Your biggest Rams 2023 offseason question mark?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
What is the biggest question mark you have right now with the 2023 Rams?

For me; How do we get under the cap? Is it all via restructure , or… Do we trade or release one of our cornerstones to get under the cap?

Floyd, Ramsey, Donald, Kupp, or Stafford… do we part with one, or more?

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter

For me; How do we get under the cap? Is it all via restructure , or… Do we trade or release one of our cornerstones to get under the cap?

It’s a real hard call on cap.I’ve stopped guessing.

You made me think though & with The Rumors it’s making me reflected back to Jared Goff both ways.
When The Rams traded the picks to get that #1 pick overall April 16,2016

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Thought was when,where & timing. The Jared Goff thing for Stafford came right away.
Demoff,Snead & Mcvay didn’t stand by Jared Goff. Just came to mind that the Ramsey thing is real.
The Rams need a Pass Rusher & was tryout trade to get that DE from Carolina. The Rams have paid in the past as well.

The Floyd Free Agent signing & resign was both times surprising.
The A” Jackson thing was surprising as well & then trading Bobby Trees

PARAM

Hall of Fame
How will fans.....the fans extremely hard on Raheem Morris.......pull a 180? Will they credit the new position coaches? New players? Will it be because some drastic change in philosophy like playing with a lead?

:sarcasm:

I kid, I kid. My questions are.... will the talking heads blame the downfall of SF or Philly or Dallas instead of the resurgence of the Rams?

And will they make it a 'renewed commitment from Sean McVay' (because of anger the way 2022 played out) instead of much better health and continuity.

It's never Occams razor because that's never a good story.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
To @PARAM

1st off, Thread Winner Trophy for the Occams Razor reference.

2nd, you are now suspended from posting for two weeks for the Occams Razor reference.

SeminoleRam

Pro Bowler
Name
PaceRam
Will the Rams solve their Offensive Line problems? For Matthew Stafford’s sake (Health & Success!) I certainly hope so!!!

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
Will the Rams continue the all-in/win now approach (kicking cap $ down the road, signing FAs, making trades), or will they adopt a more passive/long game approach?

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
It's the Offensive Line, please make some serious changes because depending on the same cast of castoffs will have a similar result.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
Will Rams FINALLY draft a stud TE weapon and then actually develop him and USE him?

Made me crazy watching the playoff teams with all those great TE weapons. Sigh…

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River

My best guess would be that the Rams restructure Kupp to get to the required CAP, then try to wait until the draft to proceed with trading a few guys. At the draft I don't see us moving 'cornerstone' players outside of Floyd, and then perhaps some under-performers/injury risks in Higbee & Van Jefferson. One of Brian Allen or Coleman Shelton heading out seems likely, either of which will create a couple $Mil. in CAP space. Of course, if the Rams choose to get deeply engaged in free agency, then they'll be forced to restructure others as well as make some new CAP casualty concessions.
All teams have until March 16 before they must be under the CAP, ... and it's going to be painful.

Reddog99

Pro Bowler
My questions are

Will they get the OL fixed?

Will they get the running game back to be effective?

Need those two things to get better or fixed to see the offense really take back off.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
If the Rams grab an ER in FA or via trade, will Morris stop with the 8 yard cushions on 3rd and 5?

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
If the Rams grab an ER in FA or via trade, will Morris stop with the 8 yard cushions on 3rd and 5?

Sorry Keanu Reeves GIF

Ram65

Legend
Will they protect Stafford and open holes for the run game?

Will they get some new help for AD with the pass rush?

CB? and CB?

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Will they protect Stafford and open holes for the run game?

Will they get some new help for AD with the pass rush?

CB? and CB?

Like so many here, I'm hoping this is the Rams primary focus. I'd prefer getting a young new elite Edge rusher thru a trade, just don't want to rely on a rookie draftee getting the job done as Donald ages.
At least 1 immediate starter quality offensive lineman MUST come out of this draft, my preference is a LG/C .
The Rams do have some decent CB depth, but there is no doubt that Ramsey needs additional quality help starting opposite him.
With both several draft picks & players that might be traded, I believe we have the ammunition to get the job done if handled properly. jmo.

Tano

Legend
How will fans.....the fans extremely hard on Raheem Morris.......pull a 180? Will they credit the new position coaches? New players? Will it be because some drastic change in philosophy like playing with a lead?
If he disguises his defense next year, I will be all on board with Raheem.

ReekofRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Reek
Will the majority of the ROD Ram fans really get behind the Rams and support them, or will they bitch and moan over everything they personally disagree with?

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I think my biggest questions are surrounding the coaching staff.

Who will fill the holes and can they be the difference in how this team performs.

I get it, coaches coach but players have to execute.

Can these new guys get better performance out of the players under contract? There’s no way to plug in all pros in all the holes we have.