20 Random Crashing Down to Earth Thoughts

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Marc Spector

Rookie
i told myself id shut up about Morris after we manhandled TB but my reservations are looking valid.

With Staley last year, our d took until about week 5/6 to fully coalesce. BUT even in that time, we were still generating turnovers and/or generating pressure (remember Donalds heroic game against Buffalo). Morris defense seems to do neither at a high level.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
This was a weird game. We seemed out of sorts, but credit the Cardinals for creating or keeping that going the whole game.

Its a shame early in the game when we had running success, we weren’t able to use that to slow down the Cardinals offense.

Offensively, they were walking up and down on us… Using the run game to control tempo was there… we just didn’t do that, and once we got behind… we maybe couldn’t, like we could have early.

I want a do-over. :D

Tano

Legend
The play that upset me the most is the one where Young was chasing Murray and he fell for the juke by Murray.

He should have kept Murray inside of him and let the other players cover for the inside.

I think we would have gotten Murray for a loss instead of giving up a first down on 3rd and long I believe.

They need to teach the players to always keep Murray inside of you.

Just my random thought.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
The 20 thoughts I had were...

1) Turnovers suck.

2 - 20) I saw at least this many fucked calls by the zebras today. Complete bullshit calls.

I realize you can't expect the refs to make every call and you can't control that... but those fucks shouldn't get paid for the job they did yesterday. They should be fined.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
This was a weird game. We seemed out of sorts, but credit the Cardinals for creating or keeping that going the whole game.

Its a shame early in the game when we had running success, we weren’t able to use that to slow down the Cardinals offense.

Offensively, they were walking up and down on us… Using the run game to control tempo was there… we just didn’t do that, and once we got behind… we maybe couldn’t, like we could have early.

I want a do-over. :D
Yup. There seems to be a lot of weeping and gnashing of teeth over this loss. Buts its quite possible we lost to a good team. Simple as that. They sure looked like it yesterday. I think our guys mighta took this one for granted. Doesn't mean it will happen again. This is the NFL. Everyone is gonna lose at some point. That won't be the first one for us. We just have to win enough to put us in good position come playoff time. On to Thursday.

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan
Rams play Seahawks Thursday night. Methinks they dogged it yesterday to save up for Thursday.
Shows a bit of lack of faith in the player's ability to rebound. Won't the hawks be tired too??
I really don't care for teams that take some Sundays off. Rams do it, too much for my liking. Painful reminders of that J-e-t-s game.
The gamble better work or they will be 3-2 in a hurry, Murray. pun intended.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
Morris has yet to prove that he can scheme against an offense. He's definitely closer to Wade in that regard and not so much Staley.
Not even sure he is close to Wade in scheme. Morris has broke an outstanding D. He needs to quit trying to out think the opponent and just smash them with the talent he has at his disposal.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave

1) Turnovers suck.

2 - 20) I saw at least this many fucked calls by the zebras today. Complete bullshit calls.

I realize you can't expect the refs to make every call and you can't control that... but those fucks shouldn't get paid for the job they did yesterday. They should be fined.
While officials missed some calls as they always do. I can't blame this loss on them. Sure they missed a lot of holding calls that may have made 3rd and long into a 3rd and longer, but we had no contain and gave up way too many 3rd and longs anyways. We got a 3rd down stop and McVay accepted a holding call and they then converted a 3rd and 18 or some shit. It just was not our day in any phase, and that all falls on McVay. He chose Morris and gave Morris the freedom to go away from Staleys scheme

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
The play that upset me the most is the one where Young was chasing Murray and he fell for the juke by Murray.

He should have kept Murray inside of him and let the other players cover for the inside.

I think we would have gotten Murray for a loss instead of giving up a first down on 3rd and long I believe.

They need to teach the players to always keep Murray inside of you.

Just my random thought.
I agree that one hurt. Trying to solo tackle Murray in the open field is rough though.

What concerned me more was the lack of Rams flowing to the ball. Can't recall the coverage there but I assume it was man, but still I'm sure that there's a lot of examples of guys not going all out to the ball carrier especially later in the game. I'm sure Morris will fix that, he's a great leader but he's also gotta call things well to get the results we want.

Tano

Legend
I agree that one hurt. Trying to solo tackle Murray in the open field is rough though.

What concerned me more was the lack of Rams flowing to the ball. Can't recall the coverage there but I assume it was man, but still I'm sure that there's a lot of examples of guys not going all out to the ball carrier especially later in the game. I'm sure Morris will fix that, he's a great leader but he's also gotta call things well to get the results we want.
There was a DB getting blocked by a WR that seemed to keep him blocked for quite awhile. I was going - fight thru the block man

He just seemed passive to me.

The whole team seemed somewhat passive to me except for a couple players.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack

1) Turnovers suck.

I hope in my lifetime to see what amounts to an all electronic refereeing system... like if Watson by IBM were put in charge of calls... creating all of the players on the field in wireframe (allowing for flex...as we've seen with Kupp, his shins flex... I dunno how, but they do), sensors in the ball and all along the field as well as sensors in the field with cameras all over the place. The wireframing would allow the computer to call holds, tripping (which they missed in the NE/TB game) and all sorts of other calls.

"OH NO! They can't call holding on every play!" Fuck yeah, they can. And it would only take a few holds for play callers to refocus their efforts, pay the players who don't need to hold to win and eventually, you'd see some really talented athletes switch to the OL as opposed to filtering them to the DL because... "the OL is allowed to hold every play, so we need superior athletes on the DL to overcome the advantage" bullshit.

We'd still have people down there for spotting the ball (the refs would have an indicator that they were placing it correctly), informing fans of the call, breaking up the piles, etc.

Am I willing to give up the "human factor" to ensure that they call holds? Fukin A

Am I willing to give up the "excitement" of not knowing if the refereeing crew is a "let them play" crew or a "we run a tight ship" crew? To quote the song... "In a New York Minute... Ooooweeeeoooooo"

Am I willing to forgo all the "the Super Bowl is fixed" conspiracy theories (some of which I agree with, quite frankly) for a game that is called so neutrally that folks wax nostalgic about the days when it was just a dirty sport played with leather helmets in the mud? SIGN. ME. UP.

Fucking tired of ANY talk of refs. They are ONLY there to officiate the game. Period. NO ONE wants to see or hear from them. A perfect game involves both teams incurring no EARNED penalties, experiencing no UNEARNED penalties and the refs are only responsible for marking the ball and keeping the time.

It will be a glorious day if my vision comes to pass... for ALL sports.

Referees should be like mens room attendants: you barely notice they're there and they're there to keep the place tidy, but the point of the mens room is to have a place to relieve oneself and wash up afterwards. No one goes to a restaurant with the express goal of visiting the attendant in the mens room and that goes infinitely more so for sports referees (unless it's the mens room at the Minneapolis Airport... LOL)

Normally, I'm a pro-union guy, but dammit if I wouldn't love for someone to smash that referees union so hard, Reagan pops a posthumous boner so large, it dents the lid of his coffin...