Your Top 5 at #19

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Verse
Latu (assuming they clear him medically)
Mitchell
Arnold
DeJean

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
(Kobie Turner moves to 3-Tech)

1) Brock Bowers, TE, Georgia
2) Quinyon Mitchell, CB, Toledo
3) Laiatu Latu, EDGE, UCLA (if medically cleared)
4) Jared Verse, EDGE, Florida State
5) Brian Thomas Jr., WR, LSU
6) Edgerrin Cooper, LB, Texas A&M (if Latu isn't medically cleared)
Your number 6 guy is a WEAK CHOICE!!! IMO he will be CROSSED OFF The Rams draft board !! Say as you want & respect your draft knowledge,but that is a NO GO!!

Also all along I’m against Thomas that early. Bowers to me might be too good a value to pass up.I’d say Higbees health might make it easier to draft him? Mcvay would have to shuffle his offense a little more than he has planned now?

Defense is KEY for The Rams.As I look up & down the draft board it might not be bad to trade down for a couple key pieces,but then again makes me think they will TRADE UP to get there GUY(player) ?

Could you see a Turner Turner ? I don’t know.This is the point where I just want The Draft to get started.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
That will all depend on Alaric Jackson imo.Just think if The Rams lock him up for 3 years. That would really solidify The Rams Offensive Line for 3 years.

Yes your right though.That would be a LT of the future for 5 years,which would be an amazing choice.

Still DE/OLB is KEY imo & a SERIOUS NEED!! I think Ford from TEXAS in the 3rd rd might be a fit ?
There are some nice options on Defense The Rams can circle & find to challenge for starting spots.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That will all depend on Alaric Jackson imo.Just think if The Rams lock him up for 3 years. That would really solidify The Rams Offensive Line for 3 years.

Yes your right though.That would be a LT of the future for 5 years,which would be an amazing choice.
Fans seem to worry about him at LT. The OL "experts" have no problem with him as LT. The draft pundits question it but the "experts" have no problem with him at LT.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
RT long term. Havenstein is about done. Year 1 can also fill in at guard if someone goes down.

I agree he's a good pick for the future, but I can't see McVay and co going for something at 19 that doesn't somewhat drastically move us in the direction of playing in SoFi for a ring this February. Is Fuaga better then Jackson day 1? Maybe, but I don't think Jackson is a big liability either. And I'm a big fan of Fuaga as a player.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
My 5:

Murphy, DT
Latu, Edge
Fautanu, LT
Verse, Edge
Thomas, WR

My prediction based on nothing...

We're not picking at #19. We're either going to move up (#15) or down (#24). If we move up add Turner and Odunze to that list. If we move down add DeJean and Newton.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I agree he's a good pick for the future, but I can't see McVay and co going for something at 19 that doesn't somewhat drastically move us in the direction of playing in SoFi for a ring this February. Is Fuaga better then Jackson day 1? Maybe, but I don't think Jackson is a big liability either. And I'm a big fan of Fuaga as a player.
If they draft him then Jackson and he will battle for LT and Jackson likely loses and maybe gets traded.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Fans seem to worry about him at LT. The OL "experts" have no problem with him as LT. The draft pundits question it but the "experts" have no problem with him at LT.

This Nathaniel Watson might not be a good value in the 3rd/2nd rd.
-His production,speed & how he did at the Senior Bowl is a guy The Rams will find a liking to.

—Turner is only 6’2 247 vs 6’2 244.
The speed & athletic ability might look different. Play for play though watch out.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I don’t think Fuaga will be a tackle in the NFL. However I could see them drafting a OlT. I won’t be too happy about it, however I expect that if he’s there, the Rams will draft Mims to be their Trent Williams/Big Whit for the next ten + years. A rookie OLT gets them past the 3 year contracts that they have the two guards.

LA_Rams_#29

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
LA Rams 29
1. Verse
2. Mitchell
3. Murphy
4. Latu
5. Wiggins

WestCoastRam

Legend
My 5:

Murphy, DT
Latu, Edge
Fautanu, LT
Verse, Edge
Thomas, WR

My prediction based on nothing...

We're not picking at #19. We're either going to move up (#15) or down (#24). If we move up add Turner and Odunze to that list. If we move down add DeJean and Newton.
Hard to see a scenario where Turner makes it past ATL at 8 or Chicago at 9 unless a flurry of trades come.

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
I find the second part of the subject more interesting.
Who do I NOT want the 9ers to draft at #31?
—anybody who can come in and start on defense and can be a difference maker. A guy like Robinson (DE) or DeJean (DB) comes to mind as players who could be there at #31.

This team is built on a great defense and strong run/short passing game. As they lose players on defense, more pressure is added to the offense, particularly their QB. They aren’t built to win that way. The 9ers just don’t win a lot of tight games, let alone come from behind ones.

If anything, they will likely need a WR if they are looking to move off of either ayuck or dweebo. If that’s the case, I hope they pick one of the shiny speedsters who just happens to have a “drops issue”.

What would be really cool is if they draft a 1rst round project like Mims who has had about as much game experience as their last 1rst round failure (trey lance)…and get the same results.

TexasRam

Legend
I am not sure if Fuaga can play LT.

But the Rams will have a massive need at both tackle spots next year most likely. Might as well get one now.

Fuaga would be a dominant RT in my opinion and might be a LT as well.

Not a sexy pick but gets us more physical, which is essential in our division.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
If they draft him then Jackson and he will battle for LT and Jackson likely loses and maybe gets traded.
Then why would The Rams do that ? I mean also don’t forget about Logan Bruss(lmao). There’s a lot of guys that are on reserve future contracts.IMO building blocks are in place upfront on the Offensive Line. I honestly think DEFENSE is key right now & finding another RB ? Is Zach Evan’s that guy ?

Is Kyren Williams going to be an All Pro ? Kyren’s rookie season I told a kid that he wasn’t when he was saying he meet the players.The Rams do a good job at that. He wasn’t a Acers Fan.
Watching Rivers & Williams workout & block is special.

Last edited:

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Fuaga would be a dominant RT in my opinion and might be a LT as well.

Not a sexy pick

How Dare You!
1713004549586.png