#13- Retire it!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ABIGRAMFAN

UDFA
Name
ABIGRAMFAN
Does it bother any of you that #13 is being worn on the field and not a retired #?

Nothing against Chris Givens, but it bugs me. Warner's # should be retired.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Not at all, love what he did for us, but he wasn't here long enough to get the nod for retirement.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
It bothered me when I heard Givens was going to wear that number. Givens should have known better and had more respect than that. Half the people that come to the games still have a #13 jersey.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Personally I think it should be retired. Understand why some say no, but he gets my vote.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It bothered me when I heard Givens was going to wear that number. Givens should have known better and had more respect than that. Half the people that come to the games still have a #13 jersey.

I hope givens doesn't delude himself like gilyard did a few years ago - "so many fans are wearing my number".

Btw, I have no problem with givens wearing that number.

MerlinJones

Pro Bowler
No problem at all with #13 being active.

Retiring a number should be reserved for all-time greats.
As much as I like and appreciate Warner, I don't think it's called for.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
His loyalty is with the Cardinals and he openly admits it. Fine by me, I don't blame him after Martz was solely responsible for his failures post-2002. I'd do exactly the same thing also.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
I don't blame him after Martz was solely responsible for his failures post-2002.

So Martz was to blame for Warner not being able to hold onto the football in New York and Arizona?
I would blame the broken thumb before I'd point my crooked finger at Martz.

SierraRam

Recreational User
Kurt led the GSOT to the Lombardi Trophy. #13 is in. And #76, Big O too!

(and #65, HOF'er Tom Mack)

Leuzer

Daniel Leu
This is probably an unpopular idea but I would never retire a jersey #. Just stick with the ring of honor so others players have the option to wear their favorite number.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
This is probably an unpopular idea but I would never retire a jersey #. Just stick with the ring of honor so others players have the option to wear their favorite number.

I agree with that, but since they do retire #'s I think his should be retired.

In 50-100 years the nfl will jave to start using numbers above 99 lol

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
People wore #29 before it was retired too (not to mention #75, but that was way too long).

I think it should be retired, but Givens (nor Brock Berlin) is part of the problem.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
So Martz was to blame for Warner not being able to hold onto the football in New York and Arizona?
I would blame the broken thumb before I'd point my crooked finger at Martz.

Martz was also notorious for getting QBs killed because he wanted to chuck it deep most of the time, just ask Jay Cutler and Alex Smith. He's an excellent OC to have when a head coach can keep his ego in check, otherwise he'll abandon the run game entirely so bad that even a decent pass rushing team will look like the Fearsome Foursome out there.

Debacled

Starter
I love me some Warner, but lets be real here. Yes, he was directly responsible for that SB win in 99. He only had 2 healthy seasons in STL (blame Martz if you will), and between the other three seasons he played just about enough games to fill out one season's schedule of games. Injuries or superbowls or what have you he ended up playing essentially for quite a short time for the Rams and also ended up playing more games in Arizona.

Retire numbers at that rate and there won't be any left to choose from in hardly any time at all.

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
Retiring numbers is stupid. There are 99 numbers and 90 pre-season roster spots, it doesn't make sense.

Is it not a team sport anyway?

Pancake

Hall of Fame
Name
Ernie
I don't think he is a Ram at heart so no. He was certainly good enough as a player to be worthy though.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
the guy pledged his allegiance to Zona.... no way do we retire his number.