16 players that could fall to the Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Sum1BTRthnU said:
Angry Ram said:
fastcat said:
I dont get how just about everyone forgets Rok started the season as the starting LG. Then he got hurt. Then (hopefully) we still have Turner as a backup G/C. But i say if Warmack is there take him, if not we can afford to pick a G late in the draft. Tackle is the big need on the line IMO.

There's a chance Harvey Dahl might get cut to save some money. So if he's gonie, there's still a need for OG, and Rok is still young enough (and more of a project) to put in @ RG.

Robert Turner might not be resigned, who knows. But he's a backup and just...OK.
I don't see that happeneing. Yes, Harvey Dahl is getting older...but he isn't OLD for a lineman, and his salary isn't out of line for a player of his ability.

You never say never, but I wouldn't put money on Dahl getting cut.

I agree that Harvey Dahl cost & value is very good. Certainly his age is not an issue he could play way past 35 yrs old. I for one thought that in 2011 when he played ORT for three games was one of his finest moments. Harvey show'd the NFL world he is more than a mean run blocking right OG. It was my opinion that he was our best playing ORT that year. One should not forget that experience provides his team a viable option if the need is there for him to play ORT and be just fine. Sad thing here is Demoff. Snead & Fisher do not have many options at finding possible cap space in many places..as discussed last week after the 7 mil from SJ, the 4 mil from Wayne Hunter & the 3 mil cap savings from Mikell is it. If you want more you will have to turn to that 8 mill sitting there for Harvey for his services for 2013 & 2014.

With the ongoing third rehab in less than a yr for our Center Wells a back up for him is mandatory! Turner will cost He is a starter now he has 16 starts under his belt @ both center & OG so purchasing his services will be much more that his 3/4 mil last season. The draft is not good for centers but we should remember that our starting OLG & ORG last season could be versatile enough to take up that position that Robert Turner did last yr. That guy is Shelley Smith ...he has played center in college some & he was also used @ center in training camp for the Texans too. We saw Shelley Smith's first yr on an NFL roster show us he could start for Robert Turner & Harvey Dahl without too much of a decline in play level. So I see no reason why the Rams just don't go with the ideal of having Shelley Smith as the replacement for Turner what do you think? Tim Barnes is unsigned as of yet but he is a ERFA so he will cost a little more likely about 3/4 of a mil to get him back in a Ram uni. Tim Barnes went UDFA in 2011 but signed with the Ravens they cut him just before the 2011 season started. The Rams picked him up and he stuck on the Rams PS for the entire 2011 season. He endured the several Ram mini camps then the training camp then preseason & was released a week before the 2012 season started. One week later he was resigned for the first time to the Rams 53 player roster. So Barnes now has two training camps & preseasons & one full Ram season under his experience. So its not as if Barnes is as green as a Oregon liberal. Do you think that it would be safe for Snead & Fisher to go in that direction? It's a sound direction with very little cost. If Wells goes down for the 4th time as a Ram ...so Smith could slide in back in as starting OL'er with Barnes in relief.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
BonifayRam said:
Sum1BTRthnU said:
Angry Ram said:
fastcat said:
I dont get how just about everyone forgets Rok started the season as the starting LG. Then he got hurt. Then (hopefully) we still have Turner as a backup G/C. But i say if Warmack is there take him, if not we can afford to pick a G late in the draft. Tackle is the big need on the line IMO.

There's a chance Harvey Dahl might get cut to save some money. So if he's gonie, there's still a need for OG, and Rok is still young enough (and more of a project) to put in @ RG.

Robert Turner might not be resigned, who knows. But he's a backup and just...OK.
I don't see that happeneing. Yes, Harvey Dahl is getting older...but he isn't OLD for a lineman, and his salary isn't out of line for a player of his ability.

I agree that Harvey Dahl cost & value is very good. Certainly his age is not an issue he could play way past 35 yrs old. I for one thought that in 2011 when he played ORT for three games was one of his finest moments. Harvey show'd the NFL world he is more than a mean run blocking right OG. It was my opinion that he was our best playing ORT that year. One should not forget that experience provides his team a viable option if the need is there for him to play ORT and be just fine. Sad thing here is Demoff. Snead & Fisher do not have many options at finding possible cap space in many places..as discussed last week after the 7 mil from SJ, the 4 mil from Wayne Hunter & the 3 mil cap savings from Mikell is it. If you want more you will have to turn to that 8 mill sitting there for Harvey for his services for 2013 & 2014.

With the ongoing third rehab in less than a yr for our Center Wells a back up for him is mandatory! Turner will cost He is a starter now he has 16 starts under his belt @ both center & OG so purchasing his services will be much more that his 3/4 mil last season. The draft is not good for centers but we should remember that our starting OLG & ORG last season could be versatile enough to take up that position that Robert Turner did last yr. That guy is Shelley Smith ...he has played center in college some & he was also used @ center in training camp for the Texans too. We saw Shelley Smith's first yr on an NFL roster show us he could start for Robert Turner & Harvey Dahl without too much of a decline in play level. So I see no reason why the Rams just don't go with the ideal of having Shelley Smith as the replacement for Turner what do you think? Tim Barnes is unsigned as of yet but he is a ERFA so he will cost a little more likely about 3/4 of a mil to get him back in a Ram uni. Tim Barnes went UDFA in 2011 but signed with the Ravens they cut him just before the 2011 season started. The Rams picked him up and he stuck on the Rams PS for the entire 2011 season. He endured the several Ram mini camps then the training camp then preseason & was released a week before the 2012 season started. One week later he was resigned for the first time to the Rams 53 player roster. So Barnes now has two training camps & preseasons & one full Ram season under his experience. So its not as if Barnes is as green as a Oregon liberal. Do you think that it would be safe for Snead & Fisher to go in that direction? It's a sound direction with very little cost. If Wells goes down for the 4th time as a Ram ...so Smith could slide in back in as starting OL'er with Barnes in relief.

I don't want Harvey cut, I'm just saying it's possible.

Also wonder if Barrett Jones could be drafted in the 2nd or 3rd to be the future OG or C.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Angry Ram said:
BonifayRam said:
Sum1BTRthnU said:
Angry Ram said:
fastcat said:

I don't want Harvey cut, I'm just saying it's possible.

Also wonder if Barrett Jones could be drafted in the 2nd or 3rd to be the future OG or C.

Several things go into the mix with Jones..its a very poor draft year for good centers so he IMO is overvalued. Jones also is rehabbing it with a recent lfoot surgery...Jones is consider more OG than center...more OLG than ORG so he would be a good selection for a team needing a OLG & a good back up center for a zone blocking type OL. Jones just does not fit well for us IMO. He is slated to go late first rd early 2nd rd. I would touch him with any of our first or second picks. I am not sure I would pull the trigger on him with our #78 pick. I would go OT before I would OLG/OC Jones with that #78 selection myself. Rams have a bunch of OLG's like Smith, Washington & Watkins looking to fight it out @ that open OG post. All those three were lefty's in college too!

I hope we keep Harvey Dahl on that Right side too!