Your Latest Gun Purchase

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I did a search on gun topics and I didn't see any. I asked CGI if the subject was verboten, but he said "Go for it. As long as you don't encourage shootiing anybody."

Fair enough.

I'm a Whittier, CA kid. I never touched a fire arm until I had to shoot and test proficiency in the US Navy. I believe we tested with a 1911 .45, a shotgun, and a M-14. I was scared shytless the first time I touched one when I was 18yrs old, but over the years I became familiar with them. When I get the chance, I like to go shoot at a range. I have been wanting a tactical shotgun, meaning a short barrel shotgun (mostly) and I finally got one. It wasn't the Mossberg that I was going for, but those guns are almost impossible to find. It's a high quality knock off Dickinson. I paid $399 for it online and it has a Marine kote (resistant to corrosion), ghost sights, 5 + 1, Pump action 12 gauge. Here it is.
6UQFb5y.jpg

kDcgIER.jpg

Have you bought a weapon recently? If so, what is it? (pics or it didn't happen!). Also, the shortage of ammunition is crazy and it seems like the prices are WAY too high. Have you found a place for reasonably priced ammo?

Last edited:

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
That's really nice!

Like the pistol grip.

I have some guns I'd like to buy, but no budget atm... or rather I kinda have a little budget, but I'd rather fix my house...

And get a PS5... sometime...

but yeah.

Oh, and I hear you on that Mossberg. First gun I was looking at is the Mossberg 590A1. I think the metal trigger guard is worth it even as I know that the "tactical" part means nothing.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
And get a PS5... sometime...
Good luck.

What a great marketing campaign.
Sony: "Hey, check out this fucking phenomenal console we just released!"
Us: "COOOOOL! When can we get it!?!?!?"
Sony: "idk".

CeeZar

Rookie
I've had the gun and the can for a while but recently got the tax stamp to SBR it and put a proper stock on it. Still needs a light and sling, maybe a laser. I'll probably replace the handguard so it covers most of the can.

Its stupid quiet with subsonic loads.

IMG_1128.png

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Any of you guys hear of the binary firing system? A triiger upgrade that shoots when you pull the trigger AND when you release the trigger!

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I've had the gun and the can for a while but recently got the tax stamp to SBR it and put a proper stock on it. Still needs a light and sling, maybe a laser. I'll probably replace the handguard so it covers most of the can.

Its stupid quiet with subsonic loads.

View attachment 43287
Looks fun. How accurate are you with it?

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I haven't bought any guns in a while. I have too many that I don't use already. Mostly from my hunting days.

4/10 single shot bolt action shotgun
20 gauge Mossberg pump shotgun
12 Guard Mossberg ultimate mag ( you wanna feel a kick shoot the 3 1/2" shells)
Marlin .223 ground hog gun very accurate rifle
1908 Mauser 30/06 sporterized
Remington .243
Remington model 36 .22
Winchester model 67a .22
Marlin semi auto .22

Pistols
Browning Buck mark camper .22 (very comfortable)
Bursa Thunder .308
Block 27? .40 caliber (compact but not great to shoot. I got The grip extension but .40 caliber on a small grip just isn't comfortable to shoot.

I'd love to get another deer rifle, maybe sell the Mauser.

One gun that I'd like to buy is a Steyr AUG bull pup. With my current situation in life I doubt Ill ever get one. I have two teenagers, soon to be three. Ammo is so expensive and hard to come by that I rarely target shoot anymore, which sucks because I was pretty good, especially with the .243. My furthest shot was on a ground hog at 400 yards. My first one missed due to wind, so I aimed a little left and killed it. I miss those days of riding from field to field with my high school buddy spending hours taking long shots. If it was 150 yards or closer we hated to shoot. It was too easy. Now I struggle to see them at 150 yards. I only keep most of the guns because my son started hunting and resale value is not good and with ammo scarcity people aren't buying as much as the used to.

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
I haven't bought any guns in a while. I have too many that I don't use already. Mostly from my hunting days.

4/10 single shot bolt action shotgun
20 gauge Mossberg pump shotgun
12 Guard Mossberg ultimate mag ( you wanna feel a kick shoot the 3 1/2" shells)
Marlin .223 ground hog gun very accurate rifle
1908 Mauser 30/06 sporterized
Remington .243
Remington model 36 .22
Winchester model 67a .22
Marlin semi auto .22

Pistols
Browning Buck mark camper .22 (very comfortable)
Bursa Thunder .308
Block 27? .40 caliber (compact but not great to shoot. I got The grip extension but .40 caliber on a small grip just isn't comfortable to shoot.

I'd love to get another deer rifle, maybe sell the Mauser.

One gun that I'd like to buy is a Steyr AUG bull pup. With my current situation in life I doubt Ill ever get one. I have two teenagers, soon to be three. Ammo is so expensive and hard to come by that I rarely target shoot anymore, which sucks because I was pretty good, especially with the .243. My furthest shot was on a ground hog at 400 yards. My first one missed due to wind, so I aimed a little left and killed it. I miss those days of riding from field to field with my high school buddy spending hours taking long shots. If it was 150 yards or closer we hated to shoot. It was too easy. Now I struggle to see them at 150 yards. I only keep most of the guns because my son started hunting and resale value is not good and with ammo scarcity people aren't buying as much as the used to.

yep... no one came for the guns (that was never gonna happen and never will, but it's in the past now) so there's a glut of used guns on the market... meanwhile... ammo's harder to find than ever.

You likely know what you want so maybe try luckygunner.com They have .223 in stock and they have real time counters on what's in stock and a 110% guarantee that it ships, so if the website says it has it, it does.

I dunno if you like online ammo sales, but they're an option.

I feel you on the family thing.

With new grandbaby and 6yo granddaughter in the house, house to fix and a few other things I'd like to buy (like the myth that is the PS5), seems I'll own guns in my next life...LOL.

The Steyr AUG bull pup is kinda cool (not much on bull pups, personally), but the Steyr Carbon CL II in a 6.5 Creedmoor is just shmexy...

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
The kick on that's gotta be something...

It's not bad at all. Even with regular range ammo. Most handguns that can put an intruder down with authority have a kick. It's not a problem once you familiarize yourself with using it. My wife can fire it with no issues at all. It's very accurate too... even with this short barrel.

I did purchase some rounds that are specifically designed for home defense with a short barreled weapon like this. Most home invasions are said to happen at night... and in the dark or darker situations, it's not the kick of the gun that causes problems... it's the flash coming out of the barrel. I got a low flash hollow point ammo that is designed to help with that issue. It's also got less of a kick... but it is designed to inflict the most damage too. It's also the most accurate for short barrels. I had to special order it. Let's just say that a person would not want to be on the receiving end of even a poor shot from one of these rounds coming out of this gun.

That's the thing with home protection. You want a weapon that will overdue the job so to speak. There's zero time to fuck around in that situation... you want to win immediately. Plus, the short barrel is better for close quarters use like you have inside a home. Longer barrels can get in the way and sometimes prevent you from getting an accurate shot.

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
It's not bad at all. Even with regular range ammo. Most handguns that can put an intruder down with authority have a kick. It's not a problem once you familiarize yourself with using it. My wife can fire it with no issues at all. It's very accurate too... even with this short barrel.

I did purchase some rounds that are specifically designed for home defense with a short barreled weapon like this. Most home invasions are said to happen at night... and in the dark or darker situations, it's not the kick of the gun that causes problems... it's the flash coming out of the barrel. I got a low flash hollow point ammo that is designed to help with that issue. It's also got less of a kick... but it is designed to inflict the most damage too. It's also the most accurate for short barrels. I had to special order it. Let's just say that a person would not want to be on the receiving end of even a poor shot from one of these rounds coming out of this gun.

That's the thing with home protection. You want a weapon that will overdue the job so to speak. There's zero time to fuck around in that situation... you want to win immediately. Plus, the short barrel is better for close quarters use like you have inside a home. Longer barrels can get in the way and sometimes prevent you from getting an accurate shot.

That's very true.

And one of the things I've seen in all the home defense vids and training vids with respect to ammo is to do everything to avoid over penetration... soft, subsonic rounds are key (the bang from a supersonic round in a narrow, enclosed space like a hallway can knock some folks out, burst eardrums, etc) One definitely doesn't want to be shooting through multiple walls, etc.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
That's very true.

And one of the things I've seen in all the home defense vids and training vids with respect to ammo is to do everything to avoid over penetration... soft, subsonic rounds are key (the bang from a supersonic round in a narrow, enclosed space like a hallway can knock some folks out, burst eardrums, etc) One definitely doesn't want to be shooting through multiple walls, etc.

Yeah... these rounds I got are designed with all of that in mind (and more really).

Hopefully I'll never have to use it on someone... but if a person is dumb enough to try us... they're gonna lose. Badly.

CeeZar

Rookie
Looks fun. How accurate are you with it?
IMG_1129[1].JPG

I did some accuracy testing when breaking it in. Not super accurate but its 9mm with a 5" barrel and the trigger leaves a little to be desire for shooting groups. But its not a group-shooting gun. This is from 35 yards from a seated and supported position. Its more than accurate enough for a 35 yard headshot but its hard to imagine a situation where that would be necessary. What it is great at is shooting accurately enough really really fast at self-defense range.

Oldgeek

I'm old and can't wait another 20 years for a SB W
Name
Steve
Guns, what guns? I won't buy another until the ammunition desert blooms again.