Zimmer fires OC DeFilippo

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Eagle fans on sports radio are hoping they can bring him back for the Rams game.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Bring him in as an advisor Sean. This guy was the hottest name for an OC job last year, don’t let him go to a competitor.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Quite Frankly Zimmer and DeFilippo were not on the same page and this is crucial for Zimmer as IMO, he wanted to run more often and DeFilippo was a pass first OC. Kevin Stefanski who was the QB Coach and blocked by the Vikings from moving with Shurmur to the Giants will now call plays for Minnesota....Not sure what happens to DeFilippo now as I doubt he's looked at for a Head Coaching gig and I'm not sure if he'd be hired as an OC either, but will have to keep an eye on this.

I predict that the Vikings have a huge offensive day this Sunday against the Dolphins, just a gut feeling.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Zimmers will be next to go. Outdated coach IMO.

I agree he might well be fired this season. But Zimmer--much as I hate the dude--remains one of the better defensive minds in this league.

If he's fired he'll be out of work all of five minutes and some team will benefit from him maximizing their defensive talent. The job he did with Minnesota's defensive roster last season was incredible. His Vikes defensive group is similar to our own defense, where they need to be purged at key positions and have some fresh blood added.

And re: DeFillipo... Dude remains a talented offensive mind. He will be a top OC in this league at some point, just a matter of time. Problem is fans are always a bit too ready to assume guys forget what they know or that the equation in the league has changed too much. They don't and it hasn't. The only thing that has changed is that teams value offensive minds more than defensive minds, there is a greater appreciation now (thanks largely to Goff) for pairing an offensive mind with a young QB, and the NFL rule changes have given offensives a charge this season.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah, I'd love to have Flip here. I don't think he's the problem with that offense. But I bet he gets another OC job this offseason.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Yeah, I'd love to have Flip here. I don't think he's the problem with that offense. But I bet he gets another OC job this offseason.

Of course he will, it's not even a question tbh. And yes I do hope that McVay offered him a "down the stretch" offer just like he did Kingsbury.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Who is Zimmerman? :eek:

dr-z-paul-zimmerman-portrait-binoculars-325.jpg