You're the Rams Head Coach - What do you do?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

paceram

Pro Bowler
Just curious on what actions would you take if you were the Rams Head Coach for the remainder of this season to attempt to get the Rams on the right track. I just can't (or, just don't want to) believe the Rams are this bad!

Slappy967

Starter
If I am Fish I start taking a more hands on approach with the defensive playcalling and offensively I put the ball in Stacy and Bam Bam's hands in the backfield.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
I start making very aggressive play calls on offense. Not hail maries, but working deep middles, crossing patterns, bunch formations, and out routes. The check down would be no less than five yards. I run the ball through stretching the field pulling the TE and RT. That would put the defense on its heels and that's not what we do. Schotty is as bad as the NYJ fans said he was. Ill praise my lucky stars when hes gone. Too much talent for the Rams offense to suck this bad. I'm basicalling want Mad Mike back. He was my favorite. Actually, we have the tools this time to run Josh McD's offense. We didn't in 2011. I'm taking the opposite approach of Schotty.,

xander47

Rookie
Nothing you can do with your two back up offensive tackles, and no run game/running back that can't pass protect

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 4

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
Fire the OC "Shittingdownmypastsandhavenofuckingclueheimer," and then fire the DC "Ihavenowalnuts"

FLramFAN

Rookie
xander47 said:
Nothing you can do with your two back up offensive tackles, and no run game/running back that can't pass protect

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 4

I agree, but the OL was thin to start the season. The pass protection from the RB was a known factor as well.

I blame the coaching and coordinators as much as the players.

The players have to execute but the coaches and coordinators have to use the players skills-set in the best way possible.

There are two philosophies to coaching....

1 - This is what we are going to do, regardless of the type of player we have.

2 - We'll adjust what we are going to do based upon the type of player we have.

After many years of playing and coaching the game. And being a coach that stuck to philosophy #1, I realize how much better of a coach I'd have been and how much better my teams would have been if I'd been able to let go of the ego thinking my schemes were so great and would have played to the strengths of my players.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
Make Bradford play out of the shotgun 90% of the time. Make him use the hurry up. Trade for a RB.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
Take Schott out back and do what should have been done a long time ago.

Then agree to never sign somebody based on because I knew his daddy.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Fire myself and my coordinators...because that would make me Fisher.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
th

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
But see that's the fuckin problem...ain't none of us are the Rams' HC. We're just sitting here behind keyboards crying for this and that!

The whole country saw what a damn joke this offense was. It's not that hard to see all the RBs SUCK. They just do. Enough babying them and waiting for them to "get it." The OL is worse than expected, and it's the same old garbage line w/ vets we've seen year in and out. Every year they boast a new, improved, talented veteran line. Either they get hurt and drastically underperform.

Get it or get out, that's my philosophy now. Looks like Cortland Finnegan is the 1st one on the bus for the latter now. Thigh injury my ass.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
I tell Schotty he has the next 4 games to prove he deserves to be the OC, I tell Walton he has 2 weeks to prove he deserves his job(the Rams did ok without a DC last yr). I let every player know that their job is on the
line, continue with what we saw tonight, let the young players get so PT, see what Ray Ray, BC, ZS, BQ and co can do in more than garbage time.

And I pray that the coaching staff solves a lot of the problems and the players get some confidence with a big win over Jacksonville.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
I essentially go through this video and replace every "sell" with "win"

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kZg_ALxEz0[/youtube]

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
They don't have the line to go hurry up unless you don't want Bradford to survive the season.

To salvage the season and be competitive they have to find a way to run the ball. Go get a FB that can help the run game now...this week!! You need something to help the OL to move the pile a little.

Then re-evaluate Shottenhiemer and decide now what offense you have to run in the future. Then this off-season get a coordinator that fits your vision of a balanced offense.

BTW, some liked to compare Bradford to Aikman when he came out, well go get him a Cowboy-like OL and a High caliber RB to help open up the passing game.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
HitStick said:
Make Bradford play out of the shotgun 90% of the time. Make him use the hurry up. Trade for a RB.

Start benching non-producing over-paid players.

Trade for some O linemen.

Take a more hands on approach, especially on D.