20 Random Truth Hits Everybody Thoughts

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
1. The truth emerges in a favorable matchup. The Rams, troubled though they are, are not a sub-.500/non-playoff team.

2. The offense is still not where it needs to be, but found some success today with a patch-work OL, some creative play calling, and Cooper Kupp finally getting some help.

3. And the truth is... the defense is playing good football. Since the Week 1 debacle, they are giving up just over 16 points a game. When Week 6 ends, they'll be in the Top 10 in yards/game allowed. If they can find (or trade for) another pass-rusher and force a few more turnovers, they can be... dare I say... elite?

4. "Another pass-rusher? Ahem!" - Jalen Ramsey.

5. The truth hit several NFC rivals today as well...

6. The 49ers finally succumbed to their own rash of injuries, getting soundly beaten by the... wait... the Falcons? More truth next week against an angry Chiefs team.

7. The Packers truth is that Aaron Rodgers can't do it alone. They currently have only 3 more points than we do.

8. Truth has hit the Bucs too. Brady is a year older, his skill players have been banged up, and his OL has problems. But for a phantom roughing penalty, they could be on a 4 game skid.

9. The truth is, while the Eagles and Cowboys (battling as I type) are off to great starts, the rest of last year's NFC playoff field has a combined record of 14-16.

10. The truth is, success is hard to sustain.

11. So now we get a much-needed respite. Time to review, relax, renew, retool and reload. Alliteration aside, I think this could be an eventful two weeks.

12. I don't know exactly what to make of the Cam Akers' situation, but I have my theories. Last year, the Rams abruptly ended their association with Desean Jackson, seemingly due to his poor attitude when relegated to a limited role. Is Cam's situation similar? And, if so, does McVay see this as a needed opportunity to "sent a message" and reiterate the "we, not me" philosophy?

13. I don't put any stock in talk of trading for guys like Christian McCaffrey. I do think we'll be in the market for a RB, but not one with CMC's price tag.

14. The Rams took an unconventional route towards an 111 yard team rushing performance, with over half the yards coming from WRs (Skowronek, Kupp, Powell and Atwell).

15. Allen Robinson had his best game as a Ram. As much as I loved the TD catch and sideline gem, my favorite moment came on Skowronek's TD. Robinson made two blocks to spring Skow, and then sprinted to the endzone to join the celebration of Skow's first NFL TD. That was a great team moment for him.

16. The truth about Joe Noteboom that many feared - his perceived inability to stay healthy for a full season - has hit hard (apparent Achilles tear). AJ Jackson seemed to fare well moving over to the LT. That's encouraging, but I also think the name Eric Fisher will come up in the next two weeks. If he's healthy and ready to play, I'd definitely consider adding him.

17. Absent an addition, could an OL (knock on wood... getting and staying healthy) of Jackson, Shelton, Allen, Aboushi and Havenstein be enough? I don't know answer, but I sure would like to see that OL... heck, any OL grouping... play together for a few weeks.

18. The Rams will be playing for the NFC West lead in two weeks. That's the truth.

19. The Eagles and Bills look like the clear favorites at the moment, but remember... its a LONG season. Their truth may come yet.

20. Okay... how many of you are old enough to realize that my theme this week was a deep cut by The Police? For those who do, stay tuned for a two week period leading up to the trade deadline. McVay and Snead may, at some point, be inviting us to take a look at a new toy that will blow our heads in two, oh boy.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
15. Allen Robinson had his best game as a Ram. As much as I loved the TD catch and sideline gem, my favorite moment came on Skowronek's TD. Robinson made two blocks to spring Skow, and then sprinted to the endzone to join the celebration of Skow's first NFL TD. That was a great team moment for him.

The sideline catch too. Loved that, and that's exactly the vision a lot of us had for Robinson when he was signed.

More, please.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Outlandos d'Amour is a wildly underrated album, imho.

Good, sane list.

I think this defense is doing pretty well.. but I think they're a far way off from elite. They've played, outside of Buffalo, shitty offenses. You could make the argument that the 9ers weren't shitty.. but the rest are.
The good news is that the Rams have two weeks to get healthier on that side of the ball.. seem to be growing every game.. and, please, God, please.. should be making a move for an Edge player in the next few days.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Outlandos d'Amour is a wildly underrated album, imho.

Good, sane list.

I think this defense is doing pretty well.. but I think they're a far way off from elite. They've played, outside of Buffalo, shitty offenses. You could make the argument that the 9ers weren't shitty.. but the rest are.
The good news is that the Rams have two weeks to get healthier on that side of the ball.. seem to be growing every game.. and, please, God, please.. should be making a move for an Edge player in the next few days.

I'm guessing that Daniel Hardy will be back after the BYE, although probably not what you are looking for.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
I'm guessing that Daniel Hardy will be back after the BYE, although probably not what you are looking for.
I mean.. They need some juice.. so, why not?
But they could, in all reality, use 2 more edge rushers. Just getting NOTHING there. Only two sacks today.. that's.... awful.

TexasRam

Legend
The Truth is we don't know if this defense is good enough. After the Bills we played a career backup (Mariotta), a Cards team that can't score TD's without Hopkins, A Dallas team with a backup QB and Jimmy G string who lost his starting job.

We absolutely need a pass rusher.

Regarding #19 - Agreed, these early records are deceptive. Better to be hot and healthy later in the season then early.

Count me in the camp that prioritizes a pass rusher over a RB. We won the Super Bowl with these two mediocre backs. But Miller was a key player in the run.

SWAdude

And don't call me Shirley
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
John
20 random truths is a very accurate title.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
I mean.. They need some juice.. so, why not?
But they could, in all reality, use 2 more edge rushers. Just getting NOTHING there. Only two sacks today.. that's.... awful.

I really expected better out of Floyd this year. Lewis & Hollins also struggled in the 49'er game, Raheem Morris has his work cut out for himself over these next few weeks while we all hope that Snead can pull another rabbit out of his hat.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
I really expected better out of Floyd this year. Lewis & Hollins also struggled in the 49'er game, Raheem Morris has his work cut out for himself over these next few weeks while we all hope that Snead can pull another rabbit out of his hat.
Same.
They also get Bobby Brown back. I hope he can help by taking some snaps off the plate for Gaines & Donald.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Outlandos d'Amour is a wildly underrated album, imho

It was easily their best album.

Their last album was easily their worst. Horrible songs from sting. No wonder the band broke up after it's release. It was supposed to be The Police, not Sting's easy listening tunes for the oldies with his back up band.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Their last album was easily their worst. Horrible songs from sting. No wonder the band broke up after it's release. It was supposed to be The Police, not Sting's easy listening tunes for the oldies with his back up band.

While I do like Synchronicity, I agree that it’s a totally different style compared to their early, garage-band/rock-reggae sound.

Really fond memories of their debut effort - often heard blasting from my dorm room in college.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
18. The Rams will be playing for the NFC West lead in two weeks. That's the truth.
Semantics yes but the Rams may be playing to retain their NFC West lead in two weeks. SF hosts KC and Seattle goes on the road to play the LA Chargers next week. Wouldn't that be a helluva bye week? Get healthy, a bit more organized and take over the division lead!!

Btw, good stuff as always AVR

While I do like Synchronicity, I agree that it’s a totally different style compared to their early, garage-band/rock-reggae sound.

Really fond memories of their debut effort - often heard blasting from my dorm room in college.
I'm a Big Police fan. Saw them with Oingo Boingo at the Forum in LA in 1981.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
Definitely prioritize Edge to RB. Rivers didn't look horrible out there and the truth is, if our line blocks ok, most any NFL back and produce. Call up Fisher, pray Hardy is some type of contributor on the edge, look for Floyd trade partners (he has literally done nothing this season, like at all). As a 3-4 defense our edges are supposed to be screamin off the edge in QB's faces. That is not happening.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Definitely prioritize Edge to RB. Rivers didn't look horrible out there and the truth is, if our line blocks ok, most any NFL back and produce. Call up Fisher, pray Hardy is some type of contributor on the edge, look for Floyd trade partners (he has literally done nothing this season, like at all). As a 3-4 defense our edges are supposed to be screamin off the edge in QB's faces. That is not happening.
I get the sentiment.. but Floyd's not going anywhere because of his contract structure.

The rest of this all makes sense, but I do think they'll try to bring in another RB.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
They re-structured Floyd. I don't think he is movable.

Fisher would have to be signed but, if healthy and available, I think would be a good addition because Jackson may still be needed at guard.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Same.
They also get Bobby Brown back. I hope he can help by taking some snaps off the plate for Gaines & Donald.
Gaines played limited snaps yesterday. Wonder if he was dealing with an injury, and was on a pitch-count.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Gaines played limited snaps yesterday. Wonder if he was dealing with an injury, and was on a pitch-count.
I can't find the tweet.. but both Donald and Gaines were kind of banged up at halftime. I think I read Gaines was wearing a shoulder harness.
Good thing Copeland is decent.. and Brown needs to be good.

dang

Legend

Zenyatta Mondatta was the best IMO.