2012 Playoffs thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Anonymous

RamsSince1969 said:
I can't help but think, as a Rams fan, Eli Manning must be made out of steel. Or, was it the fact it was a true sod field and that is much better on the player to absorb the hit? Everytime Sam gets hit, I think he could be out for the season or at least a few games, but Eli just gets up like a train didn't hit him. It's gotta be the artificial turf contributing significantly to the Rams injuries, it's gotta be. I know injuries happen on the road too, but I would like to see Eli play eight games at the dome and see if he stands up to the test through the entire season.

I think you're right. The hits Eli took had to be cushioned by the wet field.

JdashSTL

Pro Bowler
RamsSince1969 said:
I can't help but think, as a Rams fan, Eli Manning must be made out of steel. Or, was it the fact it was a true sod field and that is much better on the player to absorb the hit? Everytime Sam gets hit, I think he could be out for the season or at least a few games, but Eli just gets up like a train didn't hit him. It's gotta be the artificial turf contributing significantly to the Rams injuries, it's gotta be. I know injuries happen on the road too, but I would like to see Eli play eight games at the dome and see if he stands up to the test through the entire season.

Why are people still concerned about this? It was an ankle injury, and everyone got to see how much that affected Big Ben as well. In his rookie season, he was one of 2 QBs to take every snap for their team. Ive seen him take plenty of shots and bounce right back up.

The Giants do play on turf at home.

I recall a big issue with leg/knee injuries at the dome, and didnt they change the turf to help reduce them?

steferfootball

Starter
JdashSTL said:
RamsSince1969 said:

Why are people still concerned about this? It was an ankle injury, and everyone got to see how much that affected Big Ben as well. In his rookie season, he was one of 2 QBs to take every snap for their team. Ive seen him take plenty of shots and bounce right back up.

I recall a big issue with leg/knee injuries at the dome, and didnt they change the turf to help reduce them?
I remember someone calling Sam "Injury Prone" after he missed like 4 snaps after the Eagles game. :sly:

JdashSTL

Pro Bowler
steferfootball said:
JdashSTL said:
RamsSince1969 said:

I remember someone calling Sam "Injury Prone" after he missed like 4 snaps after the Eagles game. :sly:

For me, the concern was always the throwing shoulder, not his durability. Thats it. It hasnt been an issue.