LEGEND Your Song of the Day

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RedRam

Pro Bowler
An "unreleased" Marillion song from which the music became another, released, Marillion song...

Live version...

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
Joe Walsh and Bad Company have announce a 25 tour dates , staring in May

One Hell Of A Night Tour

The wife and I have seen Bad Company a couple times , Bad Company is like one of my three favorite bands of all time , although when it comes to Joe Walsh , we haven't been so lucky , we have yet to catch Joe Walsh in concert , either by himself , or with the Eagles , and like most of these concerts , there are no tour dates anywhere close to where I live , so catching him on this go around is pretty much slim to none

But this should be a pretty awesome show , for anyone who is interested

unnamed-1.jpg

Last edited:

Pancake

Hall of Fame
Name
Ernie
Joe Walsh and Bad Company have announce a 25 tour dates , staring in May

One Hell Of A Night Tour

The wife and I have seen Bad Company a couple times , Bad Company is like one of my three favorite bands of all time , although when it comes to Joe Walsh , we haven't been so lucky , we have yet to catch Joe Walsh in concert , either by himself , or with the Eagles , and like most of these concerts , there are no tour dates anywhere close to where I live , so catching him on this go around is pretty much slim to none

But this should be a pretty awesome show , for anyone who is interested

unnamed-1.jpg

Never heard that Joe Walsh song. Great tune, thanks for posting.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
blondes in black cars

dance all night

she never looked that good for me

Turn up the Radio

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

this is my song of the day everyday. especially if it's been longer than 3 days since i got some. and being married you know that's gonna be often.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder

this is my song of the day everyday. especially if it's been longer than 3 days since i got some. and being married you know that's gonna be often.

I have a funny Korn story
I was filling in on bass for some speed metal band called "Dark Days" back in 1990 or 92 or some shite and I hated the band - I was more of a fusion jazz/funk/reggae player and the two main members were sons of a cop in Fullerton California who had been kill in the line of duty - so we'd go and hand out at the brothers house to do what degeno kids do and it was fucking mayhem - for example to exit one room you had to climb out the window into a pile of old tires. The trippy thing was the cops would roll around and the brothers would be smoking our cheep Mexican pot in the driveway but they wouldn't flinch, and theFullerton cops would simply ask how they were doing, and they'd say just fine and the cops would drive off - it was the secret benefit of having your dad killed in the line of duty - they never f'd with them
Anyway, aside from how tragic that was these two guys went from a Simple Minds cover band to a dark thrash OC speed metal band - the drummer, a brother who was the son of a VP for Chevron that parted is fro down the middle asked me to fill in - well they shared a rehearsal studio in Huntington Beach with Korn before they struck it big ,
Well long story longer each time we'd show up to rehearse we'd have to wait for those guys and every time I thought to myself "what a crock of shit" they sounded so horrible,
Of course they went into fame and fortune and my time in "Dark Days" was extremely limited.
Korn struck it rich and all moves to Gilbert AZ and bought MC McMansions on the same block

Hahahhaja the good old days

*** Gotta edit in some vintage Dark Days !!!!

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hxIjZpItOYQ

Last edited:

Force16X

anti pedestrian
Rams On Demand Sponsor

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oy_L9WwrAwc

interesting sidenote to this song:

"The album version contains an opening with a backwards message. When the song is played in reverse, the message, in a masked heavy voice (performed by ELO drummer, Bev Bevan), can be heard stating, "The music is reversible but time is not. Turn back. Turn back. Turn back. Turn back." — ostensibly Jeff Lynne's shot at backmasking hysteria, after satanic allegations were made against their song "Eldorado" by Fundamentalist Christianity members. Snippets of Messiah by Handel can be heard during the album opening as well. " (youtube.com --jeffrey allen video comments).

i do like what Lynne put in the backmask.............

for some of the "fogies" on here, yes, starting around 1:33 of this song is what CBS Sports Spectacular used for their outro music on that program.

Ramsey

Starter
Name
Ramsey
I have a funny Korn story
I was filling in on bass for some speed metal band called "Dark Days" back in 1990 or 92 or some shite and I hated the band - I was more of a fusion jazz/funk/reggae player and the two main members were sons of a cop in Fullerton California who had been kill in the line of duty - so we'd go and hand out at the brothers house to do what degeno kids do and it was freaking mayhem - for example to exit one room you had to climb out the window into a pile of old tires. The trippy thing was the cops would roll around and the brothers would be smoking our cheep Mexican pot in the driveway but they wouldn't flinch, and theFullerton cops would simply ask how they were doing, and they'd say just fine and the cops would drive off - it was the secret benefit of having your dad killed in the line of duty - they never f'd with them
Anyway, aside from how tragic that was these two guys went from a Simple Minds cover band to a dark thrash OC speed metal band - the drummer, a brother who was the son of a VP for Chevron that parted is fro down the middle asked me to fill in - well they shared a rehearsal studio in Huntington Beach with Korn before they struck it big ,
Well long story longer each time we'd show up to rehearse we'd have to wait for those guys and every time I thought to myself "what a crock of crap" they sounded so horrible,
Of course they went into fame and fortune and my time in "Dark Days" was extremely limited.
Korn struck it rich and all moves to Gilbert AZ and bought MC McMansions on the same block

Hahahhaja the good old days

*** Gotta edit in some vintage Dark Days !!!!

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hxIjZpItOYQ

Very Groovy story Dieter. I do believe we got enough musical talent on ROD to form a band. You can play bass. I'm not sure what Primetime's best instrument is? I suffer because I have no musical talent. I sing like an injured moose, admiring musicians much the same I watch birds fly...as a frustrated non-participant.

Whom are your biggest influences on your bass playing Dieter?

That's a deep message Lynne backward masked Force16X. I dig it.

New Riverside. I can hear shades of "The Cure" and "Pink Floyd.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYU_AqiwwNE

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KR1Occ1Ry8I

Last edited:

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder

we have a lot of solid musicians on here!! we'd have one badass band that's for sure

I started out and will always end up a fan of The Clash so of course it is Paul Simonon (and now just love The Good the Bad and the Queen) who first influenced me and then when i got into my high school years and a bit after it was Jaco Pastorius all day long - i sort of developed my own style though playing in my bedroom hours and hours on end cause after playing bass notes all day long and walking chord charts i started to entertain myself by playing more melodic, sort of like a guitar. here is my bass - my third. the first two were stolen by speed freaks. The first bass i owned was one of the last basses to come out of the Fender plant in Fullerton. I miss that thing. but this is my Japanese bass with a really unique color that I found on that guitar wall hidden in the top corner out of site. I love this thing. Haven't changed my flat wound strings for 18 years. They are deep and thuddy.

photo-5.JPG

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CkF60_n8RY

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZzhr47-GvM