Your Top 5 RB’s

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I sorted these lists by yards, then by attempts.

Who are your top 5 RB’s for 2023?

BF0F94CE-AE9D-449F-8E26-5506289B1C04.png

CBD22621-EAEC-40E3-B69C-58755361C69E.png

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
If the question is, who is your top 5 RB's for the next season only:

1. Barkley - Finally a mostly healthy season. He has it all, size, speed, power, elite receiving, contact balance, burst
2. CMC - Similar to Barkley with less power in his game but more receiving prowess
3. Josh Jacobs - Amazing season and surpassed Chubb for me last year. Great receiver also
4. Chubb - Best pure running back, less receiving chops
5. Tony Pollard - This is my pure wildcard. He had over 150 less attempts then Jacobs, but averaged 5.2/yard per carry, which is elite. If given the full load, this guy is going to be in the top 10 at worst in yards.

Or, who is your top 5 QB's going forward (youth being considered)?
Bijan Robinson
Breece Hall
Kenneth Walker
Jahmyr Gibbs
Javonte Williams (depending upon knee)

PARAM

Hall of Fame
As far as straight up in rushing, yards and ypc matter. But you also have guys like McCaffrey and Ekler with over 700 yards of receiving. Marshall never led running backs in rushing yards but he was hands down, the #1 RB. Not saying Ekler or McCaffrey are #1 but they should be ranked higher than their rushing yards. No?

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Well the best dude for us prior to FA would probably have been Sanders, but we were never going to chase a RB in FA. Good back with power after contact who was versed in the WCO gobbledeegook so no language training would have been required. Of course the Panthers snapped him up for the same reasons, who btw are doing some good things this offseason and have a solid roster at a lot of positions.

Anyway at this point what we need is a bell cow backup. Someone who can carry the load if Akers can't go. That's not a tough thing to find in a draft tbh, it really isn't, the problem for us is we complicate it with passcatchy requirements and end up with guys who can't carry the load. Or settle for a depth guy even after he shows over and over he can't be counted on to carry the load.

So the requirement IMO, the bottom-level prioritization should be:

1. Can carry the load for a few games when needed and keep the offense moving, i.e. won't be instantly dinged up and have to come out for some bullshit reason. Someone who is productive when he's in the backfield.

2. Either power in his run style or slipperiness. McVay favors the latter but we should also include the former and help McVay out. Backups have to spell starters sometimes in the redzone so this is a requirement and it translates into yards post-contact.

3. Just enough hands. Even if it's a power runner he has to have enough hands to where McVay will dress him and play him. So that means he can be mediocre in space but when schemed open he will haul the pass in on a high percentage and cause problems after contact.

Reddog99

Pro Bowler
1. McCaffrey if he remains healthy and has a full season with Kyle Shanahan.

2. Chubb he is consistently a top RB.

3. Jacobs is usually a top guy but with Jimmy Gs limited arm the Raiders might have to lean on him more this year.

4. Barkley if healthy for a full season he's a top RB.

5. Cook in his second year in O'Connells offense he should be a top RB.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I didn't come anywhere close to topic there did I. :laugh3:

1. Barkley - Finally a mostly healthy season. He has it all, size, speed, power, elite receiving, contact balance, burst
2. CMC - Similar to Barkley with less power in his game but more receiving prowess
3. Josh Jacobs - Amazing season and surpassed Chubb for me last year. Great receiver also
4. Chubb - Best pure running back, less receiving chops
5. Tony Pollard - This is my pure wildcard. He had over 150 less attempts then Jacobs, but averaged 5.2/yard per carry, which is elite. If given the full load, this guy is going to be in the top 10 at worst in yards.

Solid list I think but honestly RB is so subjective. So much is utilization and players around them. Then how much weight goes on the pass game impact. How much to pure run threat or ability to flip the field with long gainers.

Barkley has everything but an ability to be counted on. But then we knew that didn't we. Giants were smart to tag his ass instead of pay him. So if I'm building a team I'd steer clear of him despite the fact he's potentially the best back in this league. I mean the guy erases in pass blocking in addition to being a weapon but I don't trust him.

Same with CMC. He should be up there with Barkley for sure but will he stay healthy.

I think to really rank out RBs you'd need to assign points for run game, pass pro, in the pattern, and general explosiveness i.e. ability to flip the field and then see who comes out on top. Oh and availability. A RB who can stay healthy is a valuable thing, that's a key metric in today's game IMO.

Oh and last but not least probably one draft pick will end up factoring into this list too by end of season. It's a position that translates quickly if everything is aligned for them.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Here are the top rushers, with receiving yards by side.

E4C7CF69-7055-4567-A0C4-EAAFA7F8A716.png

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
In 2017 -
Everett & JJ43 - or Dalivn Cook

In 2022 Johnathan Taylor
Cam (T. Lewis) Jefferson
Just to add a different view as well.
JK Dobbins & AJ Dillion

This season Zach Charbonnet