You would think the McVay/Stafford combo could....

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
They need to scrap these damn lobs and fades. It drives me crazy when an offense gets all the way to the red zone and then decided "let's just toss the ball in that general area."

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Fades are tough to pull off, especially with depth wideouts.

methomas50

Rookie
They scored when they ran the ball, Missing so many starters they should have leaned on the run more. A very winnable game slipped through their fingers. Right now every roster weakness is exploited and magnified.

Spider2YB

Pro Bowler
McVay calls these super low percentage plays. Fades. Screens. I don’t get it. Run the ball and then go to play action.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Last year they were very good in the red zone. This year not so much. But yeah lets assume this year is real and last year was an anomaly?

AZRams

What, we're all thinking it...
They scored when they ran the ball, Missing so many starters they should have leaned on the run more. A very winnable game slipped through their fingers. Right now every roster weakness is exploited and magnified.
Still not sure how you let yourself lost to this Chicago offense. Then again, they made Swift look like a legit RB1.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Then again, they made Swift look like a legit RB1.

That was the most disappointing aspect of the game. Swift could hardly make a yard in the first 3 games. The Rams made him look like an all pro.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Last year they were very good in the red zone. This year not so much. But yeah lets assume this year is real and last year was an anomaly?
PUKA - saved some HIDE with Mcvay’s play calling ?

Really not sure,but I was going crazy yesterday.Out of my Mind upset.Wasn’t a good day on my part for sure. This will slow me down as a poster I think ? Still not sure about the recourse of my actions?

Let’s assume Tutu Atwell isn’t that good ? Where he plays next season is anyone’s guess ? Whittington sure does well on certain routes?

Kyren Williams did have a nice Running TD though & that sequence of play calling sure worked.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
Offensively, the solution is to pound the run in the redzone. We dont have the weapons to pass against a defense covering a condensed field.

LOURam85

Rookie
The more we ran they would have stacked box we was damn near even on rushes and passes

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
PUKA - saved some HIDE with Mcvay’s play calling ?

Really not sure,but I was going crazy yesterday.Out of my Mind upset.Wasn’t a good day on my part for sure. This will slow me down as a poster I think ? Still not sure about the recourse of my actions?

Let’s assume Tutu Atwell isn’t that good ? Where he plays next season is anyone’s guess ? Whittington sure does well on certain routes?

Kyren Williams did have a nice Running TD though & that sequence of play calling sure worked.
I get it McVay sucks

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I might not be remembering correctly but hasn't Mcvay traditionally struggled in the red zone? Hopefully last year wasn't the anomaly. I don't think it was for the record. Need Nacua and Kupp back for sure

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Offensively, the solution is to pound the run in the redzone. We dont have the weapons to pass against a defense covering a condensed field.
Also hopefully we start looking at goal to go as 4 down territory. I'd love to see the Rams implement some plays designed to pick up 4 or 5 yards consistently down there.

Ellard80

Legend
Well my thoughts yesterday!! Yeah - I don’t believe it,but looking at the Vikings makes me appreciate what Kevin O’connel meant to The Rams.
Oh the legendary Kevin O'connel with one playoff appearance and no post season victories yet.

Let's go ahead and crown him the next Bill Walsh!

Last edited:

Ellard80

Legend
I might not be remembering correctly but hasn't Mcvay traditionally struggled in the red zone? Hopefully last year wasn't the anomaly. I don't think it was for the record. Need Nacua and Kupp back for sure

Nah... a fallacy of course.

Here is McVays rating for red zone TD % ( I left out 2022 since it was such an injury shit show)

4th
14th
19th
3rd
5th
14th

So he averages 9.8 out of 32 teams.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Nah... a fallacy of course.

Here is McVays rating for red zone TD % ( I left out 2022 since it was such an injury shit show)

4th
14th
19th
3rd
5th
14th

So he averages 9.8 out of 32 teams.
Which years are which? I wouldn't call it a fallacy necessarily based on what I'm looking at here. I see 3 really good finishes and 3 average finishes.