Your Mosted Loathed Division Rival!!!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
A great topic on the eve of our return to trimph, and an interesting discussion. Seems many new age Rams fans, like myself, bend towards the Chickens while old die hards lean heavily towards the Whiners. For me it's the SeaChickens. Ever since they came into the NFCW, they are our new Saints. I actually may have loathed the Saints more but it's close. Ever since the GSOT, the Rams have played more epic games against Seattle than the Niners IMO. Sweeping the Seahawks, including the Playoffs, one year and coming back from 17 down in the fourth was crazy heated. Then Wistrom went to Seattle and that pretty much done it for me. Rams and Seahawks are a very underrated rivalry in the NFL IMO, but the Rams and Niners goes way back.

But what REALLY does it for me has always been their fans. Niner fans are just supreme garbage throwers that I don't take seriously. Seattle fans take on a metal head approach that I find very annoying. Both fan bases make me very proud to be a Rams fan.

Funny thing is ARZ isn't really in the discussion. Heck, when they had Warner I was pulling hard for ARZ in the SB. Them coming from STL helps too. Maybe them not being much of a threat helps too. Their fans are pretty casual, blue collar, types as well. They are plenty tolerable and more realistic.

A55VA6

Legend
I'll make it shot and sweet: There is no team I HATE more than the Seahawks...

bluecoconuts

Legend
Its hard to pick just one. Personally the hate for the 49ers runs deep. However the fans from Seattle are by far the worst I've met. Even worse than Dallas fans in Texas.

Can I pick both?

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
actually, i would go back to the new orleans saints, who used to be part of the old nfc west. seemed like no matter how good we were, nor how bad they were, they would take at least one game per yr and almost take two. those games were always tight hard fought ones.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
The thing is, as a football fan I wish a lot of the players on the 49ers and Seahawks were with different teams simply because their talent is fun to watch...but miserable to watch as a Ram fan.

Within the division right now I dislike the Seahawks the most. The 9ers aren't far off.

There are 2 teams I can't stand more than anything though...the Patriots and the Bears.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
SF - not even close.

"From hell's heart.........I stab at thee!"

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
bluecoconuts said:
Its hard to pick just one. Personally the hate for the 49ers runs deep. However the fans from Seattle are by far the worst I've met. Even worse than Dallas fans in Texas.

Can I pick both?

Haha no you can't pick both.

Seattle fans resemble Raider fans the most IMO. They retired the twelth man because Seattle hasnt had a vast history of great players. It's lame.

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
I wouldn't hate either of them if not for their coaches.

Knowing the history of the Rams would force me to pick the Whiners.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Well even though it coulda been the 49rs if we'd been in a division as it is currently constituted from the beginning of the St Louis Rams history,it wasn't.
So when we were in the old division it was the Saints and like Albe says it was as much because of the coach as any reason.When we became this new division the Seahawks fans just made it easy to hate their team not to mention Mr. "we're gonna take the ball and we're gonna score" and their coach (Holmgren) who reminded me of the Cowardly Lion in The Wizard of Oz, who was ultimately replaced by the current worst whiner in all the NFL.

But ya know there is room in my heart to hate more than one team and San Fran's coach seems to covet the worst whiner crown and I being sorta adaptable can hate his team worse for a day.

BTW I pity the Cardinals the most or more succinctly their fans,I know the sorrow of being a Cardinal fan all too well,ALL TOO WELL.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
49'arse
the seahawks and cards are relatively new to our division and the niners have given me more time to loathe.
Also it was a water hoarding No. Cal vs So. Cal thing for a long time like Giants V Doyers.

RamsFanCK

HAIL ME
The Seadderall SeaFAGS....man that Super Bowl they lost to the Steelers was about as sweet as watching the Cheatriots loose to the Giants :hehe:

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Niners by a mile! Seachickens, they just annoy me. That being said, I have to be frank, it's beneficial to see them having some success against other teams (just not the Rams) and rabid fan support so they don't relocate like their Sonics. I know, I shouldn't think that way, and I won't be broken hearted if they go 7-9 or worse. Maybe that's why they support football because they know the sting of losing a team.
Arizona, I love that city, state and lived there as a young boy for several years (went to kindergarten there actually).
I have been attending the Rams game there every year since about 2005 and the fans are really cool and not obnoxious.
I have to say the Cards are my second favorite team because of the Warner connection. I was there for the 2008 game where they crushed the Rams 34-10 and clinched the division title for the first time since 1975. I swear, the Cards fans there that day were like us Rams fans in 1999-2000. It was a "pinch me I'm dreaming" moment. I felt bad for the Rams that day, but happy for the loveable loser Cards who did what some thought was impossible.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
When my brother was in the Navy and deployed he would have me write "analysts" of 49er games for him (I later found out it was because he was trying to get me to watch the game closer in hopes it would help me during youth football.) I watched a lot of 49er games growing up and I couldn't ever really saw I hated them until this past offseason. I think the combination of Jim Haurbagh and Colon Krapondick is too much. They annoy me to the point of wanting to see them self destruct.

The only team I hate more is the Seahawks. I always hates them and with the hiring of Pete Carroll it pushed me over the deep end with them. I'm a USC gan and I couldn't stand his dumb face then either.

I will say I like Richard Sherman though.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
It used to be the whiners and only the whiners for me back in the day. The Saints became a close second when they were in the division, but it was always the whiners. Now all that has changed. I still can't stand them, but the seething hatred I have for all things Seaderall and their "rah rah wanna punch him square in the middle of his stupid face" head coach has surpassed my contempt for the whiners. Don't like their players, don't like their fans, don't like their stupid stadium, and I hope the Rams kick the ever loving shit out of them for years to come.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Selassie I said:
The whiners by a margin of infinity × infinity.

Infinity cubed!!! Infinity and beyond!!!

It was, is and will always be the 49ers.

Though Stranger brings a good point of debate into the conversation. The Saints were a heated rival for many, many years, more than SEA has been. Those games were usually hard fought if memory serves.

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
I think it's been Seattle since they decided to perk up back in the mid 00's.

There is a certain special sort of hate for the Whiners that will always be there, that same ol' sorry ass Rams line will never die, and I hope it doesn't as it provides a spark...gets me going anyway.

But yeah. Screw 'em both, but screw the Seahags harder.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
The seaworms.

I don't even capitalize the S...don't deserve it. Any organization that uses the phrase "lynch mob" as a rally moniker doesn't deserve respect.

Fuck them.

As for SF...I can't stand their jerk of a coach but I can (begrudgingly) respect MOST of their players.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I can't choose between the Seahags and Whiners, to be honest.