16 players that could fall to the Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

fearsomefour

Legend
I have no doubt I have missed some good prospects here....I left off the guys that clearly will be off the board before the Rams pick (Werner, Mingo, Gino Smith ect.). I have included guys that I think would help the Rams at what I think are the greatest areas of need....a couple may be wishful thinking that they fall to 16 (Warmack & Vaccaro namely);

Warmack,G, Alabama
Cooper, G, NC
Lane Johnson, T, Oklahoma

Sheldon Richardson, DT, Missouri
Sharrif Floyd, DT, Florida
Jon Jenkins, DT, Georgia

Alec Ogletree, LB, Georgia
Arthur Brown, LB, Kansas State

Vaccaro, SS, Texas
Jonathan Banks, CB, Mississippi State
Matt Elam, SS, Florida

Cordarrede Patterson, WR, Tennessee
Tavon Austin, WR, West Virginia

Tyler Eifert, TE, Notre Dame
Zach Ertz, TE, Stanford

Giovani Bernard, RB, North Carolina

My best case scenario would have Vaccaro and Warmack ending up in St. Louis. If Warmack goes early (Tennessee perhaps) that 16 pick should go D, either Vaccaro, Olgetree, Banks (move him to safety) or possibly any of the DT listed would work for me. Cooper could still be there at 21 along with any of the WR listed and Lane Johnson. One of the TEs should be there still I would think.
With what looks like an early run (averaging out the mocks I have seen) at the DE, OT and DT spots along with the tradition of a couple of teams trading up and or reaching for QBs the Rams should be able to add an difference maker at one of their biggest need positions. My best case lines up like this;
Round 1a) Warmack, G, Alabama
Round 1b) Vaccaro, S, Texas
Round 2) Brown, LB, Kansas St....although if Bernard, RB, North Carolina falls to their pick in the second round that might be too great a value to pass up.

Could see something like;
1a) Olgetree, LB, Georgia
1b) Lane Johnson, T, Oklahoma
or
1a) Richardson, DT, Missouri
1b) Elam, S, Florida
No matter who is left at 16, should be a good pick at a position of need....21, who knows? might move out of or to the end of the first round with that one.

bluecoconuts

Legend
I hope that one of Lane Johnson or Vaccaro falls to 16. If they both fall I would take Johnson. If neither fall I'm not sure who we should take then.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
fearsomefour said:
I have no doubt I have missed some good prospects here....I left off the guys that clearly will be off the board before the Rams pick (Werner, Mingo, Gino Smith ect.). I have included guys that I think would help the Rams at what I think are the greatest areas of need....a couple may be wishful thinking that they fall to 16 (Warmack & Vaccaro namely);

Warmack,G, Alabama
Cooper, G, NC
Lane Johnson, T, Oklahoma

Jon Jenkins, DT, Georgia

Alec Ogletree, LB, Georgia

Vaccaro, SS, Texas
Matt Elam, SS, Florida

Zach Ertz, TE, Stanford

My best case scenario would have Vaccaro and Warmack ending up in St. Louis. If Warmack goes early (Tennessee perhaps) that 16 pick should go D, either Vaccaro, Olgetree, Banks (move him to safety) or possibly any of the DT listed would work for me. Cooper could still be there at 21 along with any of the WR listed and Lane Johnson. One of the TEs should be there still I would think.
With what looks like an early run (averaging out the mocks I have seen) at the DE, OT and DT spots along with the tradition of a couple of teams trading up and or reaching for QBs the Rams should be able to add an difference maker at one of their biggest need positions. My best case lines up like this;
Round 2) Brown, LB, Kansas St....although if Bernard, RB, North Carolina falls to their pick in the second round that might be too great a value to pass up.

or
1b) Elam, S, Florida
No matter who is left at 16, should be a good pick at a position of need....21, who knows? might move out of or to the end of the first round with that one.

You have some good name on there, that's for sure.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I'd love to see Arthur Brown in Horns.
I'm kind of hoping we trade down(with one of our 1st's) and add another 2nd rounder.

fearsomefour

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
If there are plenty of those names still there at 16, I think the Rams should consider trading down to around 20-24 and add another pick. I really like Brown for OLB and think he could even fall as far as the 2nd round. I think a bunch of OLB types are gonna get grabbed up by 3/4 teams looking for passrush and that Brown being a more typical 4/3 LB may slip.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
fearsomefour said:

Warmack,G, Alabama
Cooper, G, NC
[hil]Lane Johnson, T, Oklahoma[/hil]

Jon Jenkins, DT, Georgia

[hil]Alec Ogletree, LB, Georgia[/hil]

[hil]Vaccaro, SS, Texas[/hil]
Matt Elam, SS, Florida

Zach Ertz, TE, Stanford

or
1b) Elam, S, Florida
These are the only three guys that I like in the 1st for us(highlighted). I like some of the other players, but for us, where we pick that's who I'd go with. You have a lot of 2nd rounders on your list, and I like a lot of those guys.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
If I were Snead & Fisher & the above prospects were available to be selected It sure would not be hard for me to make those selections.

#16-OLT Lane Johnson
#22-OLG Chance Warmack

My main goal is to provide Sam Bradford some comfort and time to showcase his talents cease this short moment in time to light up the NFL. You provide Sam an OL that would be made up of Saffold,Warmack,Wells, Dahl & Johnson things should begin to jell fast. Saffold will finally have at least one season 2013 where the player to his right has outstanding talent. The days of teaming Saffold with Jacob Bell. Adam Goldberg, Jason Brown, Quinn Ojinnaka, Shelley Smith & Robert Turner @ OLG would be over! Now lets see what happens on that left side for a real change.

The combo of Harvey Dahl & Lane Johnson on the right would be an upgrade over the pass right tackles of 2011/2012 of Jason Smith, Adam Goldberg, Barry Richardson & even Harvey Dahl himself shifting because of a lack of talent. Last yr Snead & Fisher drafted three defensive starters in rounds 1,2,& 3. In addition they drafted three offensive weapons ..two WR's & RB in rounds 2,4 & 2. Now its time to draft some talented OL'ers for a change to protect.

Now lets see what happens! This would give Sam (who is in his 4th season now) solid evidence that Snead & Fisher are fighting & investing in him to succeed ! Drafting DT's does very little to helping this team build a winner. Cudjo could once again be brought back at a low cost. Sims who plays more DT than DE as of late & the rookie the 6-7 290 pound Conrath can help fill the hole left by William Hayes.

What kind of a signal does it send to Sam Bradford when you draft safety's & DT's in the first round & you have two large vacancies @ offensive tackle??

iced

Unless Langford is cut, I don't see the Rams going DT early. Dude got a decent sized contract

jap

Legend
iced said:
Unless Langford is cut, I don't see the Rams going DT early. Dude got a decent sized contract

. . . perhaps too decent . . .

iced

jap said:
iced said:

It is a position switch, and i thought he started to play better down the run

TK42-RAM

... still not at my post.
Would this draft hurry up and get here already ... The world is boring without FOOTBALL !!!!

jap

Legend
iced said:
jap said:
iced said:

It is a position switch, and i thought he started to play better down the run

Coach Wauffle will undoubtedly make the call on Langford's upside. I just want a dominating front four that will scare the hell out of any offensive coordinator trying . . . in vain! . . . to neutralize them. :twisted:

nighttrain

Legend
BonifayRam said:
If I were Snead & Fisher & the above prospects were available to be selected It sure would not be hard for me to make those selections.

#16-OLT Lane Johnson
#22-OLG Chance Warmack

My main goal is to provide Sam Bradford some comfort and time to showcase his talents cease this short moment in time to light up the NFL. You provide Sam an OL that would be made up of Saffold,Warmack,Wells, Dahl & Johnson things should begin to jell fast. Saffold will finally have at least one season 2013 where the player to his right has outstanding talent. The days of teaming Saffold with Jacob Bell. Adam Goldberg, Jason Brown, Quinn Ojinnaka, Shelley Smith & Robert Turner @ OLG would be over! Now lets see what happens on that left side for a real change.

The combo of Harvey Dahl & Lane Johnson on the right would be an upgrade over the pass right tackles of 2011/2012 of Jason Smith, Adam Goldberg, Barry Richardson & even Harvey Dahl himself shifting because of a lack of talent. Last yr Snead & Fisher drafted three defensive starters in rounds 1,2,& 3. In addition they drafted three offensive weapons ..two WR's & RB in rounds 2,4 & 2. Now its time to draft some talented OL'ers for a change to protect.

Now lets see what happens! This would give Sam (who is in his 4th season now) solid evidence that Snead & Fisher are fighting & investing in him to succeed ! Drafting DT's
your two first round choices mirror mine, and although it's not Fisher's MO to draft OL this high, this time he make the exception. SB just has to have a solid offensive line to perform to the top of his abilities, any QB for that matter..
train

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
nighttrain said:
BonifayRam said:

#16-OLT Lane Johnson
#22-OLG Chance Warmack

Now lets see what happens! This would give Sam (who is in his 4th season now) solid evidence that Snead & Fisher are fighting & investing in him to succeed ! Drafting DT's
your two first round choices mirror mine, and although it's not Fisher's MO to draft OL this high, this time he make the exception. SB just has to have a solid offensive line to perform to the top of his abilities, any QB for that matter..
train

Has Fisher had Sam Bradford type reason before ? or has Fisher ever had four major holes in his current OL to fill ? Snead & Fisher have proven last yr that they are savvy. They did a good job effort to get decent OL'ers in here in 2012. This 2013 season will be real interesting as to how they manage the #1-future pending Saffold UFA situation/departure, #2-the current need @ ORT...#3- need of a talented OLG and #4- the sure soon to be realized vacant 6th (Swing OT) OL'er (Hunter's release). Purchasing decent starting UFA OL'ers is unbelievably CAP Unfriendly. Most posters say they will find the cap space ???? OK there is only so many players you can find this cap space in...looks to me that finding this cap $$ could cause us or take its toll on our starting OLT & ORG along with our 6th OL'er too. Rams also need to fill the 7th OL spot that was filled by OG/OC Robert Turner....that need is for a back up center to bring comfort to the third rehabbing event in less than one year with our new UFA starting center Scott Wells. That some major discomfort ills that needs some sure good top shelf medicine to resolve & bring comfort to him , Snead & Sam.

Way I see in summarizing the above current or soon to be current OL issues that is to protect the highest valued invested Ram player Sam Bradford?
#1-Finding starting offensive right tackle.
#2-Finding starting offensive left guard
#3-Finding a replacement for 6th OL'er(Swing OT Hunter)
#4-Finding a replacement for the 7th OL'er( Center Robert Turner).
#5-Finding & developing a OLT replacement for 2014 UFA Saffold.

Think that may cause Fisher to think offensive linemen like never before ??

fastcat

Pro Bowler
I dont get how just about everyone forgets Rok started the season as the starting LG. Then he got hurt. Then (hopefully) we still have Turner as a backup G/C. But i say if Warmack is there take him, if not we can afford to pick a G late in the draft. Tackle is the big need on the line IMO.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
fastcat said:
I dont get how just about everyone forgets Rok started the season as the starting LG. Then he got hurt. Then (hopefully) we still have Turner as a backup G/C. But i say if Warmack is there take him, if not we can afford to pick a G late in the draft. Tackle is the big need on the line IMO.

If you would permit me on this...I glad you brought him up here I did forget to mentioned him. The starting OL in the first game was Saffold-Turner-Wells-Dahl-Richardson. Brace yourself here....when the 3rd quarter ended in the FIRST game Fisher & Paul Boudreau had three new OL positional starters.

First was our center Wells went out which moved Turner out of OLG to OC. That moved caused rookie reserve OG to move into starting OLG post. Then Saffold had some Jason Smith action concussion and reserve OT Wayne Hunter replaced Saffold so your entire left side center- OLG & OLT were new! If my memory does not fail me which it does often Hunter was back up to both OT's & Rok was hanging on by a thread as the reserve @ both OG and OG/OC Shelley Smith had been a Ram for about a week. So Rok did play from the first quarter till the end of the game. It was a very bumpy beginning for Rok I would call it a disaster. Quinn Ojinnaka was resigned to play where Rok played. Shelley Smith was worked as the reserve OG after the first game. Rok was inactive for the 2nd game and was placed on the IR Monday after the 2nd game with an unknown ankle issue. Rams suffered with Qjinnaka until they could not stand it any longer & Smith relieved him of his starting duties.

Robert Turner is no longer a Ram he is a UFA. But your right that we are in much better shape @ OG than we are @ OT.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
You can always use another DT...wouldn't surprise me in the least to see one added early-to-midround.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
fastcat said:

There's a chance Harvey Dahl might get cut to save some money. So if he's gonie, there's still a need for OG, and Rok is still young enough (and more of a project) to put in @ RG.

Robert Turner might not be resigned, who knows. But he's a backup and just...OK.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
Angry Ram said:
fastcat said:

There's a chance Harvey Dahl might get cut to save some money. So if he's gonie, there's still a need for OG, and Rok is still young enough (and more of a project) to put in @ RG.

Robert Turner might not be resigned, who knows. But he's a backup and just...OK.
I don't see that happeneing. Yes, Harvey Dahl is getting older...but he isn't OLD for a lineman, and his salary isn't out of line for a player of his ability.

You never say never, but I wouldn't put money on Dahl getting cut.

fastcat

Pro Bowler
And we better resign Turner. He can play or backup 3 positions, and he is a pretty solid player as far as depth goes.