You know what really grinds my gears?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
Selassie I said:
Hey Scotty,,, as for the thought about the screaming not providing any discernible advantage. It actually does my brotha...

The girls started screaming in order to hide the sound of the ball popping off of the racquet. Listen closely, and you'll notice that they start their scream before (some girls WAY before) their back swing , and continue the scream all the way through and after the swing of the racquet. Hearing the sound of the ball popping off of the racquet does help the player with timing, and many times it can provide a hint as to direction of the return of the ball. Mask the sound, and a clear advantage is gained.

I'm sure you know Mr. Navatilova :sly: ,,, well I've heard HIM explain this before, and HE in fact feels that it should be against the rules.

I used to play lots of tennis and I was a huge tennis fan back in the 80's when My favorite player ( John Mcenroe ) was still on tour. I've seen many of the pros from back in those days play in person here in the States.

My sister used to be Nick Bollettiere's personal assistant... she worked at his tennis academy here in FL. She took me out there a bunch of times and I was actually able to hit with Mary Pierce on 5 or 6 separate occasions. Women's tennis has a special place in my heart,,, or let me just say that I am a big fan of the legs and asses on girl tennis players. throw in the wild screaming and I can't change the TV channel if its on. The Williams sisters do scare me though.

Thanks for clearing that up, also cool story. My cousin used to be a pro tennis player, he played at Wimbledon a few times but he never really made an impact, still cool tho.

Sorry for highjacking your thread Angry...

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Angry Ram said:
You know what else grinds my gears?? When my thread gets hijacked. :shifty:

Whaaaaaaaaa???? THAT never happens around here. :sly:

superfan24

Starter
We need to make a tennis thread now :bign:
I'm all for it. Let's go Fish/Baker!!!!!!!!!

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
You want to know what really grinds my gears? Peter Griffin. That guy really grinds my gears.

:rofl:

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
RamFan503 said:
Angry Ram said:
You know what else grinds my gears?? When my thread gets hijacked. :shifty:

Whaaaaaaaaa???? THAT never happens around here. :sly:

Oh...got eat a non existent lemon jelly donut.

Memento said:
You want to know what really grinds my gears? Peter Griffin. That guy really grinds my gears.

:rofl:

You know what, I used to love that show, but hated it since then. But now I'm tryin not to be so uptight about shows like that and trying to watch it again. I still don't find it hilarious like I used to, but its not bad to turn your brain off.