LEGEND Your Song of the Day

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
One of my proposed theme songs for next season's Rams defense:

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
Here is a fun one. Two guys / one guitar playing pipeline. It's Stevie Ray Vaughn and his little brother Jimmy. During the last year or so of Stevie's life he went on tour with Jimmy's band the fabulous Thunderbirds (who recorded "ain't that tough enough" which is a pretty good song). Anyway, this was part of one of those performances. Also, the album that Jimmy and Stevie cut together is called "family style". it's a really good. Linked a playlist below. I can only imagine what life was like growing up in the Vaughn household.

Personal note: I got to see Stevie Ray live in 1985. It was in a very small venue, McDonald arena at Missouri State University. It's the only event I've ever heard of at that auditorium before or since. Anyway, it was a very intimate concert with a lot of interaction, calling out fav songs, etc. The guy is/was a real guitar players guitar player. Amazing what he could make his strat do.

http://m.youtube.com/playlist?list=ALBTKoXRg38BATlpZj9VYzklW218CtkPZL

Last edited:

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Here is a fun one. Two guys / one guitar playing pipeline. It's Stevie Ray Vaughn and his little brother Jimmy. During the last year or so of Stevie's life he went on tour with Jimmy's band the fabulous Thunderbirds (who recorded "ain't that tough enough" which is a pretty good song). Anyway, this was part of one of those performances. Also, the album that Jimmy and Stevie cut together is called "family style". it's a really good. Linked a playlist below. I can only imagine what life was like growing up in the Vaughn household.

Personal note: I got to see Stevie Ray live in 1985. It was in a very small venue, McDonald arena at Missouri State University. It's the only event I've ever heard of at that auditorium before or since. Anyway, it was a very intimate concert with a lot of interaction, calling out fav songs, etc. The guy is/was a real guitar players guitar player. Amazing what he could make his strat do.

http://m.youtube.com/playlist?list=ALBTKoXRg38BATlpZj9VYzklW218CtkPZL

Good post CM. Back when I first heard SRV I remarked to my wife "Meh, I can play as good as he can." She giggled, rolled her eyes and still reminds me of that stupid remark all these years later. It was a stupid thing to say.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo

I saw Tesla with the Red hot chili peppers at Big surf in Tempe AZ in '89 i think it was. Bizarre venue. considering its a water park. Lol. It was pretty cool though. At night with a fake beach.

CodeMonkey

Every single song that this guy wrote is treasure but here are a couple of clips that I'm fond of. They're from a live performance of Jim Croce. I very much enjoy seeing him and listening to him speak. He's just such a "real guy", if you know what I mean. The set ups for the songs are funny and interesting. Bet you didn't know he was a truck driver.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Every single song that this guy wrote is treasure but here are a couple of clips that I'm fond of. They're from a live performance of Jim Croce. I very much enjoy seeing him and listening to him speak. He's just such a "real guy", if you know what I mean. The set ups for the songs are funny and interesting. Bet you didn't know he was a truck driver.

Always liked him as well but like Ronnie Van Zant he died in a plane crash. He was only 30. Harry Chapin was another singer-songwriter that perished too young at the age of 38. RIP Jim and Harry.

CodeMonkey

And so many more. If there is a heaven, they've got a hell of a band.

CodeMonkey

One of the first known live recordings of Rush. This was filmed at the Capitol Theatre in Passaic, NJ on Dec 10, 1976 and is from the tour that supported 2112. Very Cool.