2016 Predictions

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

JerseyRam1

Rookie
OK-we are into the last week of preseason and the team we saw last week (starters and 2nd stringers) is the 2016 Rams. As a 40 year Rams fan...Here are my thoughts on how the season will transpire:
  • Rams will stick with Keenum as long as they are winning. My gut tells me after 6 to 8 games, the Rams will be .500 after a 2 game loosing stretch and it will be time to hand over the team to Goff.
  • The defense will have its best year of the Fisher era. They have the talent to be a top 5 unit if the weak CB position can be held down by Gaines.
  • The offense will be improved, but far from dynamic. I expect Gurley to gain between 1,700 and 1,900 yards.This will open up the passing game and the new comers; Higbey and Cooper will help create more space for either Gurley running the ball or the QB to find more open receivers. I expect the unit to fall somewhere between 15-20th in most categories.
  • The team will field 5-6 pro bowlers in 2016. Donald, Hecker, Gurley will be back and Quinn, Tree and Tru will be added. There my be some others that breakthrough in Austin, TJ and Barron.
  • Fisher and Snead will produce enough to be retained. The Rams will toy with a playoff spot all season and with an eventual transition to Goff, the arrows of progress will be pointing into the right direction.
  • I am going with a 9-7 record with some breaks possibly leading them to a 10-6.
  • After one of the most amazing off seasons (Move, Trade, Hard Knocks), the season will be one of the most satisfying ones in a long time!!

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I don't think that Keenum has the arm to keep the defense from stacking the box against the Rams running game. They desperately need Goff to play. I predict Keenum starts game 1 and Goff finishes it and takes over as the starter.

551staaa

Unsubstantiated Reality
A pretty fair analysis. I think Keenum is charged with holding it in the road until Goff appears to be ready. Keenum is not the kind of QB who can put a team on his back and win games, but he also isn't going to lose games by trying to be more than he is. "Game manager" is very often used as a slight towards quarterbacks, but with the 2016 Rams, it may be exactly what they need. While a dynamic passing game is exciting and fun to watch, it can also put a lot of pressure on your own defense. An offense that can keep the score close and the defense relatively fresh in the 4th quarter can allow that defense, the strength of this team, to overpower opponents late in a close game.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I think Goff will start as soon as the coaching staff believes he's ready. Regardless of Keenums play.

I think our offense needs to stay on the field longer for our defense to take the next step. The lack of 3rd down conversions last season was a huge hindrance to our D's purformance. These guys were often worn out by the 3rd/4th quarter.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
hmmmm

I like that part about top 5 defense...Man, those guys look imposing...I could play corner behind a motivated Quinn, Donald, and Brockers...Hayes needs to slow down on the camera ops...and get his ass in gear.

We were really flying to the ball....Scary collisions...that's Rams football...TJ Mac, Barron...and what happened to Mo? Anyone know why he was scratched? I thought they were gonna trade someone...Davis....TJ...somebody...Ayers....

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
OK-we are into the last week of preseason and the team we saw last week (starters and 2nd stringers) is the 2016 Rams. As a 40 year Rams fan...Here are my thoughts on how the season will transpire:
  • Rams will stick with Keenum as long as they are winning. My gut tells me after 6 to 8 games, the Rams will be .500 after a 2 game loosing stretch and it will be time to hand over the team to Goff.
  • The defense will have its best year of the Fisher era. They have the talent to be a top 5 unit if the weak CB position can be held down by Gaines.
  • The offense will be improved, but far from dynamic. I expect Gurley to gain between 1,700 and 1,900 yards.This will open up the passing game and the new comers; Higbey and Cooper will help create more space for either Gurley running the ball or the QB to find more open receivers. I expect the unit to fall somewhere between 15-20th in most categories.
  • The team will field 5-6 pro bowlers in 2016. Donald, Hecker, Gurley will be back and Quinn, Tree and Tru will be added. There my be some others that breakthrough in Austin, TJ and Barron.
  • Fisher and Snead will produce enough to be retained. The Rams will toy with a playoff spot all season and with an eventual transition to Goff, the arrows of progress will be pointing into the right direction.
  • I am going with a 9-7 record with some breaks possibly leading them to a 10-6.
  • After one of the most amazing off seasons (Move, Trade, Hard Knocks), the season will be one of the most satisfying ones in a long time!!
A fair report, but I think just a little conservative. Maybe your unconsciously trying to Low-ball expectations! Bottom line, I think we Finish with a 11-5 Record Minimum!(y);):D

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
I think Keenum starts all year long, we go 11-5, get bounced from the playoffs and spend the entire offseason fighting about whether we would have gone farther if we had just put the kid in there.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
The Los Angeles Rams start out 2-1 and Keenum suffers an injury (not season ending) against the Cardinals and Goff finishes the game in a loss, however, Goff takes over leads the Rams to an 8-4 record and 10-6 overall, however, they come up a tad short in their first playoff game in many years, but it lays the foundation for even better things to come....Rams lead the league in rushing and the Rams take the pressure off of Goff and Gurley by inserting Benny Cunningham into the lineup, who catches many dump off passes to keep the defense honest.

On defense Troy Hill becomes the starting RCB as E.J. Gaines can never stay healthy and the Rams commit to the former Oregon Duck alum. Cody Davis shocks everyone and solidifies the FS position and Alec Ogletree becomes defensive player of the year and makes the pro bowl.

And much to the chagrin of some Ram fans, Jeffrey Michael Fisher is given a 3 year extension as Enos Stanley "Stan" Kroenke comes out and says the Los Angeles Rams future has never been brighter headed by a Southern, CA Head Coach and a Northern, CA Field General!

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
I don't think that Keenum has the arm to keep the defense from stacking the box against the Rams running game. They desperately need Goff to play. I predict Keenum starts game 1 and Goff finishes it and takes over as the starter.

OK and we know this isn't college ball, but how in the world can we characterize the situation as "desperately" needing a rookie QB to play who's clearly not ready.... versus a kid who holds the NCAA record in TD's, total yards and completions? Are things really that desperate? :giveup:

Bruce2980

Starter
The LA Rams go 9-7, winning 7 at home and winning against the Cards and Whiners on the road.
Gurley # 30 shatters Eric "The Ram" Dickerson's (my all time favorite NFL player) single season rushing record.
Rams front four will be regarded as the "Best Ever." The linebackers play exceptionally well and the two corners are virtually "shutdown corners." Gurley and the D will dominate!
Goff plays well but not to the elite status that he will gain in 2017.
Rams squeak into the playoffs and win the Super Bowl.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Prediction :

If the Rams don't trade for a quality # 1 WR, they miss the play-offs.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
OK and we know this isn't college ball, but how in the world can we characterize the situation as "desperately" needing a rookie QB to play who's clearly not ready.... versus a kid who holds the NCAA record in TD's, total yards and completions? Are things really that desperate? :giveup:

Desperately needs a guy with a stronger arm. If they were fine with weak arm Willie then why did they draft Goff?

JerseyRam1

Rookie
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Trying hard not to be a blind "homer". The offense still has questions at QB and WR position. Hopefully we will get answers as the season unfolds. I do expect the O-line to continue to improve as well. It would be nice to get some luck along the way, too. Besides, we havent had a winning record in 11 years. A lot happened this year and expecting 11 wins just seems too much to expect in the NFC West, especially when a home game is in London.

A fair report, but I think just a little conservative. Maybe your unconsciously trying to Low-ball expectations! Bottom line, I think we Finish with a 11-5 Record Minimum!(y);):D

Big Game

Living The Dream
I believe the Rams will go a respectable 10-6 this year with a couple tough losses and a few wins no one expected us to have. Keenum will play well and possibly all season. The Rams will insert Goff when he is ready. It could be around weeks 5-8 this season but we will have to wait and see on that.

Rams defense will be somewhere between top 10 and 15. I think this can be a top 5 defense but they have yet to prove it during the regular season. We have to get off the field on third downs this season.

On the offensive side i do believe that Tavon Austin will be used in a way we haven't seen since being drafted and will have a great season. If Spruce makes the team(i believe he does) I can see him being a big time chain mover on third and short or third and medium. Along with Tyler Higbee those two just seem to have that "It" factor when it comes to getting open and making tough catches.

Frogbelly

Rookie
Name
Frogbelly
The LA Rams go 9-7, winning 7 at home and winning against the Cards and Whiners on the road.
Gurley # 30 shatters Eric "The Ram" Dickerson's (my all time favorite NFL player) single season rushing record.
Rams front four will be regarded as the "Best Ever." The linebackers play exceptionally well and the two corners are virtually "shutdown corners." Gurley and the D will dominate!
Goff plays well but not to the elite status that he will gain in 2017.
Rams squeak into the playoffs and win the Super Bowl.
If you believe the Ram D and Gurley do all that, how can you limit them to 9 wins? If they do all that 12 or 13 wins is what they will end up with. They will control the clock, average over 20 points a game.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Trying hard not to be a blind "homer". The offense still has questions at QB and WR position. Hopefully we will get answers as the season unfolds. I do expect the O-line to continue to improve as well. It would be nice to get some luck along the way, too. Besides, we havent had a winning record in 11 years. A lot happened this year and expecting 11 wins just seems too much to expect in the NFC West, especially when a home game is in London.
17zw35.jpg

I have actually predicted the Rams going 13-3! My Lowest estimate is 11-5!!:D

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Prediction: " The NFC East will be the worst division in the NFL this Year! :mrburnsevil:

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
Desperately needs a guy with a stronger arm. If they were fine with weak arm Willie then why did they draft Goff?
Why did they draft Goff?......easy..........desperation. :rimshot:FWIW, my money was on Wentz, but what do I know?

Regarding weak arms, there's a guy in KC named Alex Smith that seems to have done OK without one.

The real question is when do they finally dump the Fisher (minnow) and his minions? My money's on 2017 (with any luck).l :fuelfire::help:

Last edited: