2013 Draft: Rams select #16 and #22

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Thank you Washington.

Who might we take?

Here is WalterFootball.com's take:
http://walterfootball.com/draft2013.php

Here is CBS.com ranking of the prospects:
1 *Luke Joeckel OT 1 Texas A&M Jr 6-6 310 1
2 *Bjoern Werner DE 1 Florida State Jr 6-4 256 1
3 *Jarvis Jones OLB 1 Georgia rJr 6-2 242 1
4 Manti Te'o ILB 1 Notre Dame Sr 6-2 255 1
5 *Dee Milliner CB 1 Alabama Jr 6-1 198 1
6 *Damontre Moore DE 2 Texas A&M Jr 6-4 250 1
7 *Barkevious Mingo OLB 2 LSU rJr 6-4 240 1
8 *Jake Matthews OT 2 Texas A&M Jr 6-5 305 1
9 Star Lotulelei DT 1 Utah Sr 6-3 320 1
10 *Taylor Lewan OT 3 Michigan rJr 6-7 310 1
11 Geno Smith QB 1 West Virginia Sr 6-3 220 1
12 Chance Warmack OG 1 Alabama Sr 6-2 322 1
13 Eric Fisher OT 4 Central Michigan Sr 6-7 305 1
14 *Johnathan Hankins DT 2 Ohio State Jr 6-3 320 1
15 Jonathan Cooper OG 2 North Carolina rSr 6-3 310 1
16 *Keenan Allen WR 1 California Jr 6-3 210 1
17 *Sheldon Richardson DT 3 Missouri rJr 6-3 295 1
18 *Sam Montgomery DE 3 LSU rJr 6-5 260 1
19 *Xavier Rhodes CB 2 Florida State rJr 6-1 217 1
20 Jesse Williams DT 4 Alabama Sr 6-3 320 1
21 Matt Barkley QB 2 Southern California Sr 6-2 230 1
22 Alex Okafor DE 4 Texas Sr 6-5 265 1
23 *Tyler Eifert TE 1 Notre Dame rJr 6-5 252 1
24 *Kevin Minter ILB 2 LSU rJr 6-1 245 1
25 Ezekiel Ansah DE 5 Brigham Young Sr 6-5 270 1

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Matt Barkley and Gino Smith.

Boom. Championship.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
Game is afoot now.

at 16
Allen.
Warmack
Te'o
Patterson.
Fisher
At 22
Any safety you want.
Williams.
Etc.

Every draft about 5 players come out of nowhere and blow up the combine. They usually ended up sucking as pros, but when drafting middle to late first it lets more talent drift down.

Sneed can earn his pay this draft. Trade is possible.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Yamahopper said:
Game is afoot now.

at 16
Allen.
Warmack
Te'o
Patterson.
Fisher
At 22
Any safety you want.
Williams.
Etc.

Every draft about 5 players come out of nowhere and blow up the combine. They usually ended up sucking as pros, but when drafting middle to late first it lets more talent drift down.

I could get behind Jesse Williams as a pick. He's got so much potential to be great, and he hasn't even been playing football that long. I could see him blowing up the Combine, though, so we may not have a shot at him.

By the way, CBS has to be smoking something; there's no way that Barkevious Mingo is a better prospect than Star Lotulelei in any way, shape, or form.

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
I'd love to end up with Jake Mathews. The First Family of football, and we need that help at RT. It's a win.

Memento

Name
Jemma
Warner4Prez said:
I'd love to end up with Jake Mathews. The First Family of football, and we need that help at RT. It's a win.

I think Matthews went back to school; he's going to be the left tackle next year, so it'll give him a chance to up his draft stock.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Mathews, but he is looking that he goes back to school. and Vaccaro would be nice. I'd also love Eifert and Ertz for TE. I don't think Eifert makes it to us in the 2nd, but Ertz could. Rambo is a good second choice at FS if Vaccaro is gone (wouldn't be shocked) by that time. I think if we take an OT in the first round it's more likely to be Eric Fisher. Or Lewan if he drops for some reason.

If Mathews does go in and falls to 16, I'd take him. if not, then I'd take Fisher. He's a big guy (6'7) pretty good in pass protection, and Boudreau can probably make him into something really good. I'd probably take Eifert at 22 even (if Vaccaro is gone) and then Rambo in the second round.

Then we get a big OT, a big pass catching TE, and a good FS. All areas of need.

An elite pass catching TE will probably help out Bradford more than a WR.

lasvegasrams

Rookie
i really think with all the draft busts at o-line that the rams should either use 16 and 22 on o-line, or one of those picks along with a 2nd rounder just to get some depth.

Memento

Name
Jemma
bluecoconuts said:
Mathews, but he is looking that he goes back to school. and Vaccaro would be nice. I'd also love Eifert and Ertz for TE. I don't think Eifert makes it to us in the 2nd, but Ertz could. Rambo is a good second choice at FS if Vaccaro is gone (wouldn't be shocked) by that time. I think if we take an OT in the first round it's more likely to be Eric Fisher. Or Lewan if he drops for some reason.

If Mathews does go in and falls to 16, I'd take him. if not, then I'd take Fisher. He's a big guy (6'7) pretty good in pass protection, and Boudreau can probably make him into something really good. I'd probably take Eifert at 22 even (if Vaccaro is gone) and then Rambo in the second round.

Then we get a big OT, a big pass catching TE, and a good FS. All areas of need.

An elite pass catching TE will probably help out Bradford more than a WR.

Ertz would probably make it to us in the second, but I really like Fauria as well. Rambo intrigues me, as well as Phillip Thomas (Fresno State). I don't think Lewan falls to us after his performance against Clowney in the bowl game; if anything, he's going top ten because of it.

I don't think Fisher uses a first round pick on an offensive lineman anyway; that's something he's never done. I think it's much more likely that we double-dip at safety and linebacker.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Memento said:
I don't think Fisher uses a first round pick on an offensive lineman anyway; that's something he's never done. I think it's much more likely that we double-dip at safety and linebacker.

Yeah, that's why I'm usually hesitant to look at O-Line in the first round. It may depend on who is available though.

Wouldn't mind getting an OLB and S either though. Biggest thing is getting better.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
Memento said:
Yamahopper said:
Game is afoot now.

at 16
Allen.
Warmack
Te'o
Patterson.
Fisher
At 22
Any safety you want.
Williams.
Etc.

I could get behind Jesse Williams as a pick. He's got so much potential to be great, and he hasn't even been playing football that long. I could see him blowing up the Combine, though, so we may not have a shot at him.

By the way, CBS has to be smoking something; there's no way that Barkevious Mingo is a better prospect than Star Lotulelei in any way, shape, or form.

Lotuelei is a better prospect than Mingo. But Mingo should go first because he plays a more premium position. Every team wants pass rushers. Mingo can get after the QB and can play in 3-4 or even in a 4-3. I'd take him in a second if he was there when the Rams pick. Can't have enough pass rushers.
So you say, hey they have Long and Quinn where would he play? Did you see how well Long and Quinn rushed while standing up against the Seahags? If you had those 3 on the field next year you might get 70 sacks.

All the QB's suck in this draft. Barkley if freakin Jimmy Clausen. But at least 3 or 4 will go before the Rams pick due to needy QB poor teams. That helps the Rams.

Willams is nice, would be a huge help.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
1a Jonathan Cooper
1b Deandre Hopkins
2. Eric Reid
3. Brennan Williams

I'm seriously just picking these because Snead said people would be shocked. I'd be shocked with this one (in a good way)

Also, they have made quite a few scouting trips to NC...I imagine that's because of Cooper and Williams. Rams need pass protection, Cooper is better with the pass than Warmack.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I would love to pull an OLB and S out of those first two picks, but I have no problem taking the BPA from DT, TE, RB, WR, or OT.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
DR RAM said:
I would love to pull an OLB and S out of those first two picks, but I have no problem taking the BPA from DT, TE, RB, WR, or OT.

Agree, except I don't see RB on the Rams list.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
CGI_Ram said:
DR RAM said:

Agree, except I don't see RB on the Rams list.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
They may feel fine at RB if SJ signs another deal. I wish Richardson and Pead got a few more carries, but Jackson really had ANOTHER good season.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
St. Louis Rams: Kenny Vaccaro, S, Texas
I don't know if the Rams necessarily go with a receiver anymore. Chris Givens looked great, and then there's Danny Amendola. By taking a wideout in the first round, St. Louis would be giving up on Brian Quick after one year. I don't think the front office will do that unless it's smitten with a particular receiver.

The Rams' defense was great, but they have a couple of areas they need to address. One such spot is the safety position. Craig Dahl must be upgraded.

lol Why in the hell would anyone think that?

I don't think any of these safetys deserve a 1st round grade btw

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
Somebody needs to help me out with my man-love for Lacy. Is he coming out this year, and if he is, where is he projected to go? I really need to get into college football but it's so damn big!

TK42-RAM

... still not at my post.
Memento said:
Yamahopper said:
Game is afoot now.

at 16
Allen.
Warmack
Te'o
Patterson.
Fisher
At 22
Any safety you want.
Williams.
Etc.

This. Go for the Aussie !! Breed 'em tough down here ! ;)