2015 Offensive Line

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
I want the Rams to draft a LG and a center.

Long and Wells will be gone in my scenario, too injury prone for me and Wells sucks anyway. Saffold will stay because we paid him, but his injuries are frustrating too. We'll resign Barksdale if possible.

Robinson will play LT next year, leaving a hole at LG, we need to draft one. Preferably a 1st-2nd round one, I'd like a stud, I want the Rams to go all in on young talent on the offensive line, like the Cowboys have done.

Center...Wells sucks and needs to go. If Jones or Barnes can fill that role, great, but I'd prefer to draft an early round stud there too. Fix the offensive line. No more overpaid free agents.

RT....if Barksdale leaves, we need a replacement here too. Preferably he doesn't leave, because then we'll have too many holes to replace and I don't want any more FAs unless it's guaranteed they can perform like Bark. Pay this guy anything he wants.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
RT....if Barksdale leaves, we need a replacement here too. Preferably he doesn't leave, because then we'll have too many holes to replace and I don't want any more FAs unless it's guaranteed they can perform like Bark. Pay this guy anything he wants.
+1

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
The Rams could add someone as a FA, too. Between Wells, Long, Langford... And maybe even Bradford... The Rams could clear significant cap space if they wanna go crazy.

Alan

Legend
Who's going to play the other Guard position after Saffold gets injured again? We need two guards + FS and LB and signing Barks.

Win1-4Ned

Rookie
I want the Rams to draft a LG and a center.

Long and Wells will be gone in my scenario, too injury prone for me and Wells sucks anyway. Saffold will stay because we paid him, but his injuries are frustrating too. We'll resign Barksdale if possible.

Robinson will play LT next year, leaving a hole at LG, we need to draft one. Preferably a 1st-2nd round one, I'd like a stud, I want the Rams to go all in on young talent on the offensive line, like the Cowboys have done.

Center...Wells sucks and needs to go. If Jones or Barnes can fill that role, great, but I'd prefer to draft an early round stud there too. Fix the offensive line. No more overpaid free agents.

I totally agree with this sentiment. As far as I'm concerned, veterans that make it to free agency do so because their original team knows that the end is near for them.

Jumava1968

Starter
Name
Jumava
Well the talent level on the team is just about to the point where we can draft for depth and not need.So maybe they do just that and get some young road graders in 2015

lockdnram21

Legend
Who's going to play the other Guard position after Saffold gets injured again? We need two guards + FS and LB and signing Barks.
Joyner is hopefully going to be Fs. Most likely Mcleod and Davis want play next week. So we will probably see him there. I think he will be better there then he is as a nickel cb. Then Put Gaines in the nickel and Tru and Janoris on the outside. We need Lbs

lockdnram21

Legend
Well the talent level on the team is just about to the point where we can draft for depth and not need.So maybe they do just that and get some young road graders in 2015
A center 2 guards a LB. I would give Jones the rest of the year to audition For Center. Also a Qb

Alan

Legend
lockdnram21 thinking Fish will change his mind:
Joyner is hopefully going to be Fs. Most likely Mcleod and Davis want play next week. So we will probably see him there. I think he will be better there then he is as a nickel cb. Then Put Gaines in the nickel and Tru and Janoris on the outside. We need Lbs
Joyner might play FS this year because of the injuries (depending on when Tru and JJ get back) but Fish says no. They didn't even have him practice any S in TC and the preseason. I think they think he'd be good against the pass but not so good against the run. Huge part of a safety's job. Gaines has been decent for a rookie but there's no one after him and look at how many healthy CBs we have right now. I don't see it happening. Although I was kind of hoping for that when we drafted him but that was mainly because I really wanted to fill our hole at safety.

SierraRam

Recreational User
Rams will need to address the Guard position regardless in 2015.

I wanted to address it this year too. That's where I wanted to go in the 4th round instead of Mo Alexander. I was hoping for Cyril Richardson who was taken later by the Bills. He started their first 4 games but has since been relegated to the 2nd team. I hope the OL choices are deeper next year - depending on FA availability, we'll need at least 2-3!

MFdoom39

UDFA
Name
Matt
Three things for me in regards to the OL...

1. No more FA additions. They need to accept that they're gonna use 2 or 3 picks in this draft on the position, period. I don't want any more old, run-down, "just got my retirement paycheck" m#th@rF(*@$#! added to this unit. Young, physical, powerful moving forward. Barks is the only FA I would consider signing, the dude is solid and dependable, an ideal RT we know.

2. Cut Long. Cut Wells. Barnes can stay as a backup but that's it, and tender him accordingly.

3. We have two pieces in GRob and Barks that we can count on. Saffold should be able to play some, and go on and off the injury list but he's good enough to keep around. They need to see Jones play. Can he stay healthy and improve week by week? I know he'll excel on the calls. So best case scenario we need TWO guards. Just draft them man, and let them compete with Person and Saffold and play the best two. Which means you draft 3 interior types (maybe one of them go with a guy who can play some OT in a pinch) and this OL should be good to go.
And those two guards will preferably be guys like a Scherff or La'el Collins. Big and athletic enough to play tackle but will excel at guard.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
My plan would be to re-sign Joe, bring back Tim Barnes, let Wells and Long go, draft or sign a LG, bring in another quality OL through the draft or FA that can play behind Saffold, and draft Jameis Winston. Lets get this offense fixed. I'd also love to get a legit WR.

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
hearing plenty of draft thoughts but you can't thrown in a bunch of rookies into your starting Oline. Long, Joseph and Wells at least have to go. but who are some of the vets that need to replace them?

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
hearing plenty of draft thoughts but you can't thrown in a bunch of rookies into your starting Oline. Long, Joseph and Wells at least have to go. but who are some of the vets that need to replace them?

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Robinson will replace Long and I think we can replace Wells with Jones or Barnes...those two are competent enough players to not be liabilities and know the system. That leaves one spot and a backup needed(for Saffold). There are some good players slated to hit FA and some good players in the draft. In FA, my favorite options are Clint Boling and Orlando Franklin although Iupati is an option too but I would avoid him. Stefen Wisniewski is also an option at Center.

In the draft, there are quite a few good options at OG.

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
Robinson will replace Long and I think we can replace Wells with Jones or Barnes...those two are competent enough players to not be liabilities and know the system. That leaves one spot and a backup needed(for Saffold). There are some good players slated to hit FA and some good players in the draft. In FA, my favorite options are Clint Boling and Orlando Franklin although Iupati is an option too but I would avoid him. Stefen Wisniewski is also an option at Center.

In the draft, there are quite a few good options at OG.
as long as there are good FA options. im sure this will be a hot topic a number of months from now. as long as we also have solid depth. cus this year the 'depth' we brought in has been a disaster

fearsomefour

Legend
Robinson should get the reps at LT to see if he can play there. I still like him more at G where I think he can dominate. But, certainly nothing to lose at this point. Resign Barksdale. He was rough vs. KC but that is one game. Overall his is a very solid RT (not LT or G, just RT).
Long gone, Wells gone. I would love to sign Stefen Wisniewski C from Oakland. Very solid player. The other Cs due in FA that I have seen are undersized or have other issues, but, I havent really looked at it much. Oakland should have the cap space to sign him however. Because of the investment in Long and Wells the Rams FA additions outside of those two have been bargain bin.
If Robinson and can establish himself at LT and Wisniewski can be added at C have Robinson/Wiz/Barksdale at LT/C/RT is pretty good. Find two Gs with Barnes, Jones and Person with a draft pick or two should be doable.
Maybe Jones will surprise and progress and kick ass at C the rest of the year....that would be best case, something the Rams O line has not given us in a long time. The rest of this season I will be watching Jones and Person closely. Even if Wells is ok lets see what these guys can do.

jdhommert

Rookie
Most of you guys have us drafting basically nothing but lineman and getting an entire new line except GRob.

Even though people are freaking out about having a bad line and want us to draft 2 guards and a center highly....you want us to cut the only OL that has been solid for us in the last year and draft his replacement? Because he had 1 bad game? That makes zero sense. Everyone is ignoring very other need on our team. Don't get me wrong, football starts and ends with the line, especially the OL...but let's calm down here people....

Let's see what Jones can do at C before freaking out and drafting 2 centers
Lets see what Barksdale does the rest of the season considering he's been our best OL for the last year before cutting him and drafting his replacement
Lets see if Saffold can stay heal......oh who am i kidding :LOL:

Dont forget we need a franchise QB (arguably) I would take Winston with our 1st. Might need to trade up to get him.
We really need at least 1 stud LB, could be our biggest need.

Lets not forget about the rest of the team

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
Our O-line definitely needs fixing, too many dead weights and old bones being relied on to be solid. I can't really justify using our first rounder on a QB when our O-line is in shambles. Barring him going completely shit, Robinson will probably be stealing Long's job, leaving a hole at LG, hopefully Barnes or Barrett can get it done, but if these guys could, why wouldn't they already? Big question marks, probably need to draft a C to be sure. RG is questionable.. Do we continue to ride Saffold and hope he continues his weird parade of minor injuries routine? Or do we do something about RG as well? Having to rely on Davin Josephs and Ojinnakas in his stead is starting to get old.

Like DYVKX said, pay Barksdale whatever he wants. He's rock solid, he's a good damn RT and we don't need anymore holes than we already have because we chose now to be frugal. Do whatever it takes to keep that man in horns.

If all things shine though like we hope that still leaves only two solid yeses on our o-line, LT and RT. Leaving question marks at RG, LG and C. Too many holes to fix with our other crippling problems(LBs for example.) to justify a QB at 1st.