20 Random Weighed, Measured, but Slightly Wanting Thoughts

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
The Williams mistake was the one that changed the complexion of the game. We were driving for a score. Instead they end up with 3 points. That was a minimum 6 point swing. Possibly 10 point swing. Instead of being up 3 or 7 we're down 3 points.

So if you're a silver lining person then you can look at that one play as possibly the reason for the loss. We played the consensus best team toe to toe and could have won.

We're clearly better than we thought.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
The difference between the 1st half and 2nd was night and day for the Rams d. They were in their face, beating blocks and making tackles for short or no gains every time that little turd threw a short pass out wide. 2nd half came and the attitude was different. By the time dumbo scored his mandatory td against the Rams the d looked exactly the same as it always has in this losing streak. Bad tacking, bad angles, bad attitude.

That awful defensive stand in the last minute of the 1st half totally changed the game. No timeouts and they let that little turd march down the field and score a td? Hopeless.

Same thing happened in last game of the regular season in the superbowl season. All over them then a horrible defensive stand in the last minute in the half propelled the whiners in the 2nd half.

Why can't they just keep doing what they were doing for the first 29 minutes of the half?

Seems like a lot of coaches choose to use that prevent style defense at the end of games. Not sure why because it usually doesn't work

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Seems like a lot of coaches choose to use that prevent style defense at the end of games. Not sure why because it usually doesn't work
Yep, it's the ol' "Prevent your team from winning" defense......

brucebruce

Rookie
I think it's reasonable to assume that Brock hits those in time. So we better step it up.

so qbs always continue to become more accurate on deep passes as their careers progress? and they do not regress in any way at the same time?

WestCoastRam

Legend
so qbs always continue to become more accurate on deep passes as their careers progress? and they do not regress in any way at the same time?
I don't know you but I'll assume a reasonable level of intelligence. You know the answer to this. I think there are far more interesting questions you could ask.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Exactly. He's small and weak and if teams start coordinating blitzes with short zones to sit on his outlet passes, he's done for.
I really want to see how he fares against Dallas’ D… they blitz constantly and just bring tons of pressure

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I really want to see how he fares against Dallas’ D… they blitz constantly and just bring tons of pressure
Their RT, Colton McKivitz, will get destroyed by Micah Parsons.

*Pretty much the only time I pull for Dallas is when they play the 49ers.

oldnotdead

Legend
Maybe because of Morris not wanting to give up the big plays so his coaching gives up multiples. How many times have we seen this but people keep thinking he's a good DC. IMO he's the weak link on this team and he proved it once again.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
Last night i saw pitsburg play prevent till the browns crossed midfield. Then they blitz. Caused the QB to throw the ball away . Then a sack and game over.
Its the one time in the game you are more than likely to see pass. So Dline cam pin their ears back to get a sack and not let the QB pick you apart.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Maybe because of Morris not wanting to give up the big plays so his coaching gives up multiples. How many times have we seen this but people keep thinking he's a good DC. IMO he's the weak link on this team and he proved it once again.
I’m not sure I’m getting your point. When you say “multiples,” what are you referring to?

I think our small sample size for the 2023 defense looks promising. Heck… if we could just get a bounce (2 fumbles and a botched shotgun produced zero turnovers!) it might look great!