20 Random Houston, We Have No Problem, Thoughts

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
1. Well, that was easy.

2. Just as it was supposed to be.

3. Not too concerned about the fourth quarter "run" by the Texans, which was almost akin to a preseason game.

4. Still... not thrilled to see an onside kick succeed against us again.

5. Stafford with a 125+ passer rating. Yawn.

6. Cooper Kupp with 110+ receiving yards and another TD. Ho-hum.

7. Guess we're getting a bit spoiled by these guys.

8. I liked seeing Robert Woods back in the the running game. That's an aspect of the offense I'd like to see us utilize more.

9. Speaking of the running game, great job establishing the run early with Darrell Henderson. While I would have liked to have seen him get his 100 yards, I thought finishing with Sony Michel and Buddy Howell was the right call.

10. Great bomb to Van Jefferson, and a scare that made everyone think... should we find a way to keep DJax?

11. First 20 yard reception by a Rams rookie this year, and it wasn't by Tutu Atwell (who, hopefully, is okay). Isn't it Skowronek... don't you think. A little too Skowronek... yeah, I really do think.

12. Ernest Jones made the Rams look pretty smart today. In his first start: 8 tackles, 1 TFL, 0.5 sacks and an INT. Nice.

13. Aaron Donald and Leonard Floyd back on pace for 10+ sacks this year.

14. Nobody will ever accuse Sean McVay of running up the score, it seems. Is that a good thing? Maybe 2 days before the trade deadline, its an important courtesy?

15. I mean... if the Texans want to give us Brandin Cooks for DJax... I'm okay with that!

16. With SJD out, I thought Greg Gaines and A'Shawn Robinson did a very good job (though the degree of difficulty was not all that high).

17. If you bet on the Rams and gave the points, were you nervous at the end?

18. 7-1. Let that sink in.

19. Oh, yeah... Tyler Higbee got the TE yardage record!

20. Now the fun begins. Trade deadline is Tuesday!

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'm going to add a #21...

Joe Noteboom did a nice job today (just heard Stafford praising him in postgame presser and realized I missed that one!)

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I dunno why I'm so upset about that 4th quarter, but I am.

And I'd pay for Wolford's bus ticket out of town from my own pocket. Whatever he did last year means dookie squat. He's garbage now and if the Texans make that pick inside their 30 with the way our D was playing, that's a 1 score game with time.

I'm ready for Perkins. Wolford is dead to me.

Also, it's not just this game, tho that played a pretty big part...

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I dunno why I'm so upset about that 4th quarter, but I am.

And I'd pay for Wolford's bus ticket out of town from my own pocket. Whatever he did last year means dookie squat. He's garbage now and if the Texans make that pick inside their 30 with the way our D was playing, that's a 1 score game with time.

I'm ready for Perkins. Wolford is dead to me.

Also, it's not just this game, tho that played a pretty big part...
Or those who thought he wasnt impressive in that outing last year may have been right after all.....
He's just not good, and I dont think its a coincidence that the Rams are carrying 3QB on the roster for the first time in a long time (not counting injury concern).

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Or those who thought he wasnt impressive in that outing last year may have been right after all.....
He's just not good, and I dont think its a coincidence that the Rams are carrying 3QB on the roster for the first time in a long time (not counting injury concern).
Or he's thrown in with only backups and it's a completely different evaluation than the good performances he put out with the starters last season.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
#14 is a problem when you paid $20 for a Little League fundraiser raffle ticket that randomly has two NFL teams on it and if whichever team gets the two highest scores ( inorder) wins $500.

After 3 years I thought I got lucky with the Rams atop both of my tickets. McVay put the Kibosh on that happy day every time he hits the breaks. Especially when you can win multiple times a season.

My other two teams? One is the Raiders and the other is the Bills. I finally had two tickets that could potentially be winners But the Rams have to have the top score on both tickets.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I didn’t get to see much of the game. My daughter had a soccer game. I missed the second half and was surprised by what the score was.

Did the Rams play that poorly or did they just allow Houston to practice their offense because McVay felt with 38 points there was no reason to beat them down?

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
One more thing. I mentioned this somewhere else.

It’s ironic that with all of McVay’s off-season talk about needing to add speed (and signing DJ and drafting TuTu, Harris, and Funk) that the big slow guy is the one getting in the game plan.

Skowronek looked good in his few touches.

TexasRam

Legend
He waited the whole dam week, to announce the trade.
Then as Van crashed down, he thought "Well, isn't this nice?" :angry4:

It was a little Skowronek. Don't cha think?

ProGen

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Enjoyed Skow get involved with the offense.

...didn't so much enjoy checking what the rest of our schedule looks like! Brutal :laugh2:

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
Skow looked real good. That 3rd down play where he put a move on the defender was big time. He may be slow but the game isn’t too fast for him. Let’s go Skow!

bluecoconuts

Legend
I look forward to this post every week now, good points as usual.

3. The only thing that concerns me about the 4th is how poor Wolford has looked in relief lately. I'm sure a week of practice with the starters would help, as well as having the starting line/receivers, but that doesn't give me confidence as a backup. Contrast to other teams who have had to put in their backups and have looked pretty decent, Wolford looks like he's playing scared.

4. I'll give it a semi- pass because the bounce was pretty weird, but that's definitely something we need to clean up.

8. Definitely want to see more Woods in the backfield, I also wonder whats going on with him and Stafford, they look to just be ever so off in terms of being on the same page. Hopefully that's something that gets cleaned up as we go on more, because when the ball is in his hands he's really dynamic, good at making stuff happen. I think he was having somewhat of an off-day maybe.

10. Van Jefferson really emerging, glad he's okay, I'm happy with letting DJax leave. I wasn't big on him coming to the team in the first place, but once he was in horns I was going to root for him. Now that he wants out, I'm happy to show him the door and lock it behind him.

11. I fecking love Skowronek so far, I want him on Cooper Kupp like underwear so he can learn from him, I think we got a steal there just from the early camp stuff and what we've seen so far. Harris next I hope.

12. Impressive start, looks to be another real smart move, especially as the announcers were talking about how the loss of Kenny Young being so big. Shut them up quickly.

14. It's nice to be gentlemanly I suppose, better than the C yoU Next Tuesday over in New Orleans.

16. We have good depth there, SBJ was sort of live tweeting the game, the guy is so positive I almost wish they had a camera on him to give our little version of a Manning Cast, that'd probably be a gas.

19. I don't think they're mentioned it, hopefully we see the team acknowledge it. Maybe someone should tweet Jourdan and have her ask Sean about it

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Noteboom blending in was a super positive.

Kupp needs 76yds for 1,000… Just wow.

Jefferson is getting better and better.

Ahh… 7-1…

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
  1. Along Came Jones....Ernest Jones and @BonifayRam as ordered his #50 jersey as I have ordered my #55 jersey too.
  2. Joe Noteboom...Proved he's no ordinary Joe and you only had to look at Bobby Evans & Aleric Jackson to realize how valuable Boom really is.
  3. Big Ben Skowronek....IMO, he's being a tad overhyped, but he's better then @Loyal favorite son in TuTu Atwell.
  4. Greg Gaines....Gaines seem to be an upgrade over SJD and I love SJD. Gaines has continued to improve from his first year, we need him playing more at NT.
  5. Huge Need for a punt returner....Atwell cannot return punts and I don't want Kupp doing it either, doubt the Panthers would trade Alex Erickson, but that is who I would try to acquire.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
17. If you bet on the Rams and gave the points, were you nervous at the end?
I had a 3 team pool. Pittsburgh (+3), Seattle (-4) and the Rams (-16).
  1. Huge Need for a punt returner....Atwell cannot return punts
Fair catching when he's got 10-15 yards between him and the coverage? And the kid seems to go down if the vapor trail of somebody running by him is too close!!!!

Tano

Legend
I had a 3 team pool. Pittsburgh (+3), Seattle (-4) and the Rams (-16).

Fair catching when he's got 10-15 yards between him and the coverage? And the kid seems to go down if the vapor trail of somebody running by him is too close!!!!
I always call it a stiff wind