2 Draft Picks That Excel, 2 That Disappoint

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame
John Franklin-Myers will surprise many exceeding expectations.

Upon further thought, I don't want to cast any negativity on any of these guys. They all work so hard, and are such accomplished young men, just to make it this far. My best to all of them. :cheers:

Memphis Ram

Legend
I can't really go with disappointments on day three selections when the percentages of misses increase tremendously vs. the first 3 rounds, IMO.

So I'm gong with expectations/disappointments based upon many of the opinions I've read on this forum.

Exceeds expectations:
Ogbonnia Okoronkwo & Brain Allen

Disappointments:
Micah Kiser & John Kelly

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Hard to be disappointed when 4th-7th rounders don’t pan out.

Thats what I'm thinking. If some 6th and 7th rounders don't make it is that really a disappointment? There's a reason they were drafted so low. I think more than two won't be on the roster when the final 53 comes out.

When it comes to who will exceed the expectations, I'd pick Oko and Kelly. I think Oko's strengths fit this defense. I think Wade is the perfect coach to put him in position to make plays. I wouldn't be surprised if he beats out Ebukam for a starting spot.

I like Kelly with his determined running style. All the film I see on this guy shows a guy who does not like going out of bounds and never stops fighting for the extra yards. Those guys tend to fumble more because of that but he rarely fumbles. And one impressive stat was he did not have a single run for a loss.

Noteboom might exceed too, but not for a couple years. I think Whitworth still has at least two years left in the tank. They can be patient with Noteboom unless they lose Havenstein to free agency.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I'm going to pick Jamil Demby as a draft pick who succeeds. He's not the fastest in a straight line, but his lateral agility is great for a big man like him (6'5", 330 lbs.), and he reminds me of Rodger Saffold Lite with the way he plays. He played left tackle at Maine, but will move to guard and excel.

I refuse to pick anyone who disappoints. I'm behind all of them, since they're Rams.

bomebadeeda

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bome
The Unknown Soldier - R2 - Rams have nothing to show for their R2 pick traded to Buffalo for Sammy Watkins last year so its easily the biggest disappointment of the draft
I don't think the book is closed on this one. There's a good chance we'll get a 3rd round compensatory pick out of it.

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
It's kinda hard to project any disappointments when the Rams didn't have to draft one immediate starter and had no picks in the first 2 rounds. Either they all bust or we found some depth and a couple EVENTUAL starters out of all these picks and UDFAs--no matter who it turns out to be.

The 2 guys who could see the most PT this year are Kiser and OhOh, so I hope they turn out to be 2 of the biggest steals of the draft.

Another guy I will be rooting for is Parker (safety). I'm sure he'll get on STs and maybe some dime packages. It's important, IMO, that we upgrade our safety depth with a potential starter in case Joyner walks next year.

ReekofRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Reek
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Some people are taking this too seriously. I was just trying to see the different opinion on our draft picks.

Let me try it this way.
Would someone please convince me why John Franklin-Myers and Travin Howard will make the Rams final roster.
Travin Howard I feel has too many ahead of him at his position, and I think the climb will be too much for him.
I've also watched video of John Franklin-Myers, and though he played well, he didn't dominate, and in the level of players that he went up against while playing at Stephen F. Austin he should have dominated, but he didn't. So he's having to now go against players that play two levels above what he's use to. Again, I think the climb is to high for him.
Now I hope they do well, but let's get realistic, not all 11 players drafted will make the team.
Now starting in July I may have a completely different opinion, but for now I'm just having some fun and guessing.

WestCoastRam

Legend
If any of these picks this year earn a starting spot, they would exceed expectations for me. I believe all will be role-players or wash out.

Hear me out - there is nothing wrong with picking up role-players in the later rounds. That's a good draft if you do.