2015 NFL Draft - You're the GM

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Disclaimer: For those of you who don't like this thread for whatever reason, you don't have to post. Please just don't come in here and scold us people who do want to take part as if we're rooting against the new Rams picks by not taking or as if second guessing the FO is a criminal offense. It's unnecessary. This is just a fun exercise for people to express their own opinions.

With that out of the way, you're the St. Louis Rams GM and you get to make the call on who we draft. Who are you taking with the picks we have this year? Note: You get to choose if you want to do the trade down with Carolina, trade Stacy, etc. Here is the Draft Tracker so you can find the players available at each spot:
http://www.nfl.com/draft/2015/tracker#dt-by-round-input:1/dt-tabs:dt-by-round

Here are our original picks:

Here are our picks if you do the Carolina trade but not the Stacy trade:

Here are our picks if you do both the Carolina and Stacy trades:

You get to choose which path you want to take. Do you want to make all the trades, just one, or none of them? And then you get to choose who you want with each pick.

Here's what I'd do (I'm trying not to pick with hindsight...basically, I'm not going to assume to know that Clemmings will fall to Round 4 or Hundley to Round 5)...both trades:
10. Todd Gurley HB Georgia - I'm good with this pick. It's clear the Rams want to run the ball and Gurley is one of the best talents in this draft. If the knee checked out okay, which I'm assuming it did, I'd certainly take him here.
57. T.J. Clemmings OT/OG Pittsburgh - I'm beyond relieved he lasts to this pick. Breathing a sigh of relief that I can get one of my favorite prospects in the late 2nd.
72. Garrett Grayson QB Colorado State - Another sigh of relief as I would have taken him at #57 if Clemmings was gone but I'm so high on Clemmings that I couldn't pass on him there.
89. Mark Glowinski OG West Virginia - A.J. Cann going off the board hurts but I like Glowinski as a solid starting OG at the next level. I would take Collins but with the whole murder hanging over his head, I just can't do it.
119. DeAndre Smelter WR Georgia Tech - One of my favorite sleepers, I'm elated that he's still here in the 4th. Kid has first round talent but is also dealing with an injury. We bring him along slow.
201. La'el Collins OT/OG LSU - If he refuses to sign, oh well, it's a 6th rounder. But I offer him as much guaranteed money and as big of a signing bonus as I can to coax him into signing. At this point in the draft, the risk is worth it.
215. Ifo Ekpre-Olomu CB Oregon - Another guy dealing with an injury but might as well take a shot on his talent here. See how he can develop at CB.
224. Donald Celiscar FS Western Michigan - Draft him to convert him to FS. Love his feet, his twitch, and his physicality but may not have the long speed to stay at CB.
227. Taiwan Jones SLB Michigan State - Big and very strong, didn't time well in his speed but is reportedly a high character player that is unafraid to attack blockers and stack blocks up in the hole.

FRO

Legend
I like yours, I would just swap Clemmings for Cann due to the injury stuff and then pick Clemmings at the end of the third. Clemmings is a first round talent, but the foot injury has me a bit concerned. At the end of the third round I'm willing to take the risk. With Barksdale still out there I would have risked losing Clemmings and picked Cann.

Will Havenstein be an upgrade over Barksdale?

I agree with all your other picks over the Rams picks.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
Wish you did this on a Monday, don't get much time on the weekend and still trying to get updates. Olomu last till 215?! I would of taken him sooner. Perfect shut down slot guy...if healthy of course. Jones was still around at 227? Wow.

Agree on Collins as well. Cool idea and clearly I have a lot of catching up to do. Not happy my favorite prospect Shaq Mason went to NE either.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
10. Todd Gurley, RB. I like the player, so...why not?

57. A.J. Cann, OG. Gotta pick my guy. He's my second favorite lineman in this class.

72. T.J. Clemmings, OT. Right tackle of the future.

89. Paul Dawson, LB. Easy pick for me. JL's future replacement.

119. Rashad Greene, WR. Not the biggest, but he fell so far that I had to take him.

201. Obum Gwacham, DE. Tall, lengthy player who has more pass-rushing skills than Ifedi.

215. Josue Matias, OG. No way he should've been undrafted. I make him go right back up to 330 lbs. and maul the hell out of everyone.

224. Taylor Heinicke, QB. Never had a chance at Grayson, so I pick the fourth quarterback on my board.

227. Al-Hajj Shabazz, FS. Severely underrated. Will be a force with the Colts. Wish we had him. So badly.

Last edited:

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
No one jumping on the Peat train anymore huh?

:rolleyes:

If Clemmings needs a medical redshirt and Collins is indicted, what does our line look like?

Memento

Name
Jemma

If Clemmings needs a medical redshirt and Collins is indicted, what does our line look like?

Not when Clemmings fell so far. I can accept Gurley. I can accept a lot of the UDFAs (Claiborne, LTP, Longacre, Williams, Ferguson, to name a few). I don't like anyone else in this draft, and I think that we could have had better. If you're here on this thread to say what you said, then why did you even bother to post on this thread?

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Not when Clemmings fell so far. I can accept Gurley. I can accept a lot of the UDFAs (Claiborne, LTP, Longacre, Williams, Ferguson, to name a few). I don't like anyone else in this draft, and I think that we could have had better. If you're here on this thread to say what you said, then why did you even bother to post on this thread?

Oh is this thread only for the 'I can do it better' folks? I thought it was up for discussion.

Memento

Name
Jemma
Oh is this thread only for the 'I can do it better' folks? I thought it was up for discussion.

Disclaimer: For those of you who don't like this thread for whatever reason, you don't have to post. Please just don't come in here and scold us people who do want to take part as if we're rooting against the new Rams picks by not taking or as if second guessing the FO is a criminal offense. It's unnecessary. This is just a fun exercise for people to express their own opinions.

What you did seems a lot like what Jrry asked you not to do.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Questioning his post draft mock is tantamount to scolding now?

It looks to me like he invited discussion.

Memento

Name
Jemma
Questioning his post draft mock is tantamount to scolding now?

It looks to me like he invited discussion.

In what world is an eye-rolling emoticon "discussion"?

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Is that an eye roll? - I took it as more of an "I was right and you were wrong" face ... Which is also premature but still probably warranted.

Memento

Name
Jemma
Is that an eye roll? - I took it as more of an "I was right and you were wrong" face ... Which is also premature but still probably warranted.

Uh, yeah. It's an eyeroll. And it is premature. Let's see what happens before you declare that we're wrong or that we're fools for questioning the front office.

Believe me, I want the Rams to win. Everyone in this forum wants the Rams to win. Is it so wrong that people want to do it in different ways?

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Seems pretty suspect that you'd take this stance and then question the pick where I agreed with the Rams.

I'd be fine with Peat at #10. But if Gurley's knee checked out, he'd be at the top of my board after the top 8. But I don't get access to his medical information. Rams picking him there tells me they're comfortable with it.

What does our OL look like? If they feel that will happen, sign Barksdale.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Look guys, I have no problem with disagreeing - although I do think it's a bit pompous to be so sure of yourselves with a fraction of the information that the professionals have. You're not alone - I've been there. The draft is a passion. I spend as much time on this as just about anything - but in the end, you have to step back and realize that hobbies are hobbies and jobs are jobs.

Truth is, I like reading both of you guys - I don't want you to stop second guessing the front office - but Jeebus, lighten up a bit about it.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Look guys, I have no problem with disagreeing - although I do think it's a bit pompous to be so sure of yourselves with a fraction of the information that the professionals have. You're not alone - I've been there. The draft is a passion. I spend as much time on this as just about anything - but in the end, you have to step back and realize that hobbies are hobbies and jobs are jobs.

Truth is, I like reading both of you guys - I don't want you to stop second guessing the front office - but Jeebus, lighten up a bit about it.

Having seen this team draft for the past 16 years, I'm not so sure about that one. Definitely not before Fisher and Snead. They started to change that. We'll see how they do this year.

But I don't agree with you. It's not pompous to have your own views and be confident in them. Especially when you put a great amount of work into it.

I'm not even saying the Rams got every pick wrong. I'm just saying that based on the guys I've evaluated, there were others I preferred there. But I haven't evaluated every pick the Rams made.

Regardless, the thread is clear. This isn't a place to judge people for second guessing the front office. It's a place where draftniks can have some fun and debate guys they preferred vs. who the Rams or other draftniks wanted.

Memento

Name
Jemma

If you aren't sure about your convictions with everything in life, then everyone will question you, belittle you, and degrade you for it. If you are, then they'll still do that...but you can at least hold your head up high until your spirit touches the clouds. I learned that lesson almost too late, and I will never forget it.

Memphis Ram

Legend

With that out of the way, you're the St. Louis Rams GM and you get to make the call on who we draft. Who are you taking with the picks we have this year? Note: You get to choose if you want to do the trade down with Carolina, trade Stacy, etc. Here is the Draft Tracker so you can find the players available at each spot:
http://www.nfl.com/draft/2015/tracker#dt-by-round-input:1/dt-tabs:dt-by-round

Here are our original picks:

Here are our picks if you do the Carolina trade but not the Stacy trade:

Here are our picks if you do both the Carolina and Stacy trades:

You get to choose which path you want to take. Do you want to make all the trades, just one, or none of them? And then you get to choose who you want with each pick.

Here's what I'd do (I'm trying not to pick with hindsight...basically, I'm not going to assume to know that Clemmings will fall to Round 4 or Hundley to Round 5)...both trades:
10. Todd Gurley HB Georgia - I'm good with this pick. It's clear the Rams want to run the ball and Gurley is one of the best talents in this draft. If the knee checked out okay, which I'm assuming it did, I'd certainly take him here.
57. T.J. Clemmings OT/OG Pittsburgh - I'm beyond relieved he lasts to this pick. Breathing a sigh of relief that I can get one of my favorite prospects in the late 2nd.
72. Garrett Grayson QB Colorado State - Another sigh of relief as I would have taken him at #57 if Clemmings was gone but I'm so high on Clemmings that I couldn't pass on him there.
89. Mark Glowinski OG West Virginia - A.J. Cann going off the board hurts but I like Glowinski as a solid starting OG at the next level. I would take Collins but with the whole murder hanging over his head, I just can't do it.
119. DeAndre Smelter WR Georgia Tech - One of my favorite sleepers, I'm elated that he's still here in the 4th. Kid has first round talent but is also dealing with an injury. We bring him along slow.
201. La'el Collins OT/OG LSU - If he refuses to sign, oh well, it's a 6th rounder. But I offer him as much guaranteed money and as big of a signing bonus as I can to coax him into signing. At this point in the draft, the risk is worth it.
215. Ifo Ekpre-Olomu CB Oregon - Another guy dealing with an injury but might as well take a shot on his talent here. See how he can develop at CB.
224. Donald Celiscar FS Western Michigan - Draft him to convert him to FS. Love his feet, his twitch, and his physicality but may not have the long speed to stay at CB.
227. Taiwan Jones SLB Michigan State - Big and very strong, didn't time well in his speed but is reportedly a high character player that is unafraid to attack blockers and stack blocks up in the hole.

Well.......I would have liked the Gurley and Smelter selections.:unsure:

Athos

Legend
I spend as much time on this as just about anything - but in the end, you have to step back and realize that hobbies are hobbies and jobs are jobs.

That's where we just disagree. The NFL draft is so suspect, "experts" don't even exist imo. Your hardcore football fan stands just as much chance at picking as good if not better, collection of players in a given year than guys paid to do it.

Especially before Snisher came along even a 10 year old playing the guessing game could have had better drafts.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
That's where we just disagree. The NFL draft is so suspect, "experts" don't even exist imo. Your hardcore football fan stands just as much chance at picking as good if not better, collection of players in a given year than guys paid to do it.

Especially before Snisher came along even a 10 year old playing the guessing game could have had better drafts.

But you have so much less information than they do. Thy have access to the players themselves, their former coaches, former teammates, video of their practices, all 22 film of just about every game ...

I know that every 'expert' misses - a lot - but that doesn't mean that your guess is as good as theirs.

Then again, maybe it is.

All I know is that my guess isn't as educated of a guess as theirs. And for that reason, I tend to defer - even when I disagree.

Of course, had they taken Peat's soft ass at 10, I may be singing a different tune.

Athos

Legend
But you have so much less information than they do. Thy have access to the players themselves, their former coaches, former teammates, video of their practices, all 22 film of just about every game ...

I honestly think they fall in love with the information too much. And combines, etc. I trust my eyes when I see a player I really like play.

I nailed the Donald pick. Bailey pick. Been right so far on Austin. Nailed it on Gaines. etc.

I don't think these guys need to be worshipped. So many make some dumbass decisions.