Zeurlein Extension???

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
It’s been 8 years guys.

Z-U-E-R-L-E-I-N

But yes, he’s the best kicker in the league. You extend him.

Psycho_X

Legend
With the way the Rams are operating these last couple of years they seem to be banking on the salary cap ballooning with the new cba so sure why not. Can't have enough players earning top dollars at their positions on your team I suppose. Half kidding aside, yes please resign GZ.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
It’s been 8 years guys.

Z-U-E-R-L-E-I-N

But yes, he’s the best kicker in the league. You extend him.

Justin Tucker is the best in the league and it's not close.

I LOVES me some Legatron, but he's top 3, not the best.

oldnotdead

Legend
Wow what a massive over reaction to one missed FG. Greg is better than most kickers.

How soon people forget. This team doesn't make it to the Super Bowl last year without Greg.

oldnotdead

Legend
With the way the Rams are operating these last couple of years they seem to be banking on the salary cap ballooning with the new cba

No they are doing proper cap management. It's clear Whit and Talib won't be back and they alone account for $24.6M against the cap. Brockers is on the bubble as his production doesn't balance with his $10.7M cap hit. Troy Hill and Nickell account for another $8M and IMO both are bubble sitters, especially Nickell. They already cleared $5.8M off the books with Peters. That's $48M right there.

Right now the Rams cap hit is $184.4M leaving them about $5M for the rest of the season, which would seem adequate. In 2020 things get uncertain due to the expiring CBA. But projections are for the Cap to rise to about $200M which means about a $11M increase. Factor what I've posted above and you can see they should have between $60-$70M in cap space next year. The CBA complicates signing extensions which accounts for why some teams have been waiting on extending people.

Regardless I see no need to worry about having the cap to sign their key players to nice extensions.

tklongball

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Wow what a massive over reaction to one missed FG. Greg is better than most kickers.

How soon people forget. This team doesn't make it to the Super Bowl last year without Greg.
Wow did you miss the point of my question. I have said multiple times in this thread that I like GZ, and hope, and think they will keep him. I am asking if it is a possibility that they don't re-sign him do to the other demands of the salary cap.

Good lord, it is like people read only the title and don't read the posts. Please point out where I overreacted to his missed field goal... I'll wait. In fact, just point out where I am hoping we get rid of him, or think he is a bad kicker.