Your top 5 Offensive Linemen?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Gas mask ?? To draft Collins with a 6th or 7th rd pick ?? Even a 5th . What’s the downside??
We all have reasons for liking & disliking draft picks. I’d say I’m pretty solid on mine !!
Risk vs reward & value. I liked the CB from Mizzo pick & would have taken him before Mo. Alexander.

Collins told teams he would never sign, sit out a year, and reenter the draft the following season, unless he was drafted high. So there was a good chance he would be a totally wasted draft pick, even leaving aside any character issues.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
He was doing bong hits with a gas mask, which was posted online, the day before, or on the draft, so stupidity plays in also. Look, I wanted him too, with a flyer, but I understand why we, and every other team didn't pick him. Hindsight, yeah, wish we had him.

I, also had him ranked as one of my top offensive lineman, in this thread.

I believe it was another O’lineman from Inthinkiss St ? He was a teammate of the DLineman that Arz. Drafted ????

He was involved in a serious crime ?? A rap or killing type thing of a former girlnfriend.In fact he owned up to it & said it was on him !! He man’d Up because he loved the woman & felt responsible. It was going to be his biggest day of his life & she was dead in a hotel room over a week before the draft. Maybe I’m Wrong ??
Yeah - was a pick I wanted for The Rams.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Collins told teams he would never sign, sit out a year, and reenter the draft the following season, unless he was drafted high. So there was a good chance he would be a totally wasted draft pick, even leaving aside any character issues.

True - but I would have called his bluff ?? Not sure how the cap plays into it though ?

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
True - but I would have called his bluff ?? Not sure how the cap plays into it though ?

Drafting him late would have meant the Rams couldn't offer him very much money, relatively speaking. As a UDFA, he was able to sign a contract that per year was more like a 3rd round pick - but for only 3 years, so he was able to sign a 2 year contract with the Cowboys for far more money when it ended. Drafting him in the 5th or 6th would have paid him far less money than he has earned, and far less than he felt he was worth.

Maybe the Rams could have called his bluff successfully - but he probably could have borrowed enough money to sit out a season. And never underestimate what a highly competitive person will do if pissed.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I believe it was another O’lineman from Inthinkiss St ? He was a teammate of the DLineman that Arz. Drafted ????

He was involved in a serious crime ?? A rap or killing type thing of a former girlnfriend.In fact he owned up to it & said it was on him !! He man’d Up because he loved the woman & felt responsible. It was going to be his biggest day of his life & she was dead in a hotel room over a week before the draft. Maybe I’m Wrong ??
Yeah - was a pick I wanted for The Rams.
Yeah, I was wrong on the gas mask, that was Tunsil, but the implicated murder scandal was really complicated. Read this if you are interested. https://www.si.com/2015/05/15/lael-collins-nfl-draft-dallas-cowboys-murder-investigation . Then at some point, I remember it seeming pretty clear that Dallas colluded with him, and his agent. This, in the article, sure sounds like our team:

Before making its seventh-round selection, one team sends Smith one last text message.

“There was a team that had drafted four offensive linemen,” Smith says, “and they said, ‘We’re taking him.’ And I texted back, ‘You’re going to embarrass yourself. You’re going to waste this pick.’

Last edited:

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Yeah, I was wrong on the gas mask, that was Tunsil, but the implicated murder scandal was really complicated. Read this if you are interested. https://www.si.com/2015/05/15/lael-collins-nfl-draft-dallas-cowboys-murder-investigation . Then at some point, I remember it seeming pretty clear that Dallas colluded with him, and his agent. This, in the article, sure sounds like our team:

Before making its seventh-round selection, one team sends Smith one last text message.

“There was a team that had drafted four offensive linemen,” Smith says, “and they said, ‘We’re taking him.’ And I texted back, ‘You’re going to embarrass yourself. You’re going to waste this pick.’

In all events The Rams are in a good space with Kromer & the Lineman that have. Whitworth is worth his price in gold. Just the leadership will pay off for years to come. Noteboom will lead by example. Allen hopefully will be a staple as well.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I never bought into the TJ Clemmings hype. I didn't understand what people saw in him. I guess that's what happens in a down year for certain positions.