Youth of the Defense

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

iced

I think it's pretty obvious why our defense is struggling - it's the young safeties... lot of bad angles and not so good coverage, then we lose Mcdonald to a fracutered leg...for how long?

And was Witherspoon benched for Ray Ray or was he just injured? I liked Ray Ray in there better than Spoon, thought we were better on D

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
iced said:
I think it's pretty obvious why our defense is struggling - it's the young safeties... lot of bad angles and not so good coverage, then we lose Mcdonald to a fracutered leg...for how long?

And was Witherspoon benched for Ray Ray or was he just injured? I liked Ray Ray in there better than Spoon, thought we were better on D

You make good points. And I think you're right.
I also thought Ray Ray was a upgrade. He was active. No Idea on Spoon being hurt.

iced

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
god Giodano is gonna get us killed... this defense is about to take another serious step back unless stewart magically gets healthy

RamzFanz

Damnit
Finny isn't cutting it. Giodano isn't cutting it.

The McSafties are young and making mistakes but also making plays. Comes with the territory. I like their chances next season if they keep learning.

iced

RamzFanz said:
Finny isn't cutting it. Giodano isn't cutting it.

The McSafties are young and making mistakes but also making plays. Comes with the territory. I like their chances next season if they keep learning.

I don't see Mcleod being there next season - he's not looked good since he's started.... he seriously reminds me of craig dahl

I bet one of our first 4 picks is a Safety next year

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
McLeod has been horrible that last couple of games, not real good in other games. I like McDonald, yes he's missed some tackles, but not for taking shit angles, and he's going to be a play maker, huge loss in my book. Giordano, no. Finnegan has been our worst defender all year, and that is saying a lot, glad he got benched, he is two steps slow this year for whatever reason.

Should have played Tru on Boldin, because Boldin just uses his fat ass to push off, and JJ had no chance.

Even if Stewart is healthy and plays lights out, we will struggle the rest of the year at safety I'm afraid.

RamzFanz

Damnit
DR RAM said:
McLeod has been horrible that last couple of games, not real good in other games. I like McDonald, yes he's missed some tackles, but not for taking shyte angles, and he's going to be a play maker, huge loss in my book. Giordano, no. Finnegan has been our worst defender all year, and that is saying a lot, glad he got benched, he is two steps slow this year for whatever reason.

Should have played Tru on Boldin, because Boldin just uses his fat ass to push off, and JJ had no chance.

Even if Stewart is healthy and plays lights out, we will struggle the rest of the year at safety I'm afraid.

We should have put someone on boldin that, when he tried to push off, could grab his wrist and twist it into a pretzel.

iced

i'd rather move cortland to safety at this point

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
iced said:
We might have to, but would he be better than what we have? The dude's playing so poorly that I was excited to see him benched. If it is truly a lingering injury, then let him heal, and then see what we have. If it's not an injury, I'm not sure that he CAN play safety.

iced

DR RAM said:
iced said:
We might have to, but would he be better than what we have? The dude's playing so poorly that I was excited to see him benched. If it is truly a lingering injury, then let him heal, and then see what we have. If it's not an injury, I'm not sure that he CAN play safety.

I think he would be a significant upgrade. Mcleod is taking bad, bad angles and has been terrible in coverage - and I'm not sure it's not mental related... And don't get me started on how bad Giodano is - he's not even a starter for a reason.

And when I couldn't help but wonder if Cort was expecting Safety help on one or two of those throws to to boldin - he looked like he intentionally played the under route when boldin ran the route of the left slot.

So yes, compared to our other options - I think cort would be a huge upgrade at safety vs those giodano/mcleod

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
iced said:
DR RAM said:
iced said:

I think he would be a significant upgrade. Mcleod is taking bad, bad angles and has been terrible in coverage - and I'm not sure it's not mental related... And don't get me started on how bad Giodano is - he's not even a starter for a reason.

And when I couldn't help but wonder if Cort was expecting Safety help on one or two of those throws to to boldin - he looked like he intentionally played the under route when boldin ran the route of the left slot.

So yes, compared to our other options - I think cort would be a huge upgrade at safety vs those giodano/mcleod
Maybe, IF he's not injured. If he's injured, he needs to rest, agree?

I agree that Giordano, McLeod doesn't sound very good. At least throw Stewart in there if he's healthy now.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Speaking of Youth of the Defense...

Spoon's hammy might allow Ray Ray to get some playing time on early downs. I'm all for that. Spoon looks washed-up to me. Ray Ray is flying around like a bat out of hell with one wing up and the other wing down with it's ass on fire. Let him get some playing time as quickly as possible. Certainly won't hurt our defensive "production".

bluecoconuts

Legend
iced said:
DR RAM said:
iced said:

The first TD should have been 3 points, McLeod took an awful angle to the play and completely took himself out of the play by running into another defender (McDonald?) and the 49er he was covering. I've also noticed a few times he's rolled coverage to the wrong side and it's made us pay. I think a true ballhawking FS is something we look to get next year in the draft.