Zimmer fires OC DeFilippo

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ArkyRamsFan

Pro Bowler
And I remember Allan Malamud's column
Ahhh....loved Allan Malamud's writing style. Wasn't anyone quite like him. And just LOVED it when he would call his fellow sports writer, Doug Krikorian, "Son of Krikor!!" With these two at the old Herald Examiner and Jim Murray and Bob Oates at the LA Times it just didn't get any better for sports fans.

~ArkyRamsFan~

jacktheripper85

Starter
Quite Frankly Zimmer and DeFilippo were not on the same page and this is crucial for Zimmer as IMO, he wanted to run more often and DeFilippo was a pass first OC. Kevin Stefanski who was the QB Coach and blocked by the Vikings from moving with Shurmur to the Giants will now call plays for Minnesota....Not sure what happens to DeFilippo now as I doubt he's looked at for a Head Coaching gig and I'm not sure if he'd be hired as an OC either, but will have to keep an eye on this.

I predict that the Vikings have a huge offensive day this Sunday against the Dolphins, just a gut feeling.

You’re right. I heard they haven’t been getting along most of the year. Zimmer thought he was too pass happy. That’s what happens with these up and coming OCs-afraid calling too many running plays isn’t creative enough so they call pass plays 85% of the time to show how innovative they are.

kmramsfan

Old School Ram Fan
Name
Keith
Meh.... old guy.
I'm sexier than you.jpg
THAN you. Grammar nazi. Lol

BriansRams

"Rams next Superbowl is 2023 season." - (Oct 2022)
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
Haha. I seriously keep reading his name as Del-Flippo for some dyslexic reason.

rams1fan

Pro Bowler
Seems to me Zimmer should have figured what he wanted in the first place. If Deflepino is a negative that is on Zimmer.

Kevin

Pro Bowler
You’re right. I heard they haven’t been getting along most of the year. Zimmer thought he was too pass happy. That’s what happens with these up and coming OCs-afraid calling too many running plays isn’t creative enough so they call pass plays 85% of the time to show how innovative they are.
In DeFilippo's defense, Dalvin Cook got hurt early in the season, leaving them with Latavious Murray and a couple of rookies. Their starting offensive line was "meh" to start the season and they lost a few starters to injury early in the year. The Vikes paid a lot for Kirk Cousins so why not have him throw the ball to Diggs, Theilen and Rudolph?

jacktheripper85

Starter
In DeFilippo's defense, Dalvin Cook got hurt early in the season, leaving them with Latavious Murray and a couple of rookies. Their starting offensive line was "meh" to start the season and they lost a few starters to injury early in the year. The Vikes paid a lot for Kirk Cousins so why not have him throw the ball to Diggs, Theilen and Rudolph?

That’s exactly what they’ve been doing and they’ve been losing. That’s why he got fired. But, after watching Cousins this year and his career record of 4-27 against teams with a winning record maybe the GM is the one who should have gotten fired.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Yeah, I'd love to have Flip here. I don't think he's the problem with that offense. But I bet he gets another OC job this offseason.

I think the problem is injuries to the Oline and having a less mobile QB.

One of my offseason wishes came true. I was hoping that the Vikings would be wishing they had retained Keemun and not signed the pricey Cousins. There definitely is a different feel with that team with Cousins in charge, despite him being the better passer.

Seems like it just wasn't gonna work out between Zim and Flip. Easy scapegoat, but the Vikings' line has been subpar this year.

Flip is having an off year, but I think he's gonna be a solid HC someday.