2016 FINAL 53

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
file.php

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_Los_Angeles_Rams_season

TexasRam

Legend
Regarding Sims, he has proven his worth as a solid run defender at DE. He fills a role. You can literally get beat on the ground if you don't have these guys. See the Washington game last year.

Regarding Havenstein, why does everyone think he is not ready to play? He played against the Broncos and looked healthy and solid. Did I miss something?

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Afternoon Dog
I can not answer your question on Williams because I have not seen any signs of any injuries best guess would be something to do with his back???

Garrett Reynolds was seriously rolled up on by a Viking DT. He tries to get off the field but could not put any of his weight on it. It looked like a high ankle type injury that will take about 6 to 7 weeks to recover from..so he could be a real good candidate to be designated as a IR to return after the bye subject.

Battle has been gimpy & very slow to get better the injury is an old one from early TC so he has not done well on the rehabbing end if with the bad knee he simply could not keep low enough to keep the DE's & OSLb'ers from getting under his pads & push carting him where ever they wanted Battle to go....he was quick footed though & could remain in front of some DE's. Still just too raw to be our swing OT so Boudreau was forced to go with Pace Murphy @ OLT reserve & Andrew Donnal as ORT reserve.

@t this point it might be a good ideal not to give up on Battle & would look for him to be added to the PS once again just like last season.
One more thing in Battle's favor, he was noted for "Pancaking a few D-Lineman!!(y)

Cochiti

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I am expecting a DB picked up on the waiver wire and one of the OL waived onto the practice squad. They are definitely holding that last PS spot open.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I wonder if Grigsby will be groomed to play Barron's position. He is an exceptional athlete. Runs a sub 4.5, benched 21 reps, 36" vert, and a good 3 Cone time, 6.9. Kind of surprised he made it. Really glad we kept Troy Hill. I wish we could have found a way to keep Cam Thomas, as Brocker's backup.

If Quick starts dropping balls, I am going to kick someone in the balls.

Fingers crossed for some of the guys I want on the PS.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
He is not eligible. Very surprised he did not make it. Not sure how you keep 10 lineman and he is not one of them. I think he could of contributed this year and was a good back up to Barnes.

I don't get bent too often when it comes to cuts but this looks like a mistake IMO. Probably could of played guard too if needed

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
As a vet Thomas is not subject to waivers...could be possible they bring him back after week one, when they get healthier at WR abd hisvvontract would not get the vet guarantee for the year.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I wonder if Grigsby will be groomed to play Barron's position. He is an exceptional athlete. Runs a sub 4.5, benched 21 reps, 36" vert, and a good 3 Cone time, 6.9. Kind of surprised he made it. Really glad we kept Troy Hill. I wish we could have found a way to keep Cam Thomas, as Brocker's backup.If Quick starts dropping balls, I am going to kick someone in the balls.Fingers crossed for some of the guys I want on the PS.

Sure would seem to me Grigsby beat out Lynch for the privileged of be the WSLB'er reserve. On the Troy Hill returning to the 53 roster after being there late last season....I believe they realize Hill with a little seasoning & maybe a few pounds could be a starting outside corner in the future. Very little seen on Hill that I do not like. Me does nots understands the Cam Thomas release. On why they kept no hands Quick? Having 3 other WR's on the 53 who have much better hands being unhealthy. No more than that.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
I gotta believe as soon as Spruce is healthy we lose a WR. That would make room for another DB or Cam Thomas.

Practice squad?

Battle
Fox
Seau
Chubb
Bryant
Duke Williams
McRoberts
Green
Magee
J.Cunningham

tempests

Hall of Fame
Maybe that is loyalty to Sims. The only thing I remember about his play last year were multiple personal foul penalties.

He had that knee injury early on and I'm not sure he was ever 100%.

Anyway, we signed Sims to a three year deal back in March, so he wasn't going to get cut a few months later.

StealYoGurley

Pro Bowler
Cam Thomas cut is not surprising at all if you look at the Rams history. Rams have never had a a true backup NT for Brockers and it makes sense because pretty much every DE outside of Quinn has played extensively at DT. A guy who can backup 2 downs in 4-3 isn't essential in todays NFL. Furthermore a 4th DT would always be a game day inactive and contributes nothing on special teams.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I gotta believe as soon as Spruce is healthy we lose a WR. That would make room for another DB or Cam Thomas.

Practice squad?

Battle
Fox
Seau
Chubb
Bryant
Duke Williams
McRoberts
Green
Magee
J.Cunningham
This looks pretty good to me!!Fingers Crossed it works out!! I guess we'll know more by Tomorrow Night!!(y)(y)

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Fairley is not a natural NT. His natural position is 3 tech just like Easley.

Okay, but he had the size that Easley doesn't...My concern would be losing Brockers, but you make valid points.

StealYoGurley

Pro Bowler
There are probably a couple tweaks coming with the Rams looking for help at OT, WR, safety and maybe LB

Arkin a guy I knew nothing about looks safe he played more than anyone on offense in the pre season looks like coaches like him.

Pace Murphy played 10 total snaps against the Vikings and Broncos. Rams could be looking for better depth at tackle or just a player somewhere else, so Murphy could be at the top of the cut list.

Keeping 7 WRs makes sense for now with Spruce, Marquez, and Cooper banged up, but those look like shorter term injuries. Quick also definitely still on the bubble Rams showed by cutting Ayers they aren't afraid to cut moderately priced vets who are underperforming.

fearsomefour

Legend
He had that knee injury early on and I'm not sure he was ever 100%.

Anyway, we signed Sims to a three year deal back in March, so he wasn't going to get cut a few months later.
Good point.
Fair enough. It's not like Sims is bad, he is a solid rotational guy.