2015 NFL Combine

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
But this would be a different scenario. Rather than bringing in an old lineman to rely on. We'd be bringing him in as a bridge for a young OT. I think we stand a better chance than in the former scenario because we're not paying them a bunch of money and relying on them to be the guy for us.

Plus, prior to this injury, Roos had been a really durable and reliable OT.

It really is all a mute point till we know if Barks will be a Ram next year or not. If Barks leaves, Roos would be a good bridge, even if for just half a season. Havenstein would be a good bridge for a 3rd-4th rounder(if we recoup a 4th round pick somehow and we dont grab him in the 3rd). Other good options like Williams(OKL) or Smith(Penn) could be great future options if we grab Roos.

One thing I like about the Roos option is that he'd come at a decent price since he is up their in age and he has ties to Fisher.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Dorsett is smooth. One of the things that people really raved about at the Senior Bowl. And I love Hilton. He's a guy that just destroys man coverage.

]I havent done my homework on him as much as I should have. I will take your word on him in regards to Dorsett. Still think its a reach but will move him up a bit. I think Hilton is a better #2 than a #1.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I havent done my homework on him as much as I should have. I will take your word on him in regards to Dorsett. Still think its a reach but will move him up a bit. I think Hilton is a better #2 than a #1.

#1 or #2...doesn't matter to me. He's getting the job done. ;)

But hey, I'm looking forward to all the draft convos over the next couple months between us. Should be fun. (y)

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
#1 or #2...doesn't matter to me. He's getting the job done. ;)

But hey, I'm looking forward to all the draft convos over the next couple months between us. Should be fun. (y)
Agree my man, will only get better.

Question for you. If Scherff and Cooper are available at #10, who you taking at this point? I'm taking Cooper.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Agree my man, will only get better.

Question for you. If Scherff and Cooper are available at #10, who you taking at this point? I'm taking Cooper.

Not even a question. There isn't a guy in this draft I'm taking over Cooper(excluding the two QBs).

I wouldn't take Scherff at #10, I'd try to trade down if he were the best option.(if I couldn't, I guess I'd take him)

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Not even a question. There isn't a guy in this draft I'm taking over Cooper(excluding the two QBs).

I wouldn't take Scherff at #10, I'd try to trade down if he were the best option.(if I couldn't, I guess I'd take him)

Agree on the qb's ofc. I'd take Scherff at 10 if Cooper gone. If we get a trade down I'd take flowers

Athos

Legend
Last year had 5 WRs off the board in the 1st. That could very well happen again.

Parker
White
Cooper

All gone in the 1st.

If DGB makes a good impression of maturity and growth, he's gone by the late 1st. That's 4.

I don't really want a slot guy as I think we have that in Bailey and use Cook a lot in that role. I want a guy that can work outside. Fewer on those in this draft.

Smelter is really the only interest I have after the 1st round guys are gone/2nd round guys that might be gone before we pick again.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Beasley ran a 4.53. As I said, he keeps showing why he should be a top 5 pick.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...s-st-louis-rams-must-have-on-their-short-list

5 Combine Studs St. Louis Rams Must Have on Their Short List
By Steven Gerwel, Featured Columnist Feb 21, 2015

NFL combine signals the start of the long NFL offseason. It allows scouts and general managers to get a glimpse at potential stud prospects and formulate an offseason plan.

The St. Louis Rams will analyze the combine results and attempt to find the best overall option for the No. 10 overall draft pick. The combine not only gives a team a chance to see players perform on the field, but it's an opportunity to interview the athletes and get a feel for their character.

This article will highlight several players who aced the combine. These players got the job done and will shoot up draft boards for every NFL team.

Based on the results, these five players are clear fits for St. Louis. Either they play a position of great need or have too much raw talent to pass up.

T Ereck Flowers, Miami (Fla.)
hi-res-6e8cc02ba8e0ac53bf1b2ffe4b38ddf5_crop_north.jpg

David J. Phillip/Associated Press

The Rams need offensive line help in the worst way. Luckily, Miami's Ereck Flowers used the combine to establish himself as an exciting option at No. 10 overall.

He blew everyone away with a combine-high 37 reps on the bench press. His 6'6", 329-pound frame is also quite impressive.

Flowers is a remarkable run-blocker who knows how to pave roads, much like Greg Robinson—St. Louis' No. 2 overall pick in 2014. In other words, he's perfect for the run-first mentality the Rams are trying to instill on offense.

However, he's not flawless. Flowers is not refined in pass protection and will struggle to contain top-notch pass-rushers as a rookie. That's a hard fact to overlook considering quarterback health is a monumental concern in St. Louis.

If the Rams feel confident they can polish Flowers' pass protection, he'll inevitably be part of the discussion when St. Louis is on the clock in Round 1.

RB Jeremy Langford, Michigan State
hi-res-f3543d816a58adf8709fe7ff4afd686b_crop_north.jpg

Brandon Wade/Associated Press

This is an excellent draft for skill position players on offense. The class features a pair of exciting backs—Wisconsin's Melvin Gordon and Georgia's Todd Gurley—to go along with a plethora of potential No. 1 receivers.

Not only are there blue-chip players, but both positions also boast formidable depth. There are starting-caliber receivers and backs to be had beyond Day 1. Jeremy Langford is one of those guys.

He finished first among backs with a 4.42-second 40-yard dash. He demonstrated the shiftiness and breakaway speed that the Rams could use at running back. At 6'0" and 208 pounds, he's similar to other well-rounded prospects St. Louis favored in the past, such as Isaiah Pead and Tre Mason. He's quick but can take a hit, and he's strong but has speed.

Langford is also a workhorse on the field. He finished with 1,422 yards and 18 touchdowns in 2013, and he followed that up with 1,522 yards and 22 touchdowns last season.

With Mason, Benny Cunningham and Zac Stacy already on the roster, there's certainly no immediate need for a back. However, the Rams desire a run-first approach, so drafting a back is never out of the question.

OL La'el Collins, LSU
hi-res-eb859c8bcbcfff35df9c5aa4a44010c5_crop_north.jpg

Julio Cortez/Associated Press

The Rams need offensive line help, but more specifically, they need help at guard. After La'el Collins' combine performance, it's hard to argue against him being the best guard of the class.

He was clocked at 5.12 seconds in the 40-yard dash—an impressive time for a big man—and he also displayed his agility in the three-cone drill (7.7 seconds) and the 20-yard shuttle (4.63 seconds).

Collins plays with an edge and knows how to bully defenders when run blocking. That's exactly what this offense needs to spark a healthy run game. His pass protection is less impressive but still above-average.

St. Louis' No. 10 pick might be too high for a guard, but Collins is an excellent target in a trade-down scenario.

LB Vic Beasley, Clemson
hi-res-aa7af13755d0adbf5581cd63d8d236cc_crop_north.jpg

John Raoux/Associated Press

Vic Beasley is a dark-horse candidate for the Rams that few have discussed, but his solid showing at the combine could change that.

He finished as a top performer at his position with 35 reps on the bench press—good for first among linebackers. He also had impressive weigh-in measurables at 6'3" and 246 pounds.

It's almost absurd to think the Rams will use the top pick on a defender with the team having so many offensive holes, but it's still a possibility. Regardless of perceived needs, we can't forget that defensive-minded coaches operate this franchise. Going with a defender in the first is always a possibility with Jeff Fisher at the helm.

That's not necessarily a bad thing. If the team addresses the offensive line heavily in free agency, the Rams can likely afford to use a top pick on a defensive stud. That's not what fans want to hear, but it's something to keep in mind.

Beasley is a strong run-stopper and great at making plays behind the line of scrimmage. He accumulated more than 10 sacks and 20 tackles for loss in each of his last two seasons.

The primary concern at this point is scheme. It's still debatable whether Beasley fits better as a 4-3 outside backer or a 3-4 pass-rusher. If it's the former, Beasley could be the final piece to St. Louis' ferocious front seven.

WR Kevin White, West Virginia
hi-res-f76ea219ee3db90ef068b0eeabc47dbe_crop_north.jpg

Mark Humphrey/Associated Press

Despite my past sentiments regarding the extraordinary talent of Oklahoma's Dorial Green-Beckham, it may be time for St. Louis to forget DGB and focus on the new hot commodity at wide receiver—West Virginia's Kevin White.

Wide receiver is an underrated need in St. Louis. It's easy to assume that Brian Quick will effortlessly overcome his shoulder injury and the team will re-sign Kenny Britt, but those are dangerous assumptions—especially for a team that averaged just 212.5 aerial yards per game last season (23rd in the NFL).

Protecting Sam Bradford is obviously a priority, but it'll take more than offensive linemen to keep him upright. The team needs competent receivers who are capable of getting open and running crisp routes. That won't be possible if Quick is incapable of regaining his 2014 form.

West Virginia's Kevin White would be a nice insurance policy. Even if Britt and Quick excel for the Rams in 2015, the team would still have use for White next season and beyond. Quick will be a free agent this time next year, and it's unlikely the team will rely solely on Britt as the long-term No. 1.

There's a lot to be excited about when it comes to White, who destroyed the combine. He tied for third among receivers with a 4.35-second 40-yard dash and tied for first with 23 reps on the bench press.

White is no mere workout warrior either. He shredded secondaries all season long with 1,447 yards and 10 touchdowns in 2014.

Not to mention, the Rams have two other West Virginia receivers on the roster—Tavon Austin and Stedman Bailey—and that will certainly help White feel at home.

No one is saying the Rams should pencil in White as the top target at No. 10, but he should be high on the board. Wide receiver is not the team's top need, but White is a nice consolation prize if the elite players are all gone at No. 10.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Well we don't know what the plan in free agency is yet and they still could get two Olinemen in rounds 2 and 3. My guess is if Winston were to fall he is the no brainer. Otherwise it is BPA all the way with the tenth pick, or as Snead says find the top ten or twelve guys line up the biggest needs and hope that there is a match at 10 BPA at a position of need.

FA could bring in one Guard or a Center. If we are lucky maybe both. It would take pressure off of making that pick. If they resign Barksdale then that is all they need to go along with him.

I would not want them to force an Oline pick. If they feel the value is not there then trade back and in that case it would look like Oline would be the first rounder.

Rams have glaring gaping holes in their OL with a very fragile QB. No BPA in round one is going to help this team over come that or help us win. Rams can not afford to field another NO Talent patched up OL.

Rams also can not afford to get entangled with several high cap hit UFA's now when they will face a serious extra large Ram UFA's cadre next season. The best way to improve this team so they can win is fix the OL in this draft with a few mid range cost UFA signings. Now if one of those two QB's are attainable with our first pick...yes you can not miss that opportunity but they have to get this OL upgraded vastly.

Oh by the way..Joe Barksdale is not a good ORT fit for a fragile QB like Sam.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I actually prefer Flowers at this point over Peat. Think he would be better at RT or Guard. Could be horribly wrong though, Peat is no slouch, thats for sure.

Goodness no. Unlike Flowers, Peat's proved himself in college. Flowers is all athletic potential. Nothing more.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don

Agreed no way we can afford to leave cooper on the board at 10 or White for that matter. If we don't somehow trade down we need to grab 1 of the 4 top skill position guys (2QB's-2WR's) if nothing changes between now and then

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
Well, naming just guys that I like(i.e. I'd draft somewhere):
1. Amari Cooper
2. Kevin White
3. DeVante Parker
4. Dorial Green-Beckham
5. Rashad Greene
6. DeAndre Smelter
7. Devin Smith
8. Phillip Dorsett
9. Nelson Agholor
10. Kenny Bell
11. Jamison Crowder(slot)
12. Justin Hardy(slot)
13. Josh Harper(slot)
14. Tre McBride
15. Antwan Goodley
16. Tyler Lockett(slot)
17. Vince Mayle

Then a lot of people like Jaelen Strong, Sammie Coates, Devin Funchess(I think he needs to play as a flex TE), and Breshad Perriman. There's also Chris Conley who destroyed the combine with a 4.35 40, a 45 inch vertical jump, and a 11 foot 7 inch broad jump at 6'2" 215.

Hell, I like Perriman but I think he needs to find the right scheme...which ours is not.

I think there's depth in this class.
Nice List, I really like Smith he could be a very nice WR also if DGB could put it together WOW he is a Silky Smooth Athlete.

Athos

Legend
Nice List, I really like Smith he could be a very nice WR also if DGB could put it together WOW he is a Silky Smooth Athlete.

At worst, Devin Smith will probably prove to be a massive upgrade over Givens. Unlike Givens, Smith has ball skills with the ball in his hands and is just more athletic in general. Givens is a stiff, straight line speed guy. Smith looks to have more wiggle.

A guy who can run a 9 would be nice. But then, you need a QB who can complete a 9 and no one on roster but Sam has that ability.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
A guy who can run a 9 would be nice. But then, you need a QB who can complete a 9 and no one on roster but Sam has that ability.

Watching Britt run deep and wide open and either have a bad pass thrown to him or not thrown to at all was one of the most painful things about last year. Seriously happened more times that I can count. No doubt Bradford woulda got him the ball easily. Was about 10 td's left on the table due to poor QB play.

Might explain part of why Givens wasn't used to much, no one would be able to get him the ball deep. Seems the furthest Hill/Davis can throw it isnt even that far.

jjab360

Legend
Really dissapointed in the 40s for these LBers who I thought might be 2nd/3rd round targets for the Rams