13 - 3 / 6 - 0 . . . and rising.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
The rumors of the Rams demise were greatly exaggerated.

The team came in to this season with high expectations and there are 3 more games they have to take care of business to win and claim a slice of greatness for themselves and their teammates. This team has goals that are far from accomplished and I still feel like anything short of at least 1 playoff win will feel disappointing.. but really, honestly, this season has already been amazing and it has raised expectations as it went along.

Going into the playoffs healthy, with the leagues best 1-2 punch at RB and a surging D, these Rams are nothing like the team that 3 weeks ago the media and some fans began writing off as a gimmick figured out. "The book was out". Nah. It isn't out. You can't even pre-order it. It isn't published because it hasn't been written.

McVay is not perfect... but damnit he is good and getting better.
Goff is not perfect, but damnit he's good too and getting better.
Donald is not perfect, but he is the best player in the game.. and he is getting better.

13 - 3 regular season record is not perfect, but it is damn good. 6-0 in our division is not per- well, actually it is... and the Rams are still getting better.

Varg6

Starter
Name
Jake
I hear you brother. We’re learning. This entire team is young and growing. I actually really love having Anderson, not just because he’s obviously been a beast, but he provides a veteran presence on the offense. We have Talib on defense which has obviously been an excellent presence for our D. These past two weeks were exactly what I was hoping for and we did even better than I thought. Look at Arizona. They put up a hell of a game against Seattle. We destroyed them last week and we also made a solid Niners team, who barely lost to Chicago last week, look bad. I’m proud of this team and I truly believe we have a bright future. I’ve never been more excited for the playoffs. LET’S GO RAMS BABY!!!!!!!!!!

P.S. thanks to Cooks and Anderson I won my office league fantasy football league, so suffice to say I am PUMPED!!!!!!

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I disagree, Donald is perfect

If he had been perfect the 1st 4 weeks too, he would have the sack record. :hiding:

Not quite *perfect* - but like I said, he is the best player in the NFL and easily the best Rams defender in my lifetime.

Next season Donald gets it on his way to the career leader in sacks and a 1st ballot HOF induction.

Oregonram

OregonRam
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You may want to tamp down that “surging” D description. We did create some turnovers, but that pathetic, weak, incompetent, anemic niner offense laid over 30 points on us....inexcusable. How much would Brady score on this D? I don’t think I want to know. Still a little perturbed...sorry...Go Rams

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
You may want to tamp down that “surging” D description. We did create some turnovers, but that pathetic, weak, incompetent, anemic niner offense laid over 30 points on us....inexcusable. How much would Brady score on this D? I don’t think I want to know. Still a little perturbed...sorry...Go Rams

Not all of the whiners points came against our starters. The D isnt great but they have been playing better lately, until the ILBs learn to fill the space vacated by ADs upfield rush the D will get gashed.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave

Sometimes people like being concerned. They look for signs to validate their feelings and ignore the indications thst things are okay.

The AZ cardinals almost beat the "hard to beat seahawks".
We crushed them a week ago. The 49ers just took it to the 3 seed Bears a week ago.

Nobody cruises to wins in this league.
Our D was playing great until they let their foot off the pedal.
Idgaf how many points they scored in garbage time against our back ups to make it look respectable. They have a good coach and are div rivals and yeah dude, we absolutely took it to them.

I didnt say they were a top defense. I said surging - as in improving. If you havent noticed their improvement and increased urgency lately, its because you are not looking for it, imo.

Last edited:

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma

They scored fourteen of those points against our backups. I'm not concerned.

Oregonram

OregonRam
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I get it...I do have a tendency to worry, part of the ptsd known as 45 year fan. I hate the whiners, and I’m just mad that they scored so many points on us, because their team is a dumpster fire. I am a fan, just a little upset, I wanted total annhilation.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I get it...I do have a tendency to worry, part of the ptsd known as 45 year fan. I hate the whiners, and I’m just mad that they scored so many points on us, because their team is a dumpster fire. I am a fan, just a little upset, I wanted total annhilation.

I get it my Ram brother.
I just wanted to take a quick look at this team and its work this regular season. We are not perfect, but man, 13 - 3, perfect in the division, the 2 seed, Gurley and Donald leading the league in TDs and and sacks...

We all started to hold our breaths for our postseason expectations and maybe we started to lose sight to just how good this team is and has been this season. Our reg season is in the books now and as a bunch of long suffering Rams fans, we should really take the time to stop and smell the roses, so to speak.

Oregonram

OregonRam
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I’m with you..we really are a good team, I would love to see this defense put it all together in the playoffs. Thank you for providing some good perspective. Thanks for being a good Rams bro. Go Rams!!!!

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I’m with you..we really are a good team, I would love to see this defense put it all together in the playoffs. Thank you for providing some good perspective. Thanks for being a good Rams bro. Go Rams!!!!

Thank you too man. ROD is good for that sort of thing.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The thing about that three game “slump” we had zero running threat Gurley was hurting (you could see it from the lions game ) our offense was compromised from losing brown and Gurley being dinged and Mcvay not trusting Kelly in pass protection

CJ comes in and the offense is rolling again we could get back to that deadly play action passing game

The smothered our passing game due to no threat from the run game they won’t be able to do that in the playoffs

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
48-17 fits that description pretty well. That was before the starters came out.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
The thing about that three game “slump” we had zero running threat Gurley was hurting (you could see it from the lions game )
I wouldn't call the Lions game a "slump", 30 points and Gurley ran for 132 and 5.7 ypc, 2 TDs. The Lion's D used the perfect scheme against our deep passing attack.

Last edited:

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
https%3A%2F%2Fcdn.evbuc.com%2Fimages%2F45101275%2F4843710280%2F1%2Foriginal.jpg

53-534154_finger-pointing-down-clip-art-u79odh-clipart-pointing-finger-animated-gif.png

gettyimages-859135102.jpg

IE Rams

Pro Bowler
I get it...I do have a tendency to worry, part of the ptsd known as 45 year fan. I hate the whiners . . .

:rolllaugh:I hear ya, OR. I’m a Dodger fan as well, so I know pain. The better my teams do, the likelier my negativity sets in. It’s practically a Pavlovian response by now.

And I hate the whiners too. Very very much.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I wouldn't call the Lions game a "slump", 30 points and Gurley ran for 132 and 5.7 ypc, 2 TDs. The Lion's D used the perfect scheme against our deep passing attack.
It’s why I used “air quotes “ on the word slump

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
It’s why I used “air quotes “ on the word slump
So the offense wasn't in a slump vs Chicago? Your statement was true in regards to the other two games, and you were speaking about the lack of a running threat even from the lions game. So you didn't mean any of it because you put it "air quotes"? I guess I'm confused.

Last edited:

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So the offense wasn't in a slump vs Chicago? But your statement was true in regards to the other two games, and you were speaking about the lack of a running threat even from the lions game. I guess I'm confused.
No neither

The three game “ slump “ where people were decrying the offense Mcvay had lost it, Goff was back to bust status

Gurley despite his good game against the lions hurt his leg early (you could see it in the game although it seems he was playing with a niggle since the raiders game ) goff and the entire o line looked awful people thought goff was ill

I’m saying the offense wasn’t as effective as usual against the bears and the eagles because the lack of our ability to run the ball effectively with losing brown and Gurley being dinged up and they played to stop the pass