2013 Draft: Rams select #16 and #22

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
ScotsRam said:
Somebody needs to help me out with my man-love for Lacy. Is he coming out this year, and if he is, where is he projected to go? I really need to get into college football but it's so damn big!

Yes, Lacy declared for the draft this year. He's projected as a mid-to-late second-round prospect. I think he's more of a third round prospect, though; he's not as talented as Trent Richardson, Mark Ingram, or even the guy behind him, T.J. Yeldon. He's running behind an offensive line that helps him out more than anyone else in the country; there are going to be three guys on that line who will not fall past the second round. Still, he runs with good power, good vision, and very good speed for his size. I understand why you like him as a prospect.

Username said:
I don't think any of these safetys deserve a 1st round grade btw

I have to disagree when it comes to Vaccaro; there are a lot of scouts who are comparing him to Rodney Harrison and a bigger Troy Polamalu. Safeties like that always deserve a first round grade. Elam's also making a case to be a first rounder, although I could see him as a very early second round prospect. He's a top forty prospect for sure.

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Tyler Eifert HAS to get picked. The film I've seen on him is rediculous in terms of speed, super glue like hands on the football and tremendous leaping ability. He is huge but runs like an antelope. Quick slant for short yardage from Sam, just throw it high and he'll get it. Long passes, he can out jump the coverage and holds onto the ball in a crowd hitting the ground.
Am I crazy or is this guy in the same class as Tony Gonzales?
Will he fall off the face of the earth at the NFL level?

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
Memento said:
ScotsRam said:
Somebody needs to help me out with my man-love for Lacy. Is he coming out this year, and if he is, where is he projected to go? I really need to get into college football but it's so damn big!

Yes, Lacy declared for the draft this year. He's projected as a mid-to-late second-round prospect. I think he's more of a third round prospect, though; he's not as talented as Trent Richardson, Mark Ingram, or even the guy behind him, T.J. Yeldon. He's running behind an offensive line that helps him out more than anyone else in the country; there are going to be three guys on that line who will not fall past the second round. Still, he runs with good power, good vision, and very good speed for his size. I understand why you like him as a prospect.

Username said:
I don't think any of these safetys deserve a 1st round grade btw

I have to disagree when it comes to Vaccaro; there are a lot of scouts who are comparing him to Rodney Harrison and a bigger Troy Polamalu. Safeties like that always deserve a first round grade. Elam's also making a case to be a first rounder, although I could see him as a very early second round prospect. He's a top forty prospect for sure.

I agree, but I don't think he's in the same realm of a Earl Thomas or an Eric Berry coming out. I love the way he plays, and he could certainly develop into a great player, but as of right now I wouldn't use a first rounder on him. I think Mikells performance last year would be on par with what he could bring his 1st year, and personally think we could get much better elsewhere right away.

That's all just my opinion btw obviously. Here's a good article on him. http://www.footballoutsiders.com/future ... ny-vacarro Can't say I wouldn't love to have him, but not in the first round.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
RamsSince1969 said:
Tyler Eifert HAS to get picked. The film I've seen on him is rediculous in terms of speed, super glue like hands on the football and tremendous leaping ability. He is huge but runs like an antelope. Quick slant for short yardage from Sam, just throw it high and he'll get it. Long passes, he can out jump the coverage and holds onto the ball in a crowd hitting the ground.

This is a guy I like too.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
CGI_Ram said:
RamsSince1969 said:

This is a guy I like too.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

Yes Eifert looks like a piece of our puzzle. Lacy is tempting too but only in the 3rd round. Of course, I like Rex Burkhead from Nebraska and I think he may be able to be stolen early in the 6th.