#13- Retire it!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
I don't think he is a Ram at heart so no. He was certainly good enough as a player to be worthy though.
If that's true, perhaps being shown the respect he deserves from the Rams will help change that feeling.

I don't think he holds any grudges over the circumstances of his leaving, but I do think it's natural he's going to be more loyal to his more recent team, just as Faulk considers himself more than a Ram than a Colt.

Dickerson might be an exception to this theory though.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
He said he feels more partial to ARZ. They can retire it. (Did they, already?)
exactly. if zona is going to be the team he's loyal to, then let them retire his number.

tell me, howya going to feel when he's inducted into the HOF as a cardinal?

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
exactly. if zona is going to be the team he's loyal to, then let them retire his number.

That's F'ed up, I'll be mad as hell.

He was a champion as a Ram.

Last edited:

Boffo97

Name
Dave

I'd be shocked if he wasn't inducted as both a Ram and a Cardinal. Especially since, IIRC, the NFL Hall of Fame isn't like the MLB Hall where you decide one team to be inducted as. If you're in at a certain position, you're in with all the teams you made major contributions with.

Like I think Dickerson is in as both a Ram and a Colt, and his stints with the Raiders and Falcons are listed as minor contributions.

EDIT: From: http://www.profootballhof.com/hof/teams.aspx

Hall of Famers who made the major part of their primary contribution for any one club are listed in bold. In cases where a player contributed about equally and/or in a major way to two or more clubs – he is listed in bold under both clubs (ie. Gary Zimmerman is listed with both the Vikings and the Broncos as his primary teams). Hall of Famers who spent only a minor portion of their career with any club are listed under that club in normal font.

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
Hell with letting Arizona retire it that's our honor, his throwing style was the final piece to GSOT without Kurt say with Green instead I don't know if we have a storybook ending. Give the man his due!

RAM's-NWST

UDFA

The whole situation with Warner and this issue to me is as much to do with how the RAMs have treated him than a love affair with Zona. "If you can't be with the one you love, love the one you're with..."

Pancake

Hall of Fame
Name
Ernie
He should mess with everyone and go in as a Giant.:p

Actually players aren't inducted with a specific team in the NFL HOF...

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
This is why his number should be retired.

Conversation over.

KurtWarner.jpg

MerlinJones

Pro Bowler
Speaking of winning a Super Bowl.
In chronological order:
Jim McMahon, Doug Williams, Jeff Hostetler, Mark Rypien, Trent Dilfer, Brad Johnson.

All of these guys were winning QBs in the Super Bowl, several the MVP of the game.
Should their respective teams feel obliged to retire their numbers as well?

Please understand, I'm a big fan of Kurt Warner as a Ram.
I just don't think it's necessary to retire his number for him to be appreciated as a player.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I'd be ok with retiring that number but we really need to acknowledge there aren't a finite amount of numbers to be worn and 94 is going to be gone soon too.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Getting rid of a number permanently should be based on being a beast over a long period of time and retiring as a Ram.
That's my opinion, anyway.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
As said in another thread; I'm not a big fan of retiring numbers.

Great players can be honoured in other ways. When the new stadium is built, I hope they build a place for statues. That's an awesome way to acknowledge a great player.

Boffo97

Name
Dave
Getting rid of a number permanently should be based on being a beast over a long period of time and retiring as a Ram.
That's my opinion, anyway.
So I take it you weren't a fan of #29 being retired?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
So I take it you weren't a fan of #29 being retired?
I'm not a fan of doing it at all, really. There are other ways to immortalize players without prohibiting future players from ever wearing the same number. And since it's all subjective anyway (qualifying what constitutes retiring a number), where do you draw the line? Van Brocklin won a Championship and appeared in another Championship game, but here we are with T.J. McDonald strutting around with a legend's number.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Unless you want your great-great grandchildren cheering for #135 & #893, we've gotta stop retiring almost anybodies number...the best of the best, with longevity...X has it right....

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
As said in another thread; I'm not a big fan of retiring numbers.

Great players can be honoured in other ways. When the new stadium is built, I hope they build a place for statues. That's an awesome way to acknowledge a great player.

I'm not huge on retiring numbers either, but 13 should be off the table IMO

The idea of having an area where fans could walk through statues with bio's one players is excellent and I'd love to see that. Like a monument in DC only in STL for former players and all gathered together rather than spread out around the stadium. A team HOF.

Boffo97

Name
Dave
Unless you want your great-great grandchildren cheering for #135 & #893, we've gotta stop retiring almost anybodies number...the best of the best, with longevity...X has it right....
In an episode of Futurama, teams had to resort to assigning fractions to people.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Who are the QBs who won world champoinships with the Rams? Are their numbers retired?