even Hollywood writes scripts that don't make any sense.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Either Dak or Zeke will be Rookie of the Year.
Did somebody fart in here?
200.gif