Your favorite things to BBQ

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Lately I have been into cutting chicken breasts in half, marinating them overnight… and grilling them as cutlets.

Done right they are moist and even more flavor full with the right marinade being a little thinner.

I am also into grilled peppers… red, orange, or yellow straight on the grates. Love these!

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
Great topic @CGI_Ram . I enjoy grilling any meat, hatch chiles, and vegetables in foil with garlic and olive oil. My favorite is tritip. Just dry rub a tritip at 350 and then wrap in foil for a 10 minute rest for the perfect medium rare.

You ever try brining your chicken first? As a suggestion, if I brine, cook in an oven first 20 minutes, and then finish with the last of the marinade on the grill, that will keep it the juiciest.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
You ever try brining your chicken first? As a suggestion, if I brine, cook in an oven first 20 minutes, and then finish with the last of the marinade on the grill, that will keep it the juiciest.
I have not. But I can see why thats a good approach. (y)

Reddog99

Pro Bowler
On the BBQ grill I'm a sucker for a good burger. On the smoker it's pulled pork. I'm not a very big fan of chicken unless we're talking hot wings.

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan
1. Marinated Tuna Steaks.
2. Brats.
I'm really not good at grilling anything else, but I'm planning to give ribs a go on the 4th.
But grilled tuna steaks are amazing.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
Fast cooked baby backs.
7 a side to sear/burn, then 15-20 indirect. Intermittent bbq sauce basting.
Not a fan of “fall off the bone” - like to chew ‘em clean.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Butterfly pork chops, marinaded in Stubb's Moppin' Sauce and then slathered with it while they're on the grill (especially in that crease in the middle). You will never have a better pork chop in your life.

1656687992645.png

Tano

Legend
The basics

Rib Eye Steak, Hot Dogs, Hamburgers, Boneless Pork Ribs, Back Back Ribs, Beef Ribs, Skewered Chicken, Brats

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Ribs. I could literally eat a whole rack of ribs. Of course, I have no idea how to BBQ, but my dad is amazing at it, and I like damn near everything he does. But ribs...if I'm having BBQ, I damn near have to have ribs.

Juice

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
1. Marinated Tuna Steaks.
2. Brats.
I'm really not good at grilling anything else, but I'm planning to give ribs a go on the 4th.
But grilled tuna steaks are amazing.
My wife makes dry rubs and sauces. She makes a Honey Siracha Lime sauce that I marinate the Tuna steaks in before I grill them. It is absolutely delicious. I love tuna off of the grill. I put her dry rub on porck chops, steaks, and in burgers for the grill, and I use her barbecue sauce on ribs and chicken. I grill my wife bacon in the morning.

ozarkram

Hall of Shame
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Today I will be grilling some boneless and bonein chicken thighs. I will soak them in vinegar and butter (an old family secret). I use charcoal not a fan of propane. With mesquite chips. About 10 minute before finish I will coat with a southern sweet sauce. There are plenty of good ones out there, today will be baby rays. I am not a professional griller but I do play one on Tv.

ozarkram

Hall of Shame
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Chicken grilling tip for what its worth. Microwave your chicken before putting on the grill. Just a minute or two.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Fast cooked baby backs.
7 a side to sear/burn, then 15-20 indirect. Intermittent bbq sauce basting.
Not a fan of “fall off the bone” - like to chew ‘em clean.
Same here
"fall off the bone" isn't good at all.

I dont know who started that, but I don't care for them that way at all.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I enjoy doing tri tip and whole spatchcock chickens.

I also like to smoke chicken with higher Temps.
I prefer the crisper skin, over the chewy texture of low smoked birds.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Chicken grilling tip for what its worth. Microwave your chicken before putting on the grill. Just a minute or two.

Ok, I'll bite - what does this do for the chicken?

Not being skeptical, genuinely looking to learn something new here. Thanks.

ozarkram

Hall of Shame
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Ok, I'll bite - what does this do for the chicken?

Not being skeptical, genuinely looking to learn something new here. Thanks.
Nothing really to learn. My grandmother always did it and I have kept up the tradition. Its about flavor more than anything. Try it. Also cuts down on flame ups.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Nothing really to learn. My grandmother always did it and I have kept up the tradition. Its about flavor more than anything. Try it. Also cuts down on flame ups.

Well, that last part is enough to convince me to try it. That's the one thing I don't like about grilling certain things is the flame-ups, and why I always use indirect heating when I'm grilling stuff like ribeyes. T

Thanks!

ozarkram

Hall of Shame
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well, that last part is enough to convince me to try it. That's the one thing I don't like about grilling certain things is the flame-ups, and why I always use indirect heating when I'm grilling stuff like ribeyes. T

Thanks!
Yeah I was grilling when I answered and thinking you were asking something else. Flame up is the main thing. And you are very welcome.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
:fire1:I have a slab of ribs, :fire1:tray of bbq beans, :fire1:tray of chopped potato/onions, and :fire1:sliced peppers on deck to grill today!:fire1:

:horns: