#2 Rated Free Safety in Entire NFL is a Free Agent!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamsAndEwe

Rookie
How long has it been since the Rams had a dominate Free Safety. Was Craig Dahl dominate? I like Rodney Mcleod Jr, but he's inexperienced and not exactly shutdown dominate. Before Michael Sam, Oprah, and the Mighty Quinn Rams fans and Hitler bemoaned the Ram's Achilles Heel...Free Safety.

I've watched Maurice Alexander's tape and the big boy can flat out bring it! Vicious tackles! But, ould I feel comfortable with Maurice anchoring our back end? No way in hell. Maurice is a big liability in pass coverage. Maybe M. Alexander will learn. Hell, after Maurice got out of jail, Mo's second chance came when he moved from linebacker to safety. Mo Alexander has played safety for only one year. Do you want Alexander's to start his second year ever at free safety in the Ram's secondary? I don't! We got a bunch of strong safeties, but I don't see a true free safety on the Roster.

But fear not ROD! On a recent rock hunting safari, I turned over one of many quartz crystal Mayan Skulls, and lo and behold I found me an excellent free safety!

Kerry Rhodes was Profootball Focus's number 2 rated Free Safety in the Entire NFL in 2012. Kerry sat out the 2013 season. He thought the Cardinal's 3million dollar offer was too low. He's not injured, in fact Kerry is in Super Shape.
nm2598695.jpg

Kerry is 6'3 212 pounds. In 2012 Kerry allowed only one completion of 20 yards. Kerry intercepted 4 passes. Kerry is great against the pass and the run! No weaknesses. Kerry has great instincts and runs the 40 in 4.48. Kerry has 13 career sacks. 23 career interceptions!

What could this man do inside of Gregg Williams' defense? I shudder to think how much mayhem and havoc Rhodes would wreak in the secondary, wrecking wide receivers routes, and breaking up passes at the very last second.

Kerry Rhodes' play would cement the back end of the Rams secondary, allowing Gregg Williams's to blitzkrieg quarterbacks, and our cornerbacks could take chances, confident Kerry will cover up cornerback snafus with genius free safety play.

Kerry Rhodes could also tutor the Ram's inexperienced safeties, and turn our young safeties into a NFL plague of Dracula Ticks. Shut Down Safeties!

The Rams could sign Kerry Rhodes for a relatively cheap price too. Probably less than 2 million. Kerry Rhodes has a bottle of nitroglycerin on his shoulder waiting to detonate in the face of wide receivers. Kerry Rhodes will devastate and cremate tight ends, receivers, and ball carriers, if only the Rams will give Kerry a chance! Kerry Rhodes would immediately turn the Ram's perennial Free Safety Problem into a Mega Strength! For 2 million dollars, and I call that a bargain!

My brother Ramsey communicated with Kerry Rhodes a few days ago. Kerry said, " Yes, I am ready to go full speed ahead and take a team to the championship!

Don't take my word for it. Check out Kerry's 2012 Highlights,, and then try to convince me that we have a safety on our roster that tackles, covers, and makes big plays like Kerry Rhodes!

Last edited:

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Why is he available? That's a big question considering his skill set.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
I can vaguely remember him. I don't understand why nobody would have picked him up. Is he still holding out for money? If so, why would he be a bargain? We do badly need safety help...

bluecoconuts

Legend

I heard rumors it was because he was gay honestly... I don't think that is really it, but it did seem weird he didn't get picked up last year, he played pretty well the year prior. Certainly seemed like he had something to offer still, maybe he is pricing himself too high?

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Kerry Rhodes is the Old Spice guy?
Nope, that is Isaiah Mustafa(former NFL wide receiver on practice squads)

Only negative on him is that he is 31, and will be 32 at the start of the season.

Per his wikipedia page:

2013 season
After he was released by the Cardinals, photographs of Rhodes embracing and lying shirtless with his former assistant, Russell Simpson were published online in April 2013. Simpson claimed he and Rhodes were a couple.[13] Rhodes told TMZ, "I am not gay… The shots were taken during a past vacation in a casual environment with my entire business team."[14]

Rhodes spent the 2013 season as a free agent and did not receive any interest after rejecting offers in March, raising suspicion that he was being blacklisted because of rumors about his sexuality.[10]

In a February 2014 interview with ESPN, Rhodes denied he was gay or that he was blacklisted by NFL teams. He said his absence from the league was "a product of me wanting to do other things and not finding the right opportunity," referring to his interests in acting and producing, and the amount of money offered

V3

Hall of Fame
Not really sure why he's still out there if he's so great, but if he'd be an improvement over what we have, which still isn't much, I'm all for it. I seriously doubt it happens though. I'm pretty sure a FS insulted Fisher's Mama once so now he hates all of them. He only plays SSs.

RamsAndEwe

Rookie
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

There were rumors going around the NFL that Kerry is gay. Kerry Rhodes denies the rumors, but they rumors persist. Kerry Rhodes is often seen on dates with gorgeous women, but the word is out, "The NFL Blackballed Kerry Rhodes for Gay Rumors." Last years uncool deal is the flavor of the month this year. Life is weird.

Bottom Line: Kerry Rhodes is a proven all pro safety, and he still has IT. I want the Rams to have a winning season once in a while. Kerry can help make it happen. Immediately Kerry is the 3rd or 4th best defensive player the Rams have. I figure Brockers or Ogletree, or Jenkins, or maybe Donald will blossom this year. So I place Kerry 3rd or 4th. In 2012 Kerry would have been the Rams best defensive player.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I would like to see a veteran presence in a very young back field.
Could be a nice fit for us.

NERamsFan

Pro Bowler
I thought I heard the guy, at this point in his life/career, was more focused on being an actor/music producer/artist??

V3

Hall of Fame
Mikell was underrated and it showed when he left. Finnegan was overrated, also. After the first four games or so that he played for the Rams, he went down hill fast. I wasn't surprised by how bad he was last season because he had been playing like that for a good chunk of the previous season.

ED_29

I heard rumors it was because he was gay honestly... I don't think that is really it, but it did seem weird he didn't get picked up last year, he played pretty well the year prior. Certainly seemed like he had something to offer still, maybe he is pricing himself too high?
Correct and I suspect the original poster is fully aware of that

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Too good to be true, no way.

But yes, sign him for a couple mil. It's only bonus if he's gay... for Oprah. *PUKE*!!!!!